Fun Times During Tuesday's Crota Raids (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 02:06 (3357 days ago)

I missed the first run of the night, but was lucky enough to make it in for the 2nd and 3rd runs. After a handful of issues with Twitch, I finally got to start streaming during the bridge section of the 2nd run and, thanks to CruelLEGACEY pointing out that my streams were supposed to be saved, I found the setting to make that happen and actually managed to snag some highlights this time!

First, after I failed miserably at doing the invisible hunter bit with the sword, ProbablyLast came in and quite literally snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Sorry. The maniacal laughter was a lot less creepy when you could hear all 6 of us laughing :p

And for whoever was asking about how quickly we did the third run, the time from when we spawned into our first serious attempt at the abyss to Crota's death was just under 25 minutes. Not bad for just screwin' around :p

Thanks for letting me join in every week. This has been an absolute blast!

-Disciple

Warlocks FTW

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 12, 2015, 02:26 (3357 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Fun Times During Tuesday's Crota Raids

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 03:24 (3357 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I do what I can.

Here it is in first person. One of the most amazing things!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 05:04 (3356 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 05:38

http://xboxclips.com/ProbablyLast/821f25f3-0897-4990-96e8-f87378cdf38c

Never seen any shit like that before, man.

All hail ProbablyLast.

More info:

The third raid speedrun was caused by Chappie(y?) needing to get out by 10 PM or something and us having 40 minutes to do it...then my connection dropped. Due to the DBO Tuesday raid team motto of leaving no man behind, they had to necessarily wait for me for like 12 minutes.

So then we realized we had to really do it fast for Das Chapmann. Hence, we quit bullshitting and ran that raid for srs, which we normally don't do.

Explanations of weirdness for those who weren't there:

Chris dying in the abyss: no clue what that crap was about, but we had to save him.
HigherLifestyle in the bridge section: he was actually AFK, so we 5 manned it until he came back.
Disciple's noscope headshots: aimbot.

The rest of it is pretty straightforward.

You, sir, are a hero and a gentleman

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 12, 2015, 05:28 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 05:29 (3356 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 12:50 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yea i was playing quite sloppy. And getting overrun like whoa, even as a 32... it was embarrassing.

o_O

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 13:00 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

Disciple's noscope headshots: aimbot.

I'm going to have to go back and watch the video again. I remember missing a lot of easy headshots, but I don't remember any intentional no-scopes :p

-Disciple

WOW.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 16:24 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

You sir, are amazing.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, March 12, 2015, 17:17 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

ProbablyLast gets all the wins for the clutch Crota kill from beyond the grave; I'm glad we have video of the Legend. No time limit next Tuesday if we want to try beating 25 minutes, or maybe everyone orders Chinese food at the start of the Abyss this time and we try to kill Crota before the first delivery person knocks. :)

Thanks again for the speed run, guys - it was great fun and I made it just in time.

-Chappy

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 17:30 (3356 days ago) @ Chappy

...or maybe everyone orders Chinese food at the start of the Abyss this time and we try to kill Crota before the first delivery person knocks. :)

Great idea, or THE BEST idea?

-Disciple

by petetheduck, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 18:11 (3356 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

...or maybe everyone orders Chinese food at the start of the Abyss this time and we try to kill Crota before the first delivery person knocks. :)

-Disciple

I'm highly tempted to hit up the liquor store for this weekend's Destinying.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 18:17 (3356 days ago) @ petetheduck

-Disciple

I always have a beer or a good glass of whiskey on hand when I'm raiding! wouldn't quite be the same without it...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, March 13, 2015, 01:28 (3356 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I always have a beer or a good glass of whiskey on hand when I'm raiding! wouldn't quite be the same without it...

I typically raid with a buttery nipple cappuccino, but when the goal is getting trashed, Bacardi 151 & NOS is my drink of choice.

I would have thought that the combination of stimulant + depressant would make me a twitchy mess with dulled reflexes, but it seems to do the exact opposite, making me less spastic and more focused. Of course, it's the post-alcohol Disciple making that judgement, so I could very well be a slow-thinking spaz who just thinks he's doing awesome. I believe further experimentation is needed.

-Disciple

Now that just brings a tear to my eye...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 22:02 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 12, 2015, 23:53 (3356 days ago) @ Funkmon

I still don't know what caused that second rocket to kill me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread