QUACK QUACK CROTA: The Results (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 03:35 (3344 days ago)

1:43:24.

Memorable moments include:

Getting the loot drop for the bridge right before dying, and then having to do the bridge again because the checkpoint didn't register.

Realizing the key to ultimate victory at the Deathsinger was not throwing grenades from below.

Watching Crota kill Zero with his mind, because he sure didn't swing his sword.

Getting Steel through his first hard mode victory.

Playing normal mode after on our alts and having a much more fun, relaxed experience.

DBO prevails! I'm glad we pulled off the win, after so many failures I experienced when hard mode first released I wasn't sure what would happen. Also thanks for the loot guys, got my Word of Crota and the Crux!

The PS4 team's results

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 05:40 (3344 days ago) @ petetheduck

We were on fire. In just over 30 minutes, we escaped the abyss, crossed the bridge, and crushed the deathsinger. We felt unstoppable...

... And then we got to Crota.

It was just one of those nights were the Crota encounter would not behave. Cyber would hit sword slams that wouldn't do damage, Crota came down off the ledge and started teleporting, the gatekeeper wouldn't come out of his doorway except to go hide. It was rough.

We did eventually prevail, but we were 2 minutes slower than the Xbox crew.

Still, we seemed to get some good drops, and the run was great fun regardless. Congrats all around.

Again next week?

PS4 team stats

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 13:06 (3344 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Great run, guys. We'll beat the Xbox crew next time ;)

[image]

[image]

QUACK QUACK CROTA: The Results

by Funkmon @, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 06:25 (3344 days ago) @ petetheduck

Hope you like the Nechrochasm. Sorry I had to back out at the last minute. Glad y'all kicked ass though.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 07:09 (3344 days ago) @ petetheduck

1:43:24.

Memorable moments include:

Getting the loot drop for the bridge right before dying, and then having to do the bridge again because the checkpoint didn't register.

Realizing the key to ultimate victory at the Deathsinger was not throwing grenades from below.

Watching Crota kill Zero with his mind, because he sure didn't swing his sword.

Getting Steel through his first hard mode victory.

Playing normal mode after on our alts and having a much more fun, relaxed experience.

DBO prevails! I'm glad we pulled off the win, after so many failures I experienced when hard mode first released I wasn't sure what would happen. Also thanks for the loot guys, got my Word of Crota and the Crux!

Congrats!

I was watching Disciple's stream before we started. You were all efficient Crota-killing machines.

We got some excellent drops as well. Cruel got his Abyss defiant, TheeChaos got a Hard light, and I got a Crux!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 18:32 (3344 days ago) @ CyberKN

I wish I had realized beforehand that, once the stream was done, the video is gone. I really thought Twitch saved it to your channel. :(

Oh well. If the alternative is spending money for capture equipment, I'll just stick with the temporary stream. Though, I might have to see if I can talk the team into using the in-game chat so people can listen to more than just me agreeing with everyone :p

-Disciple

Twitch does save your broadcasts

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 18:49 (3344 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It temporarily saves all broadcasts, and gives you the ability to save as much or little of the broadcast as you want permanently.

Well crap.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, March 07, 2015, 20:02 (3344 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It temporarily saves all broadcasts, and gives you the ability to save as much or little of the broadcast as you want permanently.

It will apparently do that as long as this box is checked under "Channel & Videos" settings:

[image]

Of course, mine wasn't checked until about 30 seconds ago. Oh well. I guess now I will be ready for next time :)

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread