Full 3D Map of the Abyss (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:07 (3380 days ago)

This is already a month old, but I didn't see any mention of it here. User dummeh on Reddit created a great 3D model of the entire Abyss section. Pretty cool to see how it all fits together!

-Disciple

DBO/n/1364

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:09 (3380 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Doh! Searched forums. Not front page.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:15 (3380 days ago) @ Morpheus

<Insert obligatory "what front page?" joke here>

Full 3D Map of the Abyss

by petetheduck, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 14:38 (3380 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Also from Reddit, I'm being told that when you run towards the light, if you halt right after the loot drops, you'll still be in the abyss, but the enemies will no longer respawn. You can turn around, clear out the lingering enemies, and then explore the area freely with full movement.

Full 3D Map of the Abyss

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 16:14 (3380 days ago) @ petetheduck

Also from Reddit, I'm being told that when you run towards the light, if you halt right after the loot drops, you'll still be in the abyss, but the enemies will no longer respawn. You can turn around, clear out the lingering enemies, and then explore the area freely with full movement.

That would be immensely helpful in putting a map together! :)

NO....SHIT.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 22:02 (3379 days ago) @ petetheduck

We HAVE to do that! We HAVE to do that Tuesday!! Does the weight of darkness still apply? Will our flashlights turn on? We've GOTTA do that! I'm serious! That will be an AMAZING learning experience--show people where the holes are, GO BACK AND GET THE CHEST, even just screwing around! I'm setting up an event right now.

NO....SHIT.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, February 15, 2015, 22:34 (3379 days ago) @ Morpheus

As soon as the bridge starts turning solid, Weight of Darkness is entirely disabled. If the enemies truly do despawn, it should be a breeze to explore.

NO....SHIT.

by petetheduck, Monday, February 16, 2015, 03:46 (3379 days ago) @ ZackDark

As soon as the bridge starts turning solid, Weight of Darkness is entirely disabled. If the enemies truly do despawn, it should be a breeze to explore.

The post said they don't despawn, but no additional enemies spawn in. So you have to kill what's left and then you're good.

Just exploring the raid level does sound fun.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 16, 2015, 04:17 (3379 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread