Ok lets look at numbers (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 30, 2015, 06:55 (3308 days ago)

Stats Courtesy of DestinyStatus.com

My PvE Kills by weapon:

Hand Cannon - 41.28%
Fusion Rifle - 13.43%
Auto Rifle - 13.15%
Scout Rifle - 11.89%
Pulse Rifle - 7.12%
Sniper - 4.46%
Rockets - 4.27%
Machine Gun - 2.42%
Shotgun - 1.97%

My PvP kills by weapon:

Hand Cannon - 22.53%
Fusion Rifle - 20.90%
Machine Gun - 16.16%
Auto Rifle - 12.91%
Pulse Rifle - 9.23%
Shotgun - 8.07%
Rocket Launcher - 7.49%
Sniper - 1.70%
Scout Rifle - 1.01%

So what does it mean? Well, I'd say generally it confirms that PvE is largely low level mobs with a few tough enemies thrown in which are easily taken care of by primary weapons. Special weapons are more often used in PvP. Heavy weapons play a much much larger role in overall kills in PvP, about a quarter of all my kills in PvP versus only 6.5% in PvE. So control that heavy ammo!

Personally it says I am a fusion rifle guy in both PvE and crucible (I am sure the mythoclast makes up a lot of the kills in PvE), I love hand cannons, and I get lots of kills with HMGs in the crucible.

Scout Rifles are more effective for me in PvE.

I am actually surprised that primary weapon kills make up the huge majority of PvE kills - about 73%. I guess Destiny is mostly about shooting weak dudes.

Now how boring was this?

Ok lets look at numbers

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:36 (3308 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's a shame there not a graph of kill types over time. It would be fun to look at stats like this and see how they change based on weapon balance updates. I guess if we were dedicated we could do it ourselves... but I'm not... Oh well. (Sheesh, watch me do it between now and House of Wolves...)

The only thing interesting I noticed from my own stats (at a quick glance) is just how much I favored Pulse Rifles. In PvE and PvP I used them around 2x more than any other weapon type. Almost 3x in PvP. I knew it would be more but I didn't expect it to be that big for some reason... But then again, I like Pulse Rifles before they were cool and was talking up Fair and Square, and Three Little Words long before Bungie gifted me (or really, al yous guys since I was already happy) with that 9.7% damage increase.

Dat Pulse Rifle buff

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:25 (3308 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Not even the mighty MIDA could keep me away from my Bad Juju in the Crucible, let alone PvE. And let me tell you, I absolutely adore MIDA.

Ok lets look at numbers

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:28 (3308 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Here's my breakdown for my Main Warlock and Alt Hunter. I left out my Second Warlock since I don't run it in crucible.

PvE Kills by Weapon
Scout Rifle 20.61%
Hand Cannon 13.33%
Auto Rifle 13.13%
Pulse Rifle 8.23%
Sniper 7.72%
Fusion Rifle 7.14%
Rocket Launcher 3.49%
Machine Gun 2.92%
Shotgun 2.08%

PvP Kills by Weapon
Sniper 16.84%
Auto Rifle 15.13%
Machine Gun 13.66%
Fusion Rifle 7.05%
Rocket Launcher 5.47%
Hand Cannon 4.94%
Pulse Rifle 2.14%
Shotgun 1.73%
Scout Rifle 0.92%

It's interesting to see the breakdown between PvE and PvP. I knew I favored the Scout Rifle / Sniper Combo for PvE but I didn't realize that I had more kills with a Sniper in PvP than any other weapon. The spread on kills by weapons is pretty neat to see.

Ok lets look at numbers

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:50 (3308 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Stats Courtesy of DestinyStatus.com

My PvE Kills by weapon:

Hand Cannon - 41.28%
Fusion Rifle - 13.43%
Auto Rifle - 13.15%
Scout Rifle - 11.89%
Pulse Rifle - 7.12%
Sniper - 4.46%
Rockets - 4.27%
Machine Gun - 2.42%
Shotgun - 1.97%

My PvP kills by weapon:

Hand Cannon - 22.53%
Fusion Rifle - 20.90%
Machine Gun - 16.16%
Auto Rifle - 12.91%
Pulse Rifle - 9.23%
Shotgun - 8.07%
Rocket Launcher - 7.49%
Sniper - 1.70%
Scout Rifle - 1.01%

So what does it mean? Well, I'd say generally it confirms that PvE is largely low level mobs with a few tough enemies thrown in which are easily taken care of by primary weapons. Special weapons are more often used in PvP. Heavy weapons play a much much larger role in overall kills in PvP, about a quarter of all my kills in PvP versus only 6.5% in PvE. So control that heavy ammo!

Personally it says I am a fusion rifle guy in both PvE and crucible (I am sure the mythoclast makes up a lot of the kills in PvE), I love hand cannons, and I get lots of kills with HMGs in the crucible.

Scout Rifles are more effective for me in PvE.

I am actually surprised that primary weapon kills make up the huge majority of PvE kills - about 73%. I guess Destiny is mostly about shooting weak dudes.

Now how boring was this?

I don't know, kind of boring, what's your point?

Ok lets look at numbers

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:31 (3307 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I started doing some of the math to figure out my percentages, but soon realized all this confirmed for me were things I already knew: that I have a preference for certain weapon types. While I can't think of a way to tabulate this, I think a more interesting set of statistics would be those that indicated how effective you were with a weapon for the duration you wielded it.

For example, I have all of 71 pulse rifle kills in the crucible, all of them on my hunter, and almost all of them were in the last Iron Banner trying to use Red Death or Bad Juju after the buff. If somehow I could see how effectively I used that weapon compared to one of a different type during the matches I used them, that might actually begin to influence my decisions regarding loadouts.

As of now, I only have anecdotal/empirical data to make those decisions and thus choose weapons based on what I find to be comfortable/feels good which creates a virtuous cycle of confirming my own preferences.

I have no clue how you would do this, though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread