Questions about Iron Banner (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:41 (3356 days ago)

Those emblems and shaders you buy give you a buff, right? When the next Iron Banner comes around, you can start out with those items enabled, right?

I'm also thinking that the cost of the guns might not be such an issue if that's all you have to pay for and you can be prepared, like people are for Xur.

Yes

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:45 (3356 days ago) @ Kermit

Shaders, Emblems, and Bond/Mark/Cloak all give a bonus, 10% I think.

Questions about Iron Banner

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:46 (3356 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by CyberKN, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:50

Those emblems and shaders you buy give you a buff, right? When the next Iron Banner comes around, you can start out with those items enabled, right?

I'm also thinking that the cost of the guns might not be such an issue if that's all you have to pay for and you can be prepared, like people are for Xur.

Yes, and Yes.

I've taken to hoarding those glimmer drops you can redeem at the cryptarch in my vault. I was able to buy two Shotguns and a pair of boots without even thinking about glimmer farming.

Edit: Here's a great breakdown of how Iron banner rep is calculated

Adding to this...

by Kahzgul, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:07 (3356 days ago) @ CyberKN

You can swap the emblem and shader to your alt characters, but have to reach rank 4 with each class to buy the Class Item. If your alts are the same class, then you can swap that class item as well.

Also, holy god buy the Tempered buff. It's enormous and worth buying, even on day 1.

One more tip: IB bounties don't reset until you log in after the rollover (1 am PST). So if you're one kill away from finishing your auto rifle headshot bounty, and it's after 1 am, just keep playing until you do it. Turn it in, log out, log back in, and you can pick up a fresh auto rifle headshot bounty right there. In contrast, if you log out with 1 kill to go, log back in, get the kill and turn it in, you won't be able to pick up the bounty again until after the next rollover.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread