Valus Ta’Aurc is getting nerfed. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:16 (3323 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:21

...among other changes to strikes, in the BWU:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12738

Disappointed that there's no mention of changes in the Undying Mind strike. Guess I'll still be heading to orbit whenever that one comes up in rotation.

There's also a stealth announcement for the date of 1.1.2 if you pay attention.

Undying Mind

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:21 (3323 days ago) @ CyberKN

I remember seeing the stats, and Undying mind is by far the least finished strike. People quit it like crazy. It takes the longest. I didn't see any mention of changes to it.

Why?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:32 (3323 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like that strike.

The boss fight is a little boring but at least this one moves compared to the nexus.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the section where you begin to ascend the stairs.

That hallway is FILLED with yellow bar Vex. You should be able to earn the CRAP outta some glimmer or axiomatic beads or polyphages, but none of those enemies drop anything.

It's dumb that they set it that way.

You just answered your own question.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:34 (3323 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Why?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:47 (3323 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by Korny, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:57

I like that strike.

The boss fight is a little boring but at least this one moves compared to the nexus.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the section where you begin to ascend the stairs.

That hallway is FILLED with yellow bar Vex. You should be able to earn the CRAP outta some glimmer or axiomatic beads or polyphages, but none of those enemies drop anything.

It's dumb that they set it that way.

That Hallway is a blast, because you generate insane amounts of orbs... And all of the yellow Vex during the boss fight (and there are many) generate glimmer. That strike gives you tons of glimmer and Engrams, and the boss fight is actually interesting in that he moves around while mobs spawn intermittently...

People are stupid for quitting it just because one area doesn't drown you with glimmer. (Heck, if it did, they'd quit right after that part was over.)

I love that one. *NM*

by Miguel Chavez, Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:37 (3322 days ago) @ Korny

Undying Mind is tops! ;;thumbs up;;

Undying Mind

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, April 03, 2015, 00:46 (3323 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the undying mind is okay, but not great. It's paced differently than the other strikes, and you need to approach it differently. I agree with Korny, the hallway with all the yellow guys can be really fun if you're playing with decent people. It's made for orb chaining, and isn't all that hard if people do that.

I already don't see it very often, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Funny to me that valuus is getting nerfed. That one si longer, but generally fairly easy. He does have too much health, that's probably a good change, especially on the harder difficulties.

Valus Ta’Aurc is getting nerfed?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:38 (3323 days ago) @ CyberKN

Say whaaaa? I must be in the minority here, because I find him pretty easy. Worse is that he's kinda bland. Maybe that's why some folks don't finish him.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:55 (3323 days ago) @ red robber

I agree that he's not hard, but boy is he boring as hell.

He moves just enough to take a lot longer to kill him than Sekrion, but still far too little to be anything but a drag. The complete lack of cover between the two covered sections almost forces you to camp, as well.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 23:40 (3323 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yup. I wish they had nerfed Omnigul too. Without a burn that fight sometimes takes as long as the rest of the strike. I like the rest of the strike, but that end fight drags on and on sometimes.

Heh, about that Omnigul...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 03, 2015, 01:43 (3323 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just ran it with JDQuackers on Roc playlist and we had a blast chaining Ward of Dawns and Nova Bombs on the landing she usually camps. Saint-14 is a must, though.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 06, 2015, 23:42 (3319 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yup. I wish they had nerfed Omnigul too. Without a burn that fight sometimes takes as long as the rest of the strike. I like the rest of the strike, but that end fight drags on and on sometimes.

People do that wrong just like they do Phogoth wrong.

1. Kill all the ads
2. Go in, stun Omnigul with a grenade or Abyss Defiant
3. Lay into her
4. When ads reappear, go back, and kill ads
5. Repeat

Even with no burn, if you go through that 4 or 5 times you should have her.

Similarly for Phogoth, especially on nightfalls, you should skip the shrieker room entirely. Go out, kill all the ads. Lay into Phogoth, and if a burn is on, he'll easily die before a ship arrives.

Valus Ta’Aurc is getting nerfed.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 21:38 (3323 days ago) @ CyberKN

...among other changes to strikes, in the BWU:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12738

Disappointed that there's no mention of changes in the Undying Mind strike. Guess I'll still be heading to orbit whenever that one comes up in rotation.

I'm not disappointed as I just had to google what the hell Undying Mind even was. :P

Woo! They brought back the ban-hammer!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 22:22 (3323 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

trials of osiris?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 22:39 (3323 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Keep dreaming :/

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 22:44 (3323 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Keep dreaming :/

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 22:51 (3323 days ago) @ iconicbanana

"This month, there will come a day when we’ll reveal a release date for the trials that await you, with a whole reef of details soon to follow – but it is not this day."

Lies!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 23:02 (3323 days ago) @ unoudid

"This month, there will come a day when we’ll reveal a release date for the trials that await you, with a whole reef of details soon to follow – but it is not this day."

My money is on June.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread