OY Oholiab!!!! (Recruitment)

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 14:58 (3362 days ago)

So after last weeks raid with James he mentioned wanting to run Crotas this weekend. Before I make a post in the fire team builder I was just wondering what times would work best for you guys. I can do Saturday morning and all day Sunday. He was awesome and I definitely would like to play with him again.

OY Oholiab!!!!

by nico, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 15:05 (3362 days ago) @ Up North 65

If on 360, I would be interested… could maybe get Claude in there too and perhaps Mig as well!

OY Oholiab!!!!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 16:14 (3362 days ago) @ Up North 65

So after last weeks raid with James he mentioned wanting to run Crotas this weekend. Before I make a post in the fire team builder I was just wondering what times would work best for you guys. I can do Saturday morning and all day Sunday. He was awesome and I definitely would like to play with him again.

Oy! First, as a parent, that's actually really encouraging, so thanks for saying so. Needless to say, we're very careful about who our kids game with, and I'm happy this community provides him with a great online experience. He definitely enjoys playing with the big boys! He always gets a laugh when you guys let a four-letter-word slip.

I will check with the family social coordinator and let you know. I also have to balance the fact that his sister really wanted to be the first to tackle Crota. No sibling rivalry there... She's a steady player: won't get the most kills, but won't die the most either. May not be quite up to Crota, so I don't want her to be a burden to other guardians if I'm not there to help pick up the slack. I'll let you know tonight.

So at the risk of giving too much info, it might help all the 360 folks to know how things work with our gamertags:

Oholiab:
me (hunter; old guy; stutters; only uses precision weaponry) I'm generally on late at night on the weekends, or early evening on Tuesdays.

Isaac (Warlock; youngest offspring, only level 31 Guardian in the house; doesn't like to talk in the mic, but listens well) usually on in the afternoon. If you send a message to me and don't get an answer, it's probably because he's playing at the moment. That happens a lot!

OholiabII
James (Titan; favors rushing in using shoulder charge; owns two Destiny books; fierce Crucible player; would probably love to be on the forum if his dad allowed Safari on his iPad mini) usually on afternoons

Miriam (hunter; loves patrolling and exploring; likes to play with her dad; really wants to do some raids) generally not on unless I am

Coolest.Kids.Ever.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:56 (3362 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

OY Oholiab!!!!

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:12 (3362 days ago) @ Oholiab

It's really awesome that you have kids that want to participate and help out the team. It was kinda sad when James asked if we wanted him to turn his mike off agh the beginning because somebody told him his voice was annoying. Shit like that really pisses me off and he was a champ through the whole raid. We didn't have a wipe until Atheon and that was the only one. I'm game to run multiples of either raid to help alleviate any sibling rivalry and I think the gang from last weekend is around as well.

OY Oholiab!!!!

by ckamp, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:45 (3362 days ago) @ Up North 65

It was kinda sad when James asked if we wanted him to turn his mike off agh the beginning because somebody told him his voice was annoying.

Just to be clear. We inferred that this is why he offered to turn his mike off. Nobody in our group suggested that he was annoying. It made me so bummed to hear him offer that because that means he got that message communicated to him from somewhere and that sucks. People can be jerks... We were quite glad to have his voice contributing to the chatter.

OY Oholiab!!!!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:50 (3362 days ago) @ ckamp

It was kinda sad when James asked if we wanted him to turn his mike off agh the beginning because somebody told him his voice was annoying.

Just to be clear. We inferred that this is why he offered to turn his mike off. Nobody in our group suggested that he was annoying. It made me so bummed to hear him offer that because that means he got that message communicated to him from somewhere and that sucks. People can be jerks... We were quite glad to have his voice contributing to the chatter.

As someone who has raided with James in the past, I will add that he is quite insightful, and very capable. You're a champ in my book, James. Don't sweat it and keep that mic on.

OY Oholiab!!!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:09 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I enjoyed the first VoG run we did (I assume that was James?), and I bet he got that message from someone who had a knee-jerk reaction to hearing a younger voice. Let's face it, we've all been annoyed by obnoxious kids we've run into on XBL. If I were him, I would assume that that comment was from someone predisposed to not like kids' voices, and not assume that it's a valid judgment.

i look forward to playing with him again.

OY Oholiab!!!!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:45 (3362 days ago) @ Oholiab

Lil' Blue and I need to run with you guys sometime. He's been wanting to run Crota.

yes!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:53 (3362 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

OY Oholiab!!!!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:58 (3362 days ago) @ Oholiab

My apologies for my four letter word slips :) James was great the other night. Would gladly play with any in the Oholiab family!

OY Oholiab!!!!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:52 (3362 days ago) @ Up North 65

I was just wondering what times would work best for you guys. I can do Saturday morning and all day Sunday.

Sounds like James and Miriam are available Saturday before 11:30am MST. You schedule what you want, and we'll work it out on our end.

I'm available Sunday. Wife and kids are heading out of town for a couple days without me ):

Thanks for thinking of him!

Pure awesomesauce

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10:42 (3359 days ago) @ Oholiab

So we got past ir yut and ran out of time. James and Miriam both did great, took some time through the abyss but the bridge had maybe 3 wipes and only 2 on ir yut. Big thanks to mower, chickens, relleck, unoudid, and baNana helping out with different parts. Anyone available this afternoon to help them finish up? I'm headed to work but it looks like they can play after 330. I'll throw it up on the ftb as well

Help them Finish today at 2:30 PST

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 13:17 (3359 days ago) @ Up North 65

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread