Who got Mark of the Unbroken in IB last night? This guy! (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:19 (3374 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018436870082/2305843009237578243/1867914468

I know tooting my own horn is kinda not cool, but I realized I could possibly do this about 5 minutes into the game and my blood started pumping. Could have maybe had a few more kills but we were winning solidly so I played conservatively. Had to, too, since we went the full timer.

Almost all of my kills were from using Harm's Way. I had heavy from the first drop onwards. Managed to kill a few people with heavy on the first drop and was able to pick up their ammo when I ran out (a good strategy by the way, if you see purple on the ground, don't immediately grab it. Manage your ammo wisely).

As part of this, I out ran a guy who fusion rifle winged me twice, found cover, regen'ed health and then took him out. I also killed two blade dancers just as they were about to get me. A couple moments here and there and this would have been a very different game for me.

I never thought I'd get this in Crucible, let alone Iron Banner. Granted, perhaps being IB gave me some advantages I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Thanks should be given to ckamp (Robot Chickens) for playing an excellent game as well. Probably aided to this quite a bit.

When it's MotU, always brag.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:23 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

Thanks should be given to ckamp (Robot Chickens) for playing an excellent game as well. Probably aided to this quite a bit.

Robot joins Chaossociety in the 'I totally won a MotU for someone else' ranks ;)

Nothing wrong with tooting your own horn around here!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:30 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Cody was right

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:36 (3374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Congrats!

by Kahzgul, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:46 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Who got Mark of the Unbroken in IB last night? This guy!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:55 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

Who the hell brought an 11 to the party?

But this one goes to 11...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:57 (3374 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I just noticed that this morning. There were only three of us on the fireteam: me, ckamp/Robot Chickens, and HoboDeathK. The other three were randoms.

But this one goes to 11...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:59 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

Yea i figured it wasn't you guys, just saying that was really odd for someone to bring that dude in.

Could be leveling.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:01 (3374 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Can you check his grimoire score? I know when I leveled up my hunter via crucible, I played a fair number of games against lobbies full of 30's, especially when playing with folks on the boards here.

Could be leveling.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:03 (3374 days ago) @ iconicbanana

True, but 11 requires that someone else brought you with them, remember no one less than 20 has access.

Oh right, IB.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:03 (3374 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

True, but 11 requires that someone else brought you with them, remember no one less than 20 has access.

Madness.

Nicely done

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:10 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:26 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018436870082/2305843009237578243/1867914468

Congrats, man!
All of the MotU games seem to be based around 16 kills. I wonder why....

Almost all of my kills were from using Harm's Way. I had heavy from the first drop onwards. Managed to kill a few people with heavy on the first drop and was able to pick up their ammo when I ran out (a good strategy by the way, if you see purple on the ground, don't immediately grab it. Manage your ammo wisely).

Smart. Had a game last night where I killed three out of four enemies just as they picked up their Heavy, and I had a bunch of it available for the rest of the game, picking up another pack once I finished the one I was using...

As part of this, I out ran a guy who fusion rifle winged me twice, found cover, regen'ed health and then took him out. I also killed two blade dancers just as they were about to get me. A couple moments here and there and this would have been a very different game for me.

Gunning down Blade Dancers with HMGs is one of the purest experiences in Destiny. *tip o' the hat*

I never thought I'd get this in Crucible, let alone Iron Banner. Granted, perhaps being IB gave me some advantages I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Also gave your enemies advantages that they wouldn't have otherwise had, so marinate on that for a moment.

Cane better watch out, a new Humble Man is in town...

by Robot Chickens, Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:13 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade

I would like to get one of those myself some day, but I think I'm too impatient. I'm more like the dog chasing a stick in that I see something I want to kill and I chase it.

It was great playing with you. I put out a lot of death in that game, but I think I also absorbed most of the deaths too. They had a number of good snipers on their team but your positioning forced them into encounters you could control. That was great to hear you so elated!

Too elated?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:15 (3374 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

It was great playing with you. I put out a lot of death in that game, but I think I also absorbed most of the deaths too. They had a number of good snipers on their team but your positioning forced them into encounters you could control. That was great to hear you so elated!

Apparently I was a bit too elated, the wife informed me I was quite loud and she couldn't sleep: :(

Unpossible Sir

by Robot Chickens, Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:28 (3374 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Robot Chickens, Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:37

Has she earned MotU? No? Then she wouldn't know. Someday, when we finally turn her into an FPS machine and she gets her own MotU, she'll dance and squeal like everyone else. Then she'll look back on last night and you will give her a knowing smile. All will be forgiven (and she may even feel a little bad...).

Could be leveling.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 20, 2015, 13:01 (3374 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

If you visit his record, then look BACK at BeardFade's permalink, he becomes a 23. Now I know it shows what the system knows he is now... but it seems unlikely that he jumped from 11 to 23 in the last 12 hours... especially since he only played 6 games after the game with BeardFade.

I think the 11 is wrong. :)

Could be leveling.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, February 20, 2015, 13:20 (3374 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yea bungie.net has some weird issues. Not sure why they can't just record the level AT THAT GAME (end of it incase they changed what they had on)

Could be leveling.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 20, 2015, 13:40 (3374 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Yea bungie.net has some weird issues. Not sure why they can't just record the level AT THAT GAME (end of it incase they changed what they had on)

Once you get above level 20, you could be NAKED and you'd still be level 20. (Your Defense would be awfully low, but your level won't show below 20.)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, February 20, 2015, 22:10 (3373 days ago) @ BeardFade

Strange to comment on my own thread in this way, but thinking more about this run last night led me to a thought. There is one thing about MotU that is easy to forget, the fact that by not dying, you did not give the team any points.

I think there's a distinction between points the enemy earns and points you give the enemy. The enemy earns points for skill, such as headshots, grenade kills, more zones etc, but you also give points by making bad choices, running into situations you shouldn't, and getting your ass killed.

Think about it kids, it's just as important to put points on the board as it is to keep from giving points to the other team.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread