Live so well that Death will tremble to take you... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 03:41 (3376 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, February 20, 2015, 04:28

Joined a game where my team was seven thousand points behind, and a second guy was quitting just as I was dropping in, so there was pretty much zero hope of turning the game around... That said, I've always been a fan of the Strategic Victory...

Speaking of which, Team DBO is a force to be reckoned with in the Iron Banner, even when we start out a man short and on the bad side of the map. Those Thorn Bounties will be turned in in no time!

Live so well that Death will tremble to take you...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 20, 2015, 06:43 (3376 days ago) @ Korny

I'm really glad you picked one of the few games that I finished with a positive k/d to show! :-)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:22 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm really glad you picked one of the few games that I finished with a positive k/d to show! :-)

Ahaha. Have thorn yet? I can;t wait to kill Zyor with you.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:34 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ahaha. Have thorn yet? I can;t wait to kill Zyor with you.

I think I'm at 270ish (out of 500). We only did a few more matches after you bailed.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:20 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, this was more akin to the rest of the games, huh? :P

[image]

Freakin "Kill-stealin Korny"

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:36 (3376 days ago) @ Korny

That was probably the game that I earned the "Unsung Hero" medal less than halfway through the match.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:01 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That was probably the game that I earned the "Unsung Hero" medal less than halfway through the match.

It's okay. I stole 4 of his kills really quickly. He had a shit tons of assist medals all appear at once!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 12:15 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's okay. I stole 4 of his kills really quickly. He had a shit tons of assist medals all appear at once!

The OVERASSIST, lol... That was painful to watch on my feed. Literally every enemy that I was gunning down in that Hallway caught one of your Machine Gun bullets, and I just watched those medals rack up like in two seconds...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 20, 2015, 07:26 (3376 days ago) @ Korny

Of course you post one where I had a kdr < 1.0. ;)

Time to break out my Jolder's Hammer.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:22 (3376 days ago) @ Korny

I have one with nearly identical perks (Crowd control instead of Surplus). I've been avoiding using HMGs because of bad experinces with lag, but that exacting measures bounty isn't going to complete itself...

Time to break out my Jolder's Hammer.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:34 (3376 days ago) @ CyberKN

Jolders Hammer was responsible for many of my deaths last night. :-/

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, February 20, 2015, 16:29 (3376 days ago) @ Korny

Nice game! I was let down when you didn't pull off the victory... it really looked like you were going to make it.

I'm also a hunter using similar weapons. I tend to hang back and guard closer to C, but I'm totally going to make use of the top of the stairs spot that you were rocking. Only tip I have for you is that you don't have to pick up all that heavy at once. When you already have 50 shots in the bag, leave the drops in case you die.

What are you using instead of Symbiote?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 19:31 (3376 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Nice game! I was let down when you didn't pull off the victory... it really looked like you were going to make it.

We got pretty close to catching up at one point, but ultimately it's a team effort. Either way, you don't have to win to have a good time, and I had a blast that match... Heck, I had a game where my entire team quit, and every last person on the enemy team would teabag me when they killed me... But I made them earn those teabags (and I dragged the game out for nine minutes). Had some great grenade kills there.

I'm also a hunter using similar weapons. I tend to hang back and guard closer to C, but I'm totally going to make use of the top of the stairs spot that you were rocking. Only tip I have for you is that you don't have to pick up all that heavy at once. When you already have 50 shots in the bag, leave the drops in case you die.

I try to, but sometimes I want to keep one step ahead of what might come next, so I'll sacrifice a few spare rounds in order to be mobile and packing. But thanks!

What are you using instead of Symbiote?

While Symbiote is my go-to exotic (I'm a lousy gunslinger, and the fourth shot helps a lot), I use Lucky Raspberry in Iron Banner, because spawning with grenade ammo is a blessing (I'll upload a short montage at some point where I got over a dozen grenade kills in a single game of Delphi).

Raspberry is also ideal for Skirmish/doubles/Salvage, because every revive refills your grenade, so you can run Blade Dancer with Arcbolt grenades and punish the enemy.

by DreadPirateWes, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 12:53 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

Cool, I just got raspberry from motes and am leveling it up. Think it's my last hunter exotic.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread