Xur Is Not Real-Time. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 27, 2015, 07:08 (3318 days ago)

He's got Obsidian Mind this week! And the Multi-tool, too.

Not a fan of pictures.

Enjoy!

And Ruin Wings. Get them!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:04 (3318 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Big weekend for the good classes.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 11:50 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I don't think you'll see anyone from the best class crying

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:03 (3318 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Xur has been pretty generous to Hunters already :) Also the Symbiote is still the best helmet for any Gunslinger.

I don't think you'll see anyone from the best class crying

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:10 (3318 days ago) @ Xenos

Xur has been pretty generous to Hunters already :) Also the Symbiote is still the best helmet for any Gunslinger.

Your post title confuses me.

;)

Are you talking about class or subclass?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:20 (3318 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Just being silly mostly

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:26 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

But seriously, beginning to appreciate Destiny's unique classes much like I did Mass Effect's. I.E., rarely played Engineer, but lots of folks loved it, so I'm glad the choice was there.

Mr. T said it best.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:32 (3318 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

But seriously, beginning to appreciate Destiny's unique classes much like I did Mass Effect's. I.E., rarely played Engineer, but lots of folks loved it, so I'm glad the choice was there.

I pity the fools who don't make one of each.

Mr. T said it best.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 13:36 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I pity the fools who don't make one of each.

True. Gotta try them all, at minimum.

i'll get to it... eventually

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:10 (3318 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

I'm supremely glad that I did!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Friday, March 27, 2015, 16:46 (3317 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Not that I'm overly good with Warlocks (both jump options are meh to me) but I'm still glad I made her. You don't really appreciate your primary class until you start frothing at the mouth at how frustrating glide is. ;D

I like both the warlock and gunslinger melee attacks, and the golden gun is a blast. I'm totally digging learning the ins and outs of all my ladies (LADIES) even though I completely favor the Titan. Plus, I no longer growl whenever an engram decrypts into something other than Titan. Best of all? THREE KHVOSTOVS!

Now That I Think About It...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 27, 2015, 12:07 (3318 days ago) @ Morpheus

We don't even need to do this any more, since it shows up right here and on the app.

No more staying up late on Thursdays??

lol

Nah.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Friday, March 27, 2015, 12:52 (3318 days ago) @ Morpheus

We don't even need to do this any more, since it shows up right here and on the app.

lol

I prefer logging onto here than onto the website. I prefer the variety of conversations here, too. And no, before anybody says anything, I have a phone that barely got its GED. It ain't smart in the slightest. Even then, the lag that I see people with smart phones put up with would drive me freaking bonkers. (Says the guy who can't keep his tabs down below ten.)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:38 (3318 days ago) @ Morpheus

lol

That link doesn't work unless I close the Tower page and then re-open it logged in as myself.

I can't see how to open Xur's inventory using the iOS app.

That's because the link is for his own Tower page

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:40 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

Which doesn't work for our characters. Simply opening the Tower tab works, though. Takes forever to load...

Right

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:47 (3318 days ago) @ ZackDark

That's what I was saying.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:54 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

From the menu of the iOS app tap tower map and then tap on xûr.

by Monochron, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:02 (3317 days ago) @ Morpheus

Too bad both Bungie's site and their app are unbelievably slow. Good ole' htlm on DBO to the rescue!

What's better?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:33 (3318 days ago) @ Morpheus

Too many things I want from Xur and not enough coins. If you had to choose, would you get Achlyophage or MIDA?

Achlyophage.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:35 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

I know you love your arcblade but a 4th GG shot is pretty swell.

Achlyophage.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:37 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I definitely would like a 4th GG shot, and I feel like MIDA has more chances to drop randomly than the helmet. It is why I don't have any strange coins. I spent them on helmet engrams hoping to get the ones I don't have and of course failed :)

Been there.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:39 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

I definitely would like a 4th GG shot, and I feel like MIDA has more chances to drop randomly than the helmet. It is why I don't have any strange coins. I spent them on helmet engrams hoping to get the ones I don't have and of course failed :)

Also consider that I've never found much use for the MIDA (I've sharded it a half dozen times now). So grain of salt.

But if I'm gunslinging, the Symbiote is the only exotic I use.

But engrams don't spend Coins...?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:39 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

You've probably spent it all on cool gear, though

You're right.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:42 (3318 days ago) @ ZackDark

AHHHH, you're right! Facepalm. I spent it some where. I'm pretty low on motes of light too, so I definitely did some shopping somewhere.

Droppin' motes on all them fly capes!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:43 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Counterpoint: MIDA

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:17 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

The acylophage is nice if you want a sub-class specific piece of exotic armor; however keep in mind that the Discipline roll on this one (+94) is pretty bad for an exotic (unless you want to turn around and ReXurbish it for a barely-decent +104 and immediately blow an exotic shard).

On the other hand, if you want the most satisfying scout rifle in the game (thunk, thunk, thunk) that can also completely change the way that you run the abyss, then go for the MIDA. As a primary user of the Hunter class, you should be able to appreciate the ridiculous boost to speed while ADS that this guy will give you, not to mention that this is just an all-around solid scout rifle. It doesn't have anything fancy like explosive rounds, but it's still 331 damage, with potent target acquisition and it's honestly the best sounding gun in the game for my ears. It just feels so good in my hands (TWSS).

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:20 (3318 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Thanks for that. Robot Chickens and Up North have both exclaimed how great it's been for the abyss.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:51 (3318 days ago) @ JDQuackers

It is also very effective at stunning enemies. knights, captains, minotaurs, cabal; they all stagger at my stapler-rifle.

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:31 (3317 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I have two 32 hunters That both use symbiote 90% of the time. If you play PvP, it is fantastic. For pve it is nice, but not game changing. Mida can be game hanging for all your classes. Probably comes down to... if your main is a hunter, buy the symbiote. If not, mida.

What's better?

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:22 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

Definitely the mida dude. The achylophage at that roll is a let down. Mida on the other hand makes the abyss feel like cheating. Once chickens and I figured that out our solo runs were a cake walk. Plus you have been jonesing for one a long while. If you need coins and haven't run the weeklies I'll be more than happy to do them tonight or tomorrow.

This would be the best solution.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:27 (3318 days ago) @ Up North 65

If you need coins and haven't run the weeklies I'll be more than happy to do them tonight or tomorrow.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:29 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

For sure, I still got all three weeklies to run.

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:40 (3318 days ago) @ BeardFade

HuZza we fixed the problem. Now you can run mida while rocking the achylophage!!!! Probably after tonight's raid as I'll be pushing the start time again this week

pushing time too

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 15:41 (3318 days ago) @ Up North 65

Me too, 6pm is basically when I get home and Mrs. BeardFade prefers when I at least spend some time with her/cooking dinner when we get home :).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread