Good news everyone! (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 23:16 (3354 days ago)

Bungie "is actively investigating" reported issues with the vault of glass.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/575812755820670976

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12645

On one hand, Awesome! Finally! Yay!

On the other, This makes me worry about just how long the list of stuff they have to fix is, and how they prioritize that list. I had hoped that this stuff would have been resolved before they even thought about fixing the Crota raid cheeses.

I'm not trying to come off as negative. I'm just not sure which of the above I'm leaning towards...

On the OTHER other hand, if this is any indication that a re-invigorated, High-level VoG might make an appearance soon, all is forgiven.

Good news everyone!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 23:25 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Players can be teleported into Vex Timegates with the detain bubble active."

That's a bug? I thought it was on purpose

I read it in his voice. >_<

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 23:28 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

On the other, This makes me worry about just how long the list of stuff they have to fix is, and how they prioritize that list. I had hoped that this stuff would have been resolved before they even thought about fixing the Crota raid cheeses.

I'm not trying to come off as negative. I'm just not sure which of the above I'm leaning towards...

On the OTHER other hand, if this is any indication that a re-invigorated, High-level VoG might make an appearance soon, all is forgiven.

'BOUT DARN TIME!

Good news everyone!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 00:17 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

Last weekend we had a nice, smooth run of VoG. Then we swapped to our alts and loaded the Atheon checkpoint. Every one of those bugs happened multiple times. We could not finish it because of the bugs. We spent more time on that final checkpoint than we did on the entire raid the first time through. We finally just gave up.

I just wish there was some kind of loot detection added. I've got a ton of Timebreakers and ships but still not one Fatebringer or Mythoclast.

+1000...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 13:41 (3354 days ago) @ bluerunner

Last weekend we had a nice, smooth run of VoG. Then we swapped to our alts and loaded the Atheon checkpoint. Every one of those bugs happened multiple times. We could not finish it because of the bugs. We spent more time on that final checkpoint than we did on the entire raid the first time through. We finally just gave up.

I just wish there was some kind of loot detection added. I've got a ton of Timebreakers and ships but still not one Fatebringer or Mythoclast.

To call it "infuriating" would still be the most massive of understatements. X(

Good first game though! :P

But the bugs are what make hard modes hard!

by Kahzgul, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 14:51 (3354 days ago) @ Mid7night

Seriously, if it wasn't for all of the stupid bugs in both Aetheon and Crota, my fireteam would be a 1-shot win every time, instead of needlessly spending hours upon hours wiping because only one person teleported, or cleanse didn't work, or crota's sword disappeared, or crota teleport-punched our invisible sword bearer or...

That's not a complete list.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 00:33 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

How could they leave off the problem where the gate fails to teleport you sometimes when you pass through?

Oh, those are nice

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 12, 2015, 00:47 (3354 days ago) @ Vortech

I think my most hilarious Destiny moment was because of that glitch.

But yes, kill it with fire, please.

That's seriously a non-issue, though...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 10:01 (3354 days ago) @ Vortech

If you're on the Right side, you turn right when you exit the portal. Super simple stuff.
If you don't get teleported, do a 180, go through the portal, and turn left instead.

Any time this has happened when I was a shield carrier, I've made it back onto the middle platform before my teammates finished killing the last Oracle. You know this can happen at any time, and after all this time you're still not ready for it? For shame, man!

Heck, if anything, I'd call this a feature. Adds tension and a sense of dread any time you approach the portal...

What if you can't tell whether you made it or not?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 12, 2015, 10:17 (3354 days ago) @ Korny

Seriously, it unnecessarily adds tension if your team is not coordinating everything perfectly.

That's seriously a non-issue, though...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 15:34 (3354 days ago) @ Korny

Just because I've learn to acomidate a bug does not mean that it is not a Bug.

Good news everyone!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 02:21 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

• Atheon can teleport the incorrect number of players into the Vex Timegate.

Woohoo! That one's irritating.

• Players can be teleported into Vex Timegates with the detain bubble active.

I think this has only happened to me once, but I've seen it quite a few times. Usually it's not a game-breaker but it doesn't help when timing is already tight.

• Atheon can cause splash damage to players even when they appear to be in the relic bubble.

I'm very thankful to see this one listed. Can't tell you how many times I've been killed because of this.

• Minotaur’s health and shield regenerate after being struck by the relic.

I wonder whether this is actually a bug. It could just be a lag issue, similar to what might happen if you "hit" a shot on your screen but "miss" as far as the game's concerned due to lag. It might just be more noticeable with the relic since it's taking such a large chunk of health? Although I guess there wouldn't be much to investigate if that were the case.

Is it the Dacia Sandero?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 05:40 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'd really appreciate if they fixed the double down perk being busted, but yes, Atheon is stupid bugged. I'd really appreciate it if they got that fixed, too.

"Anyway..."

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 13, 2015, 02:13 (3353 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Good news everyone!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 13:22 (3354 days ago) @ CyberKN

If I had to guess, I'd say Bungie looked at all these issues and said "yes, they're annoying... but they aren't interfering with anyone's ability to complete the raid in a substantial way". Add that to the fact that over 80% of Destiny players have never even played a Raid, and it's easy to see how Bungie could push these fixes down the priority list.

And maybe... just maybe... this is a sign of further investment in the Vault of Glass, as you said. A new "extra hard" mode with the ability to earn top-tier versions of VoG Weapons and Armor? Maybe HoW will give us more than 1 way to hit 34?

a man can dream. a man can dream.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread