In an uncertain place (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:19 (3356 days ago)

This is not a spot you want your players to be in. My situation:

I have a lot of guns that I want to experiment with, however doing so means leveling them to get to the interesting perks. Many of those are exotics.

1. Leveling up guns is boring, and time consuming.
2. I do not know if House of Wolves will nullify the exp I put into the exotics like Dark Below did. So why not just do it when that comes out?
3. I don't NEED to level any of these guns up, as I already have everything I need to do all the content.

Therefore, I am in a place where I don't actually want to play the game anymore (aside from nightfalls and Crota Flawless). I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way.

I quick word soon from Bungie about how exotic upgrading will work in House of Wolves would be appreciated. If no word, then I will by default not waste my time under the assumption it will be invalidated later.

The problem is solved in Destiny 2 if gun upgrades and attack values are eliminated. At the very least Bungie should moving forward adopt a policy when DLC does not set anybody back.

In an uncertain place

by Robot Chickens, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:27 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. I do not know if House of Wolves will nullify the exp I put into the exotics like Dark Below did. So why not just do it when that comes out?
3. I don't NEED to level any of these guns up, as I already have everything I need to do all the content.

I agree. In fact, (Warning: first-world Bungie problem incoming) I'm a bit wary of having two Gjallerhorns at the moment. I love not having to go to the tower to shuffle things for my different characters, but the thought of upgrading two of them, in addition to other exotics, just sounds exhausting.

Now, every exotic I upgrade feels like I'm signing myself up for future chores. I hope they do something along the lines of adding a damage/defense upgrade node to your armor for HoW.

In an uncertain place

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:29 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have a lot of guns that I want to experiment with, however doing so means leveling them to get to the interesting perks. Many of those are exotics.

1. Leveling up guns is boring, and time consuming.

Bounties + Telemetries = upgrade. It really only takes a day or two of casual play, if you do the vanguard and Eris bounties and pop a telemetry for the target weapon when you turn them in.

Not really a big deal. I know in two days if a weapon will be fun for me or not.

No, you don't.

My money is on the cap being raised to 34. Need to be 32 to do the new raid. Crota armor gets you in, HoW armor gets you to 34 cap.

Weapons? They said they were going to try something else.....

Therefore, I am in a place where I don't actually want to play the game anymore (aside from nightfalls and Crota Flawless). I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way.

I quick word soon from Bungie about how exotic upgrading will work in House of Wolves would be appreciated. If no word, then I will by default not waste my time under the assumption it will be invalidated later.

The problem is solved in Destiny 2 if gun upgrades and attack values are eliminated. At the very least Bungie should moving forward adopt a policy when DLC does not set anybody back.

Play something else, Cody. I'm in the same boat. I have the armor, I could hit the 32 cap, but I don't see a point with HoW being out. I raid for fun. I have the stuff I like, mostly, but I don't CHASE things I have a low shot at getting anyway.

So I play once a week, do the nightfall\weekly, raid if I'm lucky, and do something else.

Metroid Prime Trilogy has been seeing my gaming time, and I'm in love.

Stop playing when you aren't having fun.

Come back when you want to.

You know this.

You preach this.

Why don't you listen to yourself foo?

If you feel like you kinda want to play Destiny, but then think "why bother?", then you don't really want to play.

Done.

In an uncertain place

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 23, 2015, 11:22 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Didn't I just say in that post I am NOT going to be playing except for nightfalls? I was wavering around making a titan and a warlock, but it all seems like way too much work to get the hadronic essence and titan plating.

In an uncertain place

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, February 23, 2015, 11:37 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Didn't I just say in that post I am NOT going to be playing except for nightfalls?

Yeah, but you also seem to make the same thread once a week as well.

Or at least it feels that way.

What can I say about Cody Miller? Well, he's consistent.

I was wavering around making a titan and a warlock, but it all seems like way too much work to get the hadronic essence and titan plating.

I fired up my alt hunter for the first time in months the other night. I think its a level 28 with the gear I've saved for it, but it's skill tree isn't even maxes out yet haha.

Seriously though, go find something that is fun for a bit before you go insane.

In an uncertain place

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:49 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/26/7916957/destiny-dark-below-house-of-wolves-bungie

And maybe you're getting bored because you're using the same stuff. I jumbled up a lot of my weapons between my three characters last week to get more use out of my lesser used weapons. It breathed new life into everything I played this weekend.

The important quote from Luke Smith..

by petetheduck, Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:57 (3356 days ago) @ bluerunner

"Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
•Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
•Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents"

Link

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread