Think they'll leave this in? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:35 (3310 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJRml6SaP8s

No chance.

(10K per 5 min, and engrams for days).

Why should they?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:40 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I had made a large FPS with lots of different activities and great controls you can bet I'd take something like that out. In all your game theories when does standing in one spot and pulling a trigger with no challenge or strategy or story become something good or desirable?

Why should they?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:46 (3310 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If I had made a large FPS with lots of different activities and great controls you can bet I'd take something like that out. In all your game theories when does standing in one spot and pulling a trigger with no challenge or strategy or story become something good or desirable?

Because let's be honest, doing that for 10 minutes to max out your glimmer is preferable to getting glimmer slowly any other way. It'd rather do that before Iron banner than play strikes and shit.

There really is no fun way to earn significant amounts of glimmer in Destiny. That is the biggest problem.

Why should they?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:55 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because let's be honest, doing that for 10 minutes to max out your glimmer is preferable to getting glimmer slowly any other way. It'd rather do that before Iron banner than play strikes and shit.

There really is no fun way to earn significant amounts of glimmer in Destiny.

There once was- At launch, virtually every acolyte in the Heroic version of "The Shrine of Oryx" was a major. I would queue up a black wax idol, play through the mission, and come out about 2000 glimmer richer. Sardok would usually drop another black wax idol, so I'd then do it again. It wasn't PERFECT, but it was way more fun then exclusion zone.

Guess what? Bungie patched it. Apparently all the Heroic acolytes made the mission "Too Hard".

I think you should totally schedule a 6-man glimmer farming expedition in the Fireteam builder next time iron banner rolls around.

Why should they?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:20 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:23

I wouldn't stand in one spot and pull the trigger even if you were actually paying me to do it. And no, to me it is in no way preferable to playing the actual game. Maybe to you it is... but as usual you don't represent everyone.

There really is no fun way to earn significant amounts of glimmer in Destiny. That is the biggest problem.

Strange, your statement doesn't fit with my maxed out glimmer account. Know how I got so much? I can't exactly tell you! I just played the game doing the things I wanted to at the time. None of which included standing in one spot pulling the trigger.

If you actually wanted to be honest you'd realize that not everybody puts earning glimmer (or any other currency) as their top priority. Some of us still play because we find the game fun.

Why should they?

by Avateur @, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 05:46 (3309 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I wouldn't stand in one spot and pull the trigger even if you were actually paying me to do it. And no, to me it is in no way preferable to playing the actual game. Maybe to you it is... but as usual you don't represent everyone.

You hate Cody. It's super adorable. I get it. You're also ironically being just like him in the opposite extreme. He doesn't represent everyone. You don't either. Same with me. Having a quick glimmer farm for those like Cody is awesome, whether you'd use it or not. There's a reason that loot cave resonated before. This is even neater. But yeah, Bungie's gonna patch it.

Strange, your statement doesn't fit with my maxed out glimmer account. Know how I got so much? I can't exactly tell you! I just played the game doing the things I wanted to at the time. None of which included standing in one spot pulling the trigger.

Cool. I bet I've played more than you and upgraded more things than you, and constantly re-maxing glimmer can be a real bitch.

If you actually wanted to be honest you'd realize that not everybody puts earning glimmer (or any other currency) as their top priority. Some of us still play because we find the game fun.

Agreed. It's sure not my top priority. I still play because I find the game fun. Getting a lot of glimmer, especially when trying to get a lot in a hurry, is a total pain in the ass regardless. I'm quite thankful for these trigger mashing glimmer things that people find, and I look forward to using them while I can. Stop being the Cody Cop and go play Destiny. It's way more fun.

Why should they?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 11:13 (3309 days ago) @ Avateur

You hate Cody. It's super adorable. I get it. You're also ironically being just like him in the opposite extreme. He doesn't represent everyone. You don't either. Same with me. Having a quick glimmer farm for those like Cody is awesome, whether you'd use it or not. There's a reason that loot cave resonated before. This is even neater. But yeah, Bungie's gonna patch it.

Excuse me. I twice made it clear I was talking about myself. Cody didn't. I find myself shaking my head at your false equivalence.

Beyond that, sure, I've been in situations where I needed glimmer quickly. Two iron banners ago I wanted a second scout rifle and was ~1000 glimmer short. I ran the little loop up the cliffs at the entrance to the Cindars on Venus for exactly 15 minutes (I set myself a timer!). But, I wasn't thrilled to do so even though it was less pure grindy that the (awesome looking) stand in one spot murder fest shown here.

Ideally, Bungie would institute a class of missions with a glimmer multiplier or some such thing. Something that encourages players to play while still granting that quick surge of Glimmer that is sometimes needed. First off, I'd like to see the Iron Banner itself be sorta self funding instead of a huge glimmer drain it is now. And for non-PVP maybe some missions where you raid an enemy glimmer mining operation or fight your way to a crashed enemy glimmer hauler. It just seems like there should be solutions that fit in with Destiny instead of players having to "break the game" (please note the quotes :) ) to do it themselves...

Why should they?

by Avateur @, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 20:27 (3309 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Excuse me. I twice made it clear I was talking about myself. Cody didn't. I find myself shaking my head at your false equivalence.

Beyond that, sure, I've been in situations where I needed glimmer quickly. Two iron banners ago I wanted a second scout rifle and was ~1000 glimmer short. I ran the little loop up the cliffs at the entrance to the Cindars on Venus for exactly 15 minutes (I set myself a timer!). But, I wasn't thrilled to do so even though it was less pure grindy that the (awesome looking) stand in one spot murder fest shown here.

Ideally, Bungie would institute a class of missions with a glimmer multiplier or some such thing. Something that encourages players to play while still granting that quick surge of Glimmer that is sometimes needed. First off, I'd like to see the Iron Banner itself be sorta self funding instead of a huge glimmer drain it is now. And for non-PVP maybe some missions where you raid an enemy glimmer mining operation or fight your way to a crashed enemy glimmer hauler. It just seems like there should be solutions that fit in with Destiny instead of players having to "break the game" (please note the quotes :) ) to do it themselves...

I love all of those ideas. I wish Crucible in general paid out more. You could play it all day and still not get where or what you need as far as glimmer goes. Hopefully Bungie does add glimmer missions or provide higher payouts in the near future.

Why should they?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:44 (3308 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by General Vagueness, Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:48

Yeah, except that it was relatively clear he meant "this is how it is to me and people who think like me [who are correct]", and except for where you said they should patch it, which would mean taking away the ability to do this, which means you think Cody's way to play is less valid than yours-- a neat parallel to him thinking your reasons to play are less understandable.
Personally the last time I didn't have enough glimmer for something was months ago, because weapon and armor upgrades are cheap and most of the stuff I actually buy uses rarer currencies. I have dozens of glimmer increase consumables because I only use them when my glimmer count gets down to a few thousand. When I do want more glimmer-- just in case-- I run strikes and use some of those glimmer increasers.
As to the question, I don't think they're going to change this. The Ishtar Commons is a farm, and when the enemies move against each other it's time to break out the combine, that's how it's been since the beginning. (I've lost hours to that area-- not because I was farming, but because I have a bit of a problem with leaving enemies alive, and when you go there it's rare to not have any in sight or on your motion tracker.)

Yes.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:40 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can only get this state during the "Enemy is moving against each other" events, which occur only once every half-hour or so.

I remember seeing a video of someone doing this back in September.

Think they'll leave this in?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:16 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not sure how they could patch that--they'd have to completely change the mechanics of the "enemy moves upon itself" random event (which is not very common as it is). This isn't anything new, though. The obsidian mind/bad juju combo was nicely demonstrated using this event on Earth in the monster closet where most of the hive spawn using the same idea.

Think they'll leave this in?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:21 (3310 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'd think they could just put one of those darkness walls in place that prevent the player from entering or shooting in to the closet?

Yes

by petetheduck, Friday, March 27, 2015, 18:26 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the Loot Cave was removed due to huge player adoption and widespread bad press, making the game seem like a joke.

I only see this being patched if the same thing happens, which I doubt, as other loot caves have not gotten the same attention as the original.

I'd compare it to fixing the Templar cheese but not the Oracle cheese.

Yes

by Avateur @, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 05:49 (3309 days ago) @ petetheduck

I hope so. Exclusion Zone is no fun, and replaying a lot of the missions isn't that fun anymore. I wish Crucible would pay out more than it does, but hey.

I do this in cosmodrome sometimes.

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 27, 2015, 20:10 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Fun. Too rare to make me ever want to really aim for it. I don't need glimmer that bad. Nobody does. The cap is there to keep this from being exploitative, so I don't see why they would get rid of a glimmer farm.

Dat non-ending Super

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 27, 2015, 20:50 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Showstopper + Encore = Stabby-stabby-for-days

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 20:52 (3310 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Showstopper + Encore = Stabby-stabby-for-days

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 27, 2015, 21:08 (3310 days ago) @ iconicbanana

throw in mask of the third man for good measure

It's the bomb in PvP, too!

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 27, 2015, 21:12 (3310 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Never works for me

by Durandal, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 12:05 (3309 days ago) @ ZackDark

After for showstopper attacks my super always locks, I can't do more pulses or regular stabs even if I have half a bar of super left.

Never works for me

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 19:21 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

That can happen, but only when the bar gets VERY close to empty. There seems to be a certain point of overlap right near the end where your super has deactivated, but it's still possible for the recharge effect to hit. If that happens, the bar goes back up a bit and you stay in third person with your arc blade drawn, but you can't actually attack with it.

Not to minimize your frustration - I have this happen a lot and it's super (lol) annoying. I just wanted to clarify that it doesn't happen at random - there's a specific (hopefully fixable) cause.

Yeah, and Bladedancer isn't broken… sure. :-\

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 18:21 (3309 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Yeah, and Bladedancer isn't broken… sure. :-\

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 20:15 (3309 days ago) @ Beorn

It might be... but not from this. You could probably get similar results from Fist of Havoc + Aftermath or Nova Bomb + Vortex + that Voidwalker helmet.

Nah

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 20:45 (3309 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It might be... but not from this. You could probably get similar results from Fist of Havoc + Aftermath or Nova Bomb + Vortex + that Voidwalker helmet.

Aftermath/Vortex don't do nearly enough damage and enemies tend to move out of those effects very quickly. Obsidian Mind can definitely generate a full super, but not with that few enemies (it needs 8-9 at once for a full refresh, iirc).

Yeah, it can

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 29, 2015, 00:29 (3309 days ago) @ Beorn

There were definitely enough enemies there to recharge Nova Bomb. You only need 8-9 Thralls to get it back to 100% and I think the enemies there give more Super energy than Thralls (I might be wrong)

Don't think so

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, March 29, 2015, 14:37 (3308 days ago) @ ZackDark

There were definitely enough enemies there to recharge Nova Bomb. You only need 8-9 Thralls to get it back to 100% and I think the enemies there give more Super energy than Thralls (I might be wrong)

Nope. I thought so at first, too, but killing three Majors seems to have the same effect as killing 3 thralls (except for the Orbs of Light, of course).

It's close if you use annihilate.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 30, 2015, 12:36 (3307 days ago) @ Beorn

You don't get it with the initial blast, but with the annihilate post-blast kills, you can still throw a new nova bomb before the old one dissipates. Helps to have bad juju:

Crikey!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 30, 2015, 12:54 (3307 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Ok, Obsidian Mind is broken, too. :)

Define "crikey".

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 30, 2015, 12:58 (3307 days ago) @ Beorn

All I can think of whenever someone says crikey.

Think: "Crocodile Hunter"

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:17 (3307 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I try not to. It still hurts :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:23 (3307 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

As Q once said:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:56 (3307 days ago) @ iconicbanana

"Kinda gets you right there, doesn't it?"

I'm more amazed at how rarely he hit the wall/friendlies

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:29 (3307 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Mad jelly here.

Btw, take that, non-Vortex-using Voidwalkers!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread