What You Do In The Tower (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 00:58 (3380 days ago)

Any habits or silly actions you do in the Tower on a regular basis?

• I always bow in respect and reverence to the Cryptarch and Xur, even if they have just those damn Nemesis Planes again.

• Every time I turn in bounties, I dance in celebration until the upgrades stop appearing.

• Whenever I see Eris(which is rare, now that I'm maxed out), I always sit down, as if waiting for her to tell her story.

• Whenever I'm near a faction leader, I stop running and walk.

• If someone is standing in front of a screen at the Vaults, I'll go to another one.

• Perhaps the strangest one of all--if someone else is talking to a Vanguard of the same class, I'll literally wait at the top of the stairs until they finish. Yes, even for minutes at a time! I don't know, I guess it's because I hold Ikora at the highest respect, and the other leaders I just do out of habit. But yeah, I seriously do that.

Do you guys do anything stupid in the tower?

What You Do In The Tower

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 06:24 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I slide up to the vendors. When time permits, I slow walk.

What You Do In The Tower

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 06:55 (3380 days ago) @ Kermit

I slide up to the vendors.

Especially across the Vanguard table. In fact, the floor of that room is made of lava. You're not supposed to touch it.

When time permits, I slow walk.

I have an old controller on my 360 that causes the stick to be slightly forward without touching it. I can sit it down and ultra slow walk.

What You Do In The Tower

by Oholiab @, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 08:06 (3380 days ago) @ bluerunner

When time permits, I slow walk.

I have an old controller on my 360 that causes the stick to be slightly forward without touching it. I can sit it down and ultra slow walk.

I have a similar controller issue that sticks slightly to the left. I let it go and watch my guardian walk sideways real slow like.

What You Do In The Tower

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 06:48 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I'm completely unable to spend time in the Tower without doing laps around the main square. I can't help it - as soon as I'm not activwly doing anything, my thumbs just go on their own.

See also: Waiting for people to charge supers/synths (or get back from the toilet) before standing on Crota's crystal. If I'm not killing stuff I'm gonna jump on everything. It's earned me the nickname ADHD :/

Almost forgot! Ice skating (sorta)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 07:01 (3380 days ago) @ someotherguy

If you crouch and walk reeeeeaaaal slow while turning the camera slightly to the left or right you'll glide across the floor without any animations. I get a lot of people come and stand next to me and just watch me like "wtf is happening". Even better: You can only move diagonally, so you look even weirder.

What You Do In The Tower

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 11:51 (3380 days ago) @ someotherguy

I was running laps around the Crystal while waiting for Lawnmower the other day. I think I was starting to annoy people, but they were unable to stop me! :P

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 12, 2015, 12:30 (3380 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I have found Solar Wind is fairly effective at stopping me, though

Same for vault access and walking up to everyone.

by Penthesilean, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 06:54 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I always come to a stop at the bottom of the Speaker's stairs and slowly walk up to him before kneeling.

Gotta wring out what thread-bare immersion I can.

Same for vault access and walking up to everyone.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 14:55 (3380 days ago) @ Penthesilean

Forgot about him--I kneel, too

What You Do In The Tower

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 06:58 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

Do you guys do anything stupid in the tower?

Ever notice how there's no bathrooms in the tower? Yeah well... you might want to stay out of the potted plants now.

....do exos poop?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 07:12 (3380 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

....do exos poop?

by Penthesilean, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 16:15 (3379 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Who poops?

What You Do In The Tower

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 07:23 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

If I'm doing something - that.

If waiting though, I'm either deconstructing the art or gazing upon it.

[image]

What You Do In The Tower

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 07:53 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I always slide to vendors and I always jump on the table when going to the vanguard War Room. They need to add more emotions you can do. Like /cry or /laugh.

What You Do In The Tower

by Warbow, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 07:59 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I always go to an empty vault.

The weird thing I've been doing lately is standing one legged on the table beside Master Rahool's tent. Just a glitch I stumbled onto the other day.

What You Do In The Tower

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, February 12, 2015, 08:02 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

Sometimes I'll stand behind the counter in the Cryptarch's booth as if I'm working there. If I'm upset with him I'll jump up on his booth & put footprints all over that nice red fabric.

When arriving I'll often run straight to the parking garage (?) so I can see my ship fly in, land, & descend on the elevator.

I avoid using the same vault terminal as someone else.

When running from the Cryptarch/Vault to Eris I'll jump over the emblem on the ground between the postoffice & special orders.

When waiting for others I'll try & keep the purple ball afloat.

What You Do In The Tower

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 13, 2015, 12:09 (3379 days ago) @ dogcow

When waiting for others I'll try & keep the purple ball afloat.

I try to get the purple ball to bounce over the edge. And if someone is with me trying to do it, I try and defend the edge!

Dance

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 08:47 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

…like nobody's watching

He can dance if he wants to...

by Earendil, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 13:14 (3380 days ago) @ Beorn

embed appears to be broken at the moment, here is the link.

Mod note: Embed fixed. The "youtube" tag just uses the shortcode, not the whole URL.

Slip 'N Slide!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 09:05 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

I like to run and slide through the long water puddle in front of the vaults over and over again.

I also like to jump up and down on the Cryptarch's tent. It reminds me of some game for the Genesis that I used to play back in the day that had lots of red street vendor tents that you could bounce off of. If they could throw something into patch 1.1.1 to make the Cryptarch's roof a trampoline, I would be one happy guardian.

-Disciple

I float three feet off the ground, freaking out randoms. :P

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 13:59 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread