Same old iron banner bounties?! really? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 17:20 (3362 days ago)

Wow. The same 6 bounties have appeared in Iron banner every time. Why on Earth haven't more been rolled in?

Bingo! I got a bingo!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:06 (3362 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have "really!?", "another bad design decision", Cody shitting on an Indie game, and "MMO's are objectively bad". Free space is of course CWR2013. Korny, what did I win?

I was so close. I needed "Cody yells at someone" :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:25 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

The classic prize

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:58 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Straight from the Korny vault for winners.

Bingo! I got a bingo!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 23:03 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You are now my second favorite person on the boards. Quality posts, and voicing what I honestly wanted to. If you ever find yourself within the endless ennui that is Iowa, I'm buying you a drink. I don't care if I have to drive five hours to do it, it's a done deal.

Iowa...*shivers*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 08:11 (3362 days ago) @ Dagoonite

You are now my second favorite person on the boards. Quality posts, and voicing what I honestly wanted to. If you ever find yourself within the endless ennui that is Iowa, I'm buying you a drink. I don't care if I have to drive five hours to do it, it's a done deal.

I actually have a good buddy who lives in Cedar Rapids so I occasionally find myself out there. I've driven through Iowa a couple times, which is actually the definition of ennui. Sometimes I used time-lapse vids of people driving through Iowa to count sheep.

Iowa...*shivers*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 08:52 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I actually have a good buddy who lives in Cedar Rapids so I occasionally find myself out there. I've driven through Iowa a couple times, which is actually the definition of ennui. Sometimes I used time-lapse vids of people driving through Iowa to count sheep.

Stabbim, myself, and some mutual friends had a lovely time around Cedar Rapids this summer. It invovled the "future" birthplace of James T. Kirk, strip clubs, and many laughs.

Iowa...*shivers*

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:09 (3362 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Stabbim, myself, and some mutual friends had a lovely time around Cedar Rapids this summer. It invovled the "future" birthplace of James T. Kirk, strip clubs, and many laughs.

fasdf YOU WERE RIGHT NEAR ME! I've been offered a job in Riverside more times than I can count.

Iowa...*shivers*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 05:16 (3361 days ago) @ Dagoonite

fasdf YOU WERE RIGHT NEAR ME! I've been offered a job in Riverside more times than I can count.

Mark my words. In 200 years some smartass is going to name their child James Kirk, long after everyone had forgotten what that stone was about. They shall be the Chosen One, the Fly their Holy Beast and the Rotted Apple their Holy Fruit.

In 200 years there are going to be 30 kids there named JTK.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:23 (3361 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:28

- No text -

And so the Holy Wars began

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 11:47 (3361 days ago) @ iconicbanana

BELIEVE NOT THE PICARD HERETICS, WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE KIRK, OR PERISH.

And so the Holy Wars began

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 11:57 (3361 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Iowa...*shivers*

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:03 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Wow, it really bothers me that there are both black bars on the sides and white bars on the top & bottom... Why didn't they just make the video full-frame?

I know, right?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:06 (3362 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Wow, it really bothers me that there are both black bars on the sides and white bars on the top & bottom... Why didn't they just make the video full-frame?

I wasn't gonna go with that one but then the music was Steely D and I wasn't turning that down. "Teddy's rolling now most every night / Skatin' backwards at the speed of light". C'mon now. Brilliant. Fagen is a goddamn wordsmith.

I know, right?

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:08 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Yeah, the music and actual footage is cool. The bars just bugged me :)

To be fair...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:14 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

...It's still better than taking I-80 through Nebraska. Especially in an older car with no cruise control and a radio without even a tape deck on a Sunday morning. That, my friend, is a recipe for a sleep-related car crash. Iowa may not have a lot of hills, but we look like we've got mountains by comparison.

Should I ever drive out to Seattle again, I'm finding an alternate route.

To be fair...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:15 (3362 days ago) @ Dagoonite

...It's still better than taking I-80 through Nebraska.

Truer words, brother. In my nightmares, the post-apocalypse looks exactly like Nebraska.

To be fair...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 06:31 (3361 days ago) @ iconicbanana

...It's still better than taking I-80 through Nebraska.

Truer words, brother. In my nightmares, the post-apocalypse looks exactly like Nebraska.

Gah. I hated that drive moving to and from Colorado. Try a fun game though. If you're spending a ton of time on one highway, like say driving from Colorado to Maine, judge the character of the state based on the road signs you see.

Kansas is an angry, angry place. Missouri downright heartwarming.

MoDOT cares. *kisses*

Same old iron banner bounties?! really?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:41 (3362 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wow. The same 6 bounties have appeared in Iron banner every time. Why on Earth haven't more been rolled in?

You're.....you're surprised?

There's like, maybe 25 bounties in total throughout this entire damn game and solar system, save for the extra 5 Exotics.

Collect 200 made-up "materials" (Get kills)
Non-dying bounties (100 enemies, 30 melees, strike)
Kill name-a-strike
Kill some random Major with an actual name
100 Headshots
20 Supers
20 Fusion Rifle 241's
Patrol on name-a-planet

I wholeheartedly agree with you, it's the most repetitive B.S. grind ever and with a constantly updating online-only world, you think they would've learned from Reach's challenges, but you shouldn't be surprised by that. That's why Iron Banner is literally just Assault Rifle/Machine Gun Warlock Territories.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 21:58 (3362 days ago) @ Morpheus

You're.....you're surprised?

Surprised enough to make a separate thread when the IB thread is only five posts below, but that's the Cody standard.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, it's the most repetitive B.S. grind ever and with a constantly updating online-only world, you think they would've learned from Reach's challenges, but you shouldn't be surprised by that. That's why Iron Banner is literally just Assault Rifle/Machine Gun Warlock Territories.

Hey, that's not fair. I've always run regular Crucible as a Machine-gun Warlock. :P
... Though I've been running the last two IBs as a Hawkmoon Hunter once I get the AR bounty out of the way...

But I really am surprised that nearly half a year down the road, and Eris is the only thing we've gotten in the way of new bounties... Wassup wit dat?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:15 (3362 days ago) @ Morpheus

Wait... what?

I'm a hand cannon/Rocket Launcher Titan, and I actually do pretty well in IB. Not sure what you're talking about. :(

(Last three games of last night:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018428389764/2305843009228595614/1851796031
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018428389764/2305843009228595614/1851866701
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018428389764/2305843009228595614/1851914895

Those are how most (though not all) of the games went last night.)

He's talking about the bounties

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:22 (3362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And Warlocks because Sunsingers trump almost all melee fights if they can get their Flame Shield up, and because the Warlock melee has the farthest range of any of them.

Ah. My bad.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:19 (3362 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

And Warlocks because Sunsingers trump almost all melee fights if they can get their Flame Shield up, and because the Warlock melee has the farthest range of any of them.

I skip the bounties that aren't reasonable for my playstyle (which means the auto rifle, machine gun, and headshot sprees).

I understand now, though.

I Didn't Even THINK About Flame Shields.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, February 20, 2015, 01:50 (3360 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Yeah, Warlocks have that long palm, but I wasn't even thinking about that. And those Barrier Melees?! JEEZ.

"Auto Rifles are overused" "Get AR headshots for rep"

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:51 (3362 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

They did actually mention that they ignored the spike in IB

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:19 (3362 days ago) @ someotherguy

When they looked at autorifle usage, they did mention that they ignored the spike in usage during IB, which they attributed to the AR headshot bounties all week.

by car15, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:38 (3362 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because Bungie doesn't have any more to give.

This is what you get. This is all you get. This is Destiny.

You guys are just soft-balling these to each other.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:51 (3362 days ago) @ car15

[image]

You guys are just soft-balling these to each other.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:54 (3362 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I read the jersey "Mills" as "Miller" for a min.

Good old Patty Mills.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:56 (3362 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You'll always be a blazer to me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread