Flawless Raider split screen video - Work in progress (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 12:14 (3331 days ago)

I've got a rough cut of the split screen flawless Crota video that I've been working on. I'm still working on the maps, so they're not in yet, and the background video is out of sync with the foreground video in a couple places. But it's about 95% done. This is likely the video we'll be following when we sit down to record commentary. I'm thinking I might release a version like this (pure gameplay, no maps or commentary) along side the main version.
What do you all think?

Flawless Raider split screen video - Work in progress

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 12:51 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I like it a lot! I was only going to watch thru the abyss, but... oops. I watched the whole thing. =)

I really like the shifting perspective. Makes me regret not using the built-in PS4 footage saver to help with that. Next time!

Everyone had some good moments in the abyss.
DogCow's bubble up the hill in the abyss was interesting to see.
Cruel makes the bridge look easy, per usual.
Cody's near-death was fun to see just before the singer. :D
Ashes, I really like your hip fired Gjallerhorn shots after the singer.

Did we get a screen capture of the score screen on that one? Would be fun to see, but certainly not required.

Thanks for putting this together!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 14:03 (3331 days ago) @ slycrel

Everyone had some good moments in the abyss.
DogCow's bubble up the hill in the abyss was interesting to see.

I made a specific point of highlighting that moment. It's a great move.

Cruel makes the bridge look easy, per usual.

I have my moments :) If you watch my perspective just after I get across, you'll see me open the menu to pop a heavy ammo synth, then have a heart attack as I leave the menu to see a boomer knight about 15 feet away, charging straight at me O_o

If I had noticed that while we were playing, it would have given me a 2nd heart attack. Can't believe how close that was!

Ashes, I really like your hip fired Gjallerhorn shots after the singer.

I thought that was a great move too. Such tight quarters there, zooming in can be risky.

Did we get a screen capture of the score screen on that one? Would be fun to see, but certainly not required.

Yep! Got our post-game stats saved and ready to add in. They're at the end of this video, too.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 15:08 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

If I had noticed that while we were playing, it would have given me a 2nd heart attack. Can't believe how close that was!

Why do you think I said nothing? :-p

IIRC you did say something...

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 15:15 (3331 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...and were just about hyperventilating. =)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:26 (3331 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why do you think I said nothing? :-p

Lol. I should've known... the last time you went that quiet was this moment during our first Flawless Run ;p

Audio levels also need evening out... I'll fix that too.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 13:41 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I have notes! (Don't I always?)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 20:25 (3330 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Suggestions are how I show I care.

I started getting distracted by the video copied as a background. If you think it works better than black slug then maybe a Gaussian blur over it with a white tint?

Did you label all of the feeds at te beginning and I missed it? Might be interesting to know who's who as an introduction at the beginning. CHEER FOR YOUR FAVORITE (your favorite should be the unlabeled golden guy in the background a lot)

Much respect for compositing the names seperate from each clip. I know how much work that added to each "cut".

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 01:32 (3330 days ago) @ Vortech

Suggestions are how I show I care.

I started getting distracted by the video copied as a background. If you think it works better than black slug then maybe a Gaussian blur over it with a white tint?

Right now there's a Gaussian blur with a dark tint... maybe it needs to be darker and blurrier?

Did you label all of the feeds at te beginning and I missed it? Might be interesting to know who's who as an introduction at the beginning.

My plan was to do that through the commentary. I decided not to label the small screens on the right because a) they constantly shuffle around, and b) in order for the text to be readable, it would need to be so big that it would cover a large portion of the tiny screens. In the end, I decided to keep as little text on the screen as possible. It's a bit of a sacrifice, but I think it works out best this way.

Much respect for compositing the names seperate from each clip. I know how much work that added to each "cut".

Thanks!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 20:24 (3329 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yes blurrier. Maybe darker? Antitheticly I feel like lighter would be less of a distraction but I also think I may be totally wrong about that.

I totally agree about not labeling the small windows all the way through. If it can be set up with narration that might work but I know a lot of people (including me) watch these videos in public or at work where audio is not on (plus accessibility benefits) do I still like the idea of an initial labeling.

Here is a cool idea I would never suggest given how much work it would be even if the commenters were the same as the video source which iirc they are not: if the window could glow as the commentary came from that player.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread