Giving the Khvostov the Exotic Treatment (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 19:45 (3327 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 20:01

Numerous forums have suggested giving players a way to make the Khvostov into an exotic weapon (a la Crux to Nechrocasm). I haven't seen any ideas I particularly liked.

But if they gave it the airburst treatment from Matt Damon's AK in Elysium?

[image]

Anybody want some of that? Maybe if it had some sort of exploding-rounds-meet-proximity-detonation?

Yes Please!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 19:47 (3327 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Giving the Khvostov the Exotic Treatment

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 20:05 (3327 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Anybody want some of that? Maybe if it had some sort of exploding-rounds-meet-proximity-detonation?

So you don't even have to aim?

Giving the Khvostov the Exotic Treatment

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 20:10 (3327 days ago) @ RC

Kind of? I've been trying to think of an exact way it could work; the gun is already pretty wide on its bullet spread, so maybe a *minimally* proximity based detonation, where you still need to get really close? Would be tricky to alter the hitboxes for just one gun though.

It would mainly be a balance issue in PvP.

^^^Pipe dream solution!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 20:35 (3327 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 21:14

Kind of? I've been trying to think of an exact way it could work; the gun is already pretty wide on its bullet spread, so maybe a *minimally* proximity based detonation, where you still need to get really close? Would be tricky to alter the hitboxes for just one gun though.

It would mainly be a balance issue in PvP.

While it would doubtless be impossible to implement, the best solution would be for the gun to have a brief "target acquisition" timer where you would have to keep the reticule on your target for a half second or so before the proximity explosions would proc, and losing the target on reticule would reset the acquisition timer.

Other possible solutions:

-Only proc proximity while ADS (if you made the Khvostov look like that AK, this would make sense too).
-Random chance to proximity detonate (%10-%30?) as an ability.

^^^Pipe dream solution!

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 22:24 (3327 days ago) @ iconicbanana

... the best solution would be for the gun to have a brief "target acquisition" timer where you would have to keep the reticule on your target for a half second or so before the proximity explosions would proc, and losing the target on reticule would reset the acquisition timer.

Now it sounds like you're describing a Needler.

(which I totally want in mah Destiny)

^^^Pipe dream solution!le we wait for HoW...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 27, 2015, 03:52 (3327 days ago) @ RC

But which version. My favorite Needler was the completely terrible Halo 1 version that fired the long string of impressive looking needle-y death that your opponent would dodge simply by looking to the left... or breathing... :p

^^^Pipe dream solution!le we wait for HoW...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:42 (3326 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But which version. My favorite Needler was the completely terrible Halo 1 version that fired the long string of impressive looking needle-y death that your opponent would dodge simply by looking to the left... or breathing... :p

Or the Halo 2 version where you could shoot TWICE as many needles, which then you had the ability to dodge twice as many needles by just side stepping.

^^^Pipe dream solution!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:41 (3326 days ago) @ RC

Now it sounds like you're describing a Needler.

(which I totally want in mah Destiny)

I think there definitely could have been more "exotic" exotic weapons in Destiny. Every exotic weapon behaves like the normal weapons in function, except for the Mythoclast. All of the HMGs work like HMGs, all the Hand Cannons work like hand Cannons, etc. It would have been great for exotics that work completely differently and are essentially their own type of weapon. Like a needler for example :-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread