The Impossible Challenge (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 18:38 (3361 days ago)

DBO is amazing. Through hard work and coordination we've managed to set up matchmade Crucible game nights. We even fought ourselves during a Bungie Bounty... and won! But, there is still one challenge left. One final frontier we have not yet reached. A challenge so impossible that it makes grown men cry: The Impossible Challenge!

What is The Impossible Challenge? How do you complete it? Simple: All you have to do is purposely get 16 DBOers into one instance of the Tower... and dance!

Think you have what it takes?

Doesn't seem too difficult

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 20:10 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What is The Impossible Challenge? How do you complete it? Simple: All you have to do is purposely get 16 DBOers into one instance of the Tower... and dance!

1) Form three Fireteams (6, 6, and 4)
2) Have the party leaders from each party go into Party chat together
3) Each team joins a Tower instance
4) Whichever team has the lowest Tower population stays, the other two try to join on that one
5) It'll probably take some time to let the "riffraff" clear out, but eventually you should have enough spots for the last team to join in

Can you leave a fire team but stay in the tower?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 21:54 (3361 days ago) @ Beorn

If so this would just require a lot of join button spamming.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 22:15 (3361 days ago) @ Beorn

Keep joining random towers solo until 3 meet in the same tower, but not in a party. Have everyone else try to join on them?

Dur…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 01:40 (3361 days ago) @ CyberKN

Keep joining random towers solo until 3 meet in the same tower, but not in a party. Have everyone else try to join on them?

Yeah, this is the ticket. I don't know what I was thinking about before.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 10:10 (3361 days ago) @ CyberKN

The first 3 should be in the same geographic area. I've found that Lil' Blue and I will get sent to the same tower even if we're not in a fireteam. Might be because we're coming from the same house. I've also inspected randoms and found many to be from around my area, middle Tennessee.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 11:24 (3361 days ago) @ bluerunner

The first 3 should be in the same geographic area. I've found that Lil' Blue and I will get sent to the same tower even if we're not in a fireteam. Might be because we're coming from the same house. I've also inspected randoms and found many to be from around my area, middle Tennessee.

CC and I have not ended up in the same tower (non-fireteam) before and were in the same house.

However, I DO see familiar GTs frequently, and they all are "go bucks" or related, so I'd bet you're right about geographically lumping people together.

I mean, there is no way that many people outside of Ohio like the buckeyes... I hope.

Sadly, no.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 11:26 (3361 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I mean, there is no way that many people outside of Ohio like the buckeyes... I hope.

I moved to Oregon to escape from all of them. But. They're. Everywhere.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 12:12 (3361 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well, it's not a guarantee, just an influencing factor.

Makes sense, really. Matchmaking, even tower matchmaking, is probably looking for people who have low latency connections to each other. Being geographically closer will tend to help with that, as anyone who's ever tried to play Halo with someone on another continent knows all too well.

I can confirm

by ckamp, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 12:35 (3361 days ago) @ bluerunner

Rellekh and I have ended up in the same tower while playing before. It is rare, but it happens.

Or:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 22:43 (3361 days ago) @ Beorn

Message a full tower with huge bribes if they change their clan to DBO...

This one's the winner.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 01:33 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

The Impossible Challenge

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 04:42 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So are we going to try this? This sounds like a nice little DBO photo op.

Variation

by ckamp, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:30 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A mix of Ragashingo's and Cyber's plans:

• Have a group go to the tower.
  • Bribe 2 tower-dwellers with ???* to get them to invite one of your friends each to their fireteam with the understanding that they would then have to leave.
  • The Random will make your friend the fireteam leader and then leave the party.
  • Have your friends invite everyone else.

*Sure it could be awkward at fist, but people might just want to help out. It also may be faster than the matchmaking gods... You also may get "avoided" by a good portion of the tower denizens.

What abut...

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:36 (3361 days ago) @ ckamp

Going in as a fire team of 3 and then just leaving the fire team without leaving the tower? Does that boot you to a different tower instance or to orbit? If it doesnt then it is just a matter of inviting in people when there is space and dancing to your hearts content, or mass suicide, or conga train, or mobbing the rahooligan.

What abut...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:46 (3361 days ago) @ Up North 65

I think leaving a fireteam kicks you away... Kinda like joining someone on Patrol kicks you to orbit first. I seem to recall being disappointed by that.

We need to test this tonight

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 09:48 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Leaving the fireteam kicks you to orbit

by ckamp, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 10:00 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

8v8 soccer in the tower... use shaders for teams

by ckamp, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 10:24 (3361 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Chatterwhite vs. Glowhoo

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 11:29 (3361 days ago) @ ckamp

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread