Inventory management apps and extensions. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 12:28 (3355 days ago)

Some of you may have known about these, but one of them is new to me today so they may be new to others here. I love what Bungie did with inventory sharing through their app, but I was wanting a way to skip the vault when swapping weapons between characters. Fortunately there were some other folks with the same desire and a little knowledge on how to get that done.

Packmule for Destiny
This one is new to me. I've been playing aound with it this morning and it's been pretty good so far. It took me a minute to figure it out, but once I did I could move things between characters quicker and with less clicks than with the official app. The only problem is that it is only on Android (That's a darn shame, Korny).
Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.packmule.destiny
Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2y52vm/packmule_for_destiny_now_available_on_android_and/

Destiny Item Manager
This one is really cool. It's a Chrome extension, and since my computer is way over there ---> it's not as handy for me, but it is if you're near your computer. The biggest plus for it: You can create loadouts. Very cool. I haven't played with it much, but so far it seems all right.
Reddit link to install and info: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyItemManager/comments/2y0zg7/installation_link_and_general_info/

Do you know of any others?

Inventory management apps and extensions.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 12:36 (3355 days ago) @ bluerunner

People have lost items using the official tools, so adding this unofficial layer on top of it should warrant extreme caution.

I love the vault transfers and use it all the time for materials, but the idea of building loadouts and trusting a community-built app to perform the many individual transfers of weapons and armor necessary to make it happen seem like a risk not worth taking.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 12:46 (3355 days ago) @ petetheduck

I transfer weapons all the time and have had no problems. The worst I've had is transferring them to the wrong character, but that's due to all the back and forth you have to do on Bungie's app. If losing items was actually happening, no doubt there would be screaming all over the place, but that's not happening. If the best example of that is some random guy on B.net saying it happened once during a cutscene while getting disconnected, then I feel pretty comfortable with it working.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:12 (3355 days ago) @ bluerunner

Some of you may have known about these, but one of them is new to me today so they may be new to others here. I love what Bungie did with inventory sharing through their app, but I was wanting a way to skip the vault when swapping weapons between characters. Fortunately there were some other folks with the same desire and a little knowledge on how to get that done.

Packmule for Destiny
This one is new to me. I've been playing aound with it this morning and it's been pretty good so far. It took me a minute to figure it out, but once I did I could move things between characters quicker and with less clicks than with the official app. The only problem is that it is only on Android (That's a darn shame, Korny).
Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.packmule.destiny
Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2y52vm/packmule_for_destiny_now_available_on_android_and/

Destiny Item Manager
This one is really cool. It's a Chrome extension, and since my computer is way over there ---> it's not as handy for me, but it is if you're near your computer. The biggest plus for it: You can create loadouts. Very cool. I haven't played with it much, but so far it seems all right.
Reddit link to install and info: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyItemManager/comments/2y0zg7/installation_link_and_general_info/

Do you know of any others?

The chrome extension looks pretty cool even though I can't get it to load yet. I'm looking for an app that will enable me to group weapons by type and easily compare them. This looks like the closest thing yet.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:13 (3355 days ago) @ Kermit

The chrome extension looks pretty cool even though I can't get it to load yet. I'm looking for an app that will enable me to group weapons by type and easily compare them. This looks like the closest thing yet.

You have to be logged in to bungie.net for the chrome app to work. Which is why I can't use it at work, where b.net is blocked.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:22 (3355 days ago) @ Kermit

I've been swapping all of one type of weapon to one character and then comparing them there. Best option I've found so far. Being able to swap easily has allowed me to delete less-than-optimal weapons I was using just for convenience.

Finally!!! (large graphic in post)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:29 (3355 days ago) @ Kermit

I've been wanting a screen shot of my full inventory for a long time!!! The chrome extension is great for just this feature

[image]

by petetheduck, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:42 (3355 days ago) @ unoudid

Looks like someone likes killing Xyor

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 13:54 (3355 days ago) @ unoudid

No Ghorn on all three? Filthy casual. :P

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:09 (3355 days ago) @ bluerunner

Don't make me sad. No Ghorn at all, here. Nor Thunderlord. Nor Truth. In fact, for someone who loves heavies as much as me, I feel almost naked with my lack of high-level weaponry. :(

I know right!!! hahaha

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:12 (3355 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

RNG is the worst.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:13 (3355 days ago) @ bluerunner

The sad part is he had Ghorn on all three, but once the web app came along, he sharded the duplicates.

RNG is the worst.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:22 (3355 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The sad part is he had Thunderlord on all three, but once the web app came along, he sharded the duplicates.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:23 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Don't make me sad. No Ghorn at all, here. Nor Thunderlord. Nor Truth. In fact, for someone who loves heavies as much as me, I feel almost naked with my lack of high-level weaponry. :(

I shudder to think of using a rocket launcher without tracking and proximity detonation. Ugggggghhhh. You must be miserable. Cluster Bombs just don't cut it.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:48 (3355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I shudder to think of using a rocket launcher without tracking and proximity detonation. Ugggggghhhh. You must be miserable. Cluster Bombs just don't cut it.

Radegast's Fury has tracking, and Third Eye means I can use it without losing track of enemies near me, which is pretty nice.

Proximity Detonation would be cool. ;)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:54 (3355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The first 5 or 6 legendary Rocket Launchers I got after TDB launched were all cluster bombs. needless to say, those have all since been sharded.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:56 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Radegast's Fury has tracking, and Third Eye means I can use it without losing track of enemies near me, which is pretty nice.

I'm treating Hunger of Crota as my poor man's Ghallerhorn on the PS4.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 14:57 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The Radegast's Fury on my Hunter has Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (Proximity Detonation), Field Scout, Spray and Play. That thing is fun to use in Crucible. I don't use it in PvE though.

Another 'don't have' :(

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:10 (3355 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:17 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not for you, it wouldn't. I've played with you before.

No one on the other team, or YOUR team is safe, when you have rockets. Even you.

:P

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:30 (3355 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm logged in and it still doesn't work. It just says "loading...". Looks like there's an error in the JavaScript file, but it's minified so I can't find the damn error. gah.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:33 (3355 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Not for you, it wouldn't. I've played with you before.

No one on the other team, or YOUR team is safe, when you have rockets. Even you.

:P

Heh. (This ain't Halo; you're right that I'D not be safe, but my team would. :) )

Sounds like...that's on you, brother?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:38 (3355 days ago) @ BeardFade

I'm logged in and it still doesn't work. It just says "loading...". Looks like there's an error in the JavaScript file, but it's minified so I can't find the damn error. gah.

Worked for me at home, just not at work. Mystified.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 15:50 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

On our last Titanomachy night, about 20 minutes after Nico described your insatiable need for heavy ammo, that overpowered any sense of team-based loyalty or survival instinct, I remember you missing a heavy spawn and being devastated. Like, "I don't want to play anymore" disappointed.

Crime against fun that you don't have any of those.

Sort of, Sort of not.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 16:03 (3355 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I figured it out. I was logged into bungie.net, but my session expired while still on the site, thus I had the persisting state of being logged in. So, when I tried to open DIM, it registered an error, because I wasn't logged in, despite for all appearances sake I was. Makes sense, but also means that the extension needs more useful errors to the user. I have cloned the repo and may actually look into adding some features to it, or at least more helpful errors. See what I have time for.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 16:04 (3355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If I had to choose between tracking and proximity detonation, I'd pick proximity. Truth's tracking is on a whole different level than the normal tracking legendaries get however.

I CAN QUIT ANY TIME

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 16:16 (3354 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I CAN LIVE WITH JUST SPECIALS AND MY PRIMARY

IT'S ALL UNDER CONTROL, I -

ooh, purple!

If mats and marks were per player you'd never need to swap

by scarab @, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 16:24 (3354 days ago) @ petetheduck

they would just be a number saying how much you, the player could spend at this moment in time.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 16:30 (3354 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have a legendary rocket launcher that has tripod and clown cartridge. I can hold 8 rockets total, and the clown cartridge sometimes gives me 4 in the tube. Since that 4th one doesn't count against my reserves, I can get off 10 or even 11 shots sometimes. I actually like using it more than Ghorn in many situations.

This post. This is me.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 18:26 (3354 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I CAN LIVE WITH JUST SPECIALS AND MY PRIMARY

IT'S ALL UNDER CONTROL, I -

ooh, purple!

Though... I have things in all my slots that make things go BOOM! INSANEdrive like BIG! Boom.

It's a requirement.

EXPLOOOOOOOSIONS!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 18:31 (3354 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm on a horse. :D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 18:44 (3354 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Is packmule working for anyone on Xbox?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 19:57 (3354 days ago) @ bluerunner

I tried signing in with my MS account, but it just landed on the Bungie page, and backing into the app or hitting the "X" button just asks me to login again... anyone else?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 21:07 (3354 days ago) @ Kermit

I spent an hour or so of my day making a spreadsheet so I could do that. I kinda hope an easy way to do it is not going to come out in a matter of hours P)

I have a LOT of stuff

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 21:42 (3354 days ago) @ bluerunner

And I'm pretty sure I'm just hanging onto half of it for nostalgia/pack-rat purposes.

[image]

it's incredible how tiny the vault looks in comparison to your character inventories.

This makes me smile

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 22:26 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread