Words (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, April 03, 2015, 05:05 (3329 days ago)

So, who all got a word of Crota tonight?

Me, cruel, the lfg kid, ???

Words

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 03, 2015, 05:32 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

So, who all got a word of Crota tonight?

Me, cruel, the lfg kid, ???

My drop was Word and Crux.

No Hawkmoon.

Words

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, April 03, 2015, 05:47 (3329 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Vortech and I got shards. I also got a helmet, which was... shards. =)

Words

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, April 03, 2015, 21:29 (3329 days ago) @ slycrel

Turns out I also got gloves. So shards.

Words

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 03, 2015, 09:02 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

the lfg kid, ???

I was too into The Order 1886 to notice that you guys had sent me invites (Notifications go to my phone instead of the screen). Sorry! Hope the LFG guy was helpful.

Words

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, April 03, 2015, 21:31 (3329 days ago) @ Korny

He was not bad. I didn't want to add to my friends list but he was way better than the age suggested by his voice made me expect. 4/5 would LFG again.

Words

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, April 03, 2015, 22:00 (3329 days ago) @ Vortech

He was not bad. I didn't want to add to my friends list but he was way better than the age suggested by his voice made me expect. 4/5 would LFG again.

You know, I've been pretty pleased with how well the DBO crew treats kids when they end up with in an LFG. I've been in LFG groups that were not very kind to kids, critically asking them how old they are, kicking them out of the party when they make minor mistakes, etc. I see none of that w/ DBO. Good job treating the kid like a real person guys. I'm happy y'all are decent folk and really enjoy running with ya.

Words

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 03, 2015, 22:31 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

You know, I've been pretty pleased with how well the DBO crew treats kids when they end up with in an LFG. I've been in LFG groups that were not very kind to kids, critically asking them how old they are, kicking them out of the party when they make minor mistakes, etc. I see none of that w/ DBO. Good job treating the kid like a real person guys. I'm happy y'all are decent folk and really enjoy running with ya.

Any time that I end up with a kid, I remember the people that I ran Halo 2 with. They were all adults, and I was (slightly more than I am now) a squeaky-voiced kid who loved to run around and taunt people trying to kill me. In retrospect, those folks must have found me super annoying, but they let me tag along and be part of the group anyway. I did my best, and they didn't ask for more.

I also remember Snipe (rest in peace, bro), who was 15 or so when he joined the HBO crowd, and was a pretty alright guy. I never have a problem with kids on my team in any game, even if they suck sometimes (and then there's Lil Blue, who scares me).

I dunno. The world is tough enough for kids without being ostracized by the folks who share the same passion, I think.

+1

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:39 (3329 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Words

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:50 (3329 days ago) @ Korny

I also remember Snipe (rest in peace, bro), who was 15 or so when he joined the HBO crowd, and was a pretty alright guy.

Snipe is forever 15 to me.

I never have a problem with kids on my team in any game, even if they suck sometimes (and then there's Lil Blue, who scares me).

He scares me too.

Words

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 01:01 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

The one thing I felt bad about was taking over the sword for the normal run. I really do want everybody getting a try, but we'd have had no time for a hard mode run after that. I don't know, I felt like a bit of a jerk.

Maybe we can have a "Sword Day" where we have nothing to do except take turns with the sword.

Words

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Saturday, April 04, 2015, 03:40 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The one thing I felt bad about was taking over the sword for the normal run. I really do want everybody getting a try, but we'd have had no time for a hard mode run after that. I don't know, I felt like a bit of a jerk.

Maybe we can have a "Sword Day" where we have nothing to do except take turns with the sword.

I was glad to have someone with some experience to finish it off for us. I wanted us to finish it & get on to the Hard Mode. I'd be happy to give it a try again sometime when we're doing a Normal mode run.

Words

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 23:38 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Now that I've watche the destiny raider videos I'd like to try it sometime to see if I suck less. I've sucess run the sword plenty but I always felt like I stumb through and succeed on level not skill.

Words

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, April 03, 2015, 14:35 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

Sorry that my internet sucked last night during the raid, it's been really inconsistent lately for some reason. I had to restart my modem and router about 5 times before I could rejoin, but after I dropped again I was so frustrated I just went to bed.

Words

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 03, 2015, 14:49 (3329 days ago) @ dogcow

Yep, very happy to get mine. I now have all the Crota weapons, except for the Crux (my Eidolon Ally is upgraded and waiting).
Glad to have an alternative to Atheon's Epilogue for void burns, too.

Could someone remind me: is one of Word of Crota's perks broken?

Words

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 03, 2015, 15:28 (3329 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yep, very happy to get mine. I now have all the Crota weapons, except for the Crux (my Eidolon Ally is upgraded and waiting).

Hive disruptor breaks phantom gift.

Words

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 03, 2015, 16:00 (3329 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hive disruptor breaks phantom gift.

Cool, thanks. It only breaks it against Hive though, right?

Words

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, April 03, 2015, 21:14 (3329 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Anything that procs the hivebreaker perk, so any yellow hive enemies.

Overall, worthy trade, IMO.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 05:40 (3328 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Call me crazy...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 10:24 (3328 days ago) @ dogcow

But I actually like the Word of Crota quite a bit. It doesn't have the godlike perks of Fatebringer, but it feels a tiny bit better to handle.quick and nimble with loads of stopping power. Not sluggish like Timur's Lash or Hawkmoon.

I don't have mine upgraded at all yet, so I switched to Fatebringer during the raid last night. But I did use it while running some ROC strikes and bounties, and it was a lot of fun!

Call me crazy...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 14:00 (3328 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But I actually like the Word of Crota quite a bit. It doesn't have the godlike perks of Fatebringer, but it feels a tiny bit better to handle.quick and nimble with loads of stopping power. Not sluggish like Timur's Lash or Hawkmoon.

I don't have mine upgraded at all yet, so I switched to Fatebringer during the raid last night. But I did use it while running some ROC strikes and bounties, and it was a lot of fun!

Yes it's pretty good with Explosive rounds, but I find it harder to aim with all the hive growth blocking the sights.

Call me crazy...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 16:19 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yes it's pretty good with Explosive rounds, but I find it harder to aim with all the hive growth blocking the sights.

That Crota raid-weapon aesthetic strikes again, lol

Call me crazy...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 23:39 (3328 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was going to say I like it but I have trouble getting head shots with it. Maybe that's why.

Call me crazy...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 06, 2015, 18:08 (3326 days ago) @ Vortech

Possibly. The sights make a difference, too. I don't have one myself but I looked it up and one of the sights is Sureshot IS, which I've always found to be the easiest to land crits with.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread