Completely Flawed Raider *VID* (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 03, 2015, 05:55 (3329 days ago)

Our Crota's End Flawless Raider attempt earlier this week ended up being more difficult than we had planned. We reloaded the raid from scratch 28 times, managing to get out of the Abyss a grand total of five of those. Five. Our greatest foe was the stupid drop into The Abyss; it was a relentless enemy, killing us 17 times! (Be sure to do a double-take of the one at 4:40).

Anyway, here are the un-highlights. Enjoy. ;-)

That is a darn shame, friend.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 03, 2015, 08:57 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn

I missed out on your stream, but thanks for grabbing the highlights. I wouldn't have the heart to sift through all of that...

Those are some great fails; Death 21 in particular had me laughing, out loud!

Maybe you guys should stick to VoG. ;)

Completely Flawed Raider *VID*

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 03, 2015, 12:23 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn

Man. Those holes had it in for you. At least I can see the clear murder from your friend's bubble.

Damn holes

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 03, 2015, 15:13 (3328 days ago) @ Funkmon

Man. Those holes had it in for you. At least I can see the clear murder from your friend's bubble.

Tell me about it. The worst was the one where my sister singed onto Xbox Live and the brightness of the notification blew out the entire lower portion of the screen and I couldn't even see the hole until I was halfway down. :-\

Tip

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 03, 2015, 15:47 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, April 03, 2015, 15:54

Our Crota's End Flawless Raider attempt earlier this week ended up being more difficult than we had planned. We reloaded the raid from scratch 28 times, managing to get out of the Abyss a grand total of five of those. Five. Our greatest foe was the stupid drop into The Abyss; it was a relentless enemy, killing us 17 times! (Be sure to do a double-take of the one at 4:40).

When you land, stay put. Don't move. The majority of the time, when someone dies, it's because they bounce off someone else and either hit too hard or fly off the map. The game isn't going to land you on top of someone's position, so just don't run around until everybody lands.

Also why on earth are you using a scout rifle on the abyss?! Fatebringer, a sniper, and an HMG makes it ezpz :-p. I'm sure once Cruel gets done with the video and we can add commentary we can add tips.

Scout rifle in the abyss

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, April 03, 2015, 16:11 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I used a badger CCL for a while before I got Timur's Lash. As long as the impact is pretty high it's not too bad. As long as your teammates have up close and personal relatively covered you can focus on trimming down the next incoming wave.

Also, a select few scout rifles (fang of ir yut comes to mind) don't suck nearly as bad as you'd think at close range, firing from the hip.

Tap

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 03, 2015, 18:31 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The game isn't going to land you on top of someone's position, so just don't run around until everybody lands.

You would think that might be the case, but it's not. The game definitely dropped us on top of each other more than once. See the very first drop; I don't even have control of my character before breitzen lands on my head and sails into the chasm.

Also why on earth are you using a scout rifle on the abyss?! Fatebringer, a sniper, and an HMG makes it ezpz :-p. I'm sure once Cruel gets done with the video and we can add commentary we can add tips.

Do I look like I don't know what I'm doing? Wait, don't answer that.

1) I was actually checking to see how well Gheleon's Demise + Firefly worked down there.
2) Notice that I switched to Fatebringer later on. This should tell you something. ;-)
3) My secondary is Ice Breaker throughout. Greatest shotgun in The Abyss.

Tap

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, April 03, 2015, 19:06 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn

The game isn't going to land you on top of someone's position, so just don't run around until everybody lands.

You would think that might be the case, but it's not. The game definitely dropped us on top of each other more than once. See the very first drop; I don't even have control of my character before breitzen lands on my head and sails into the chasm.

When the PS4 clan ran Crota Flawless there were quite a few times that people had their falls broken by another guardian. I found that if I tried to soften my landing by hitting jump shortly before I hit that I would actually die MORE OFTEN than if I just left my controller alone.

MIDA

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, April 03, 2015, 19:48 (3328 days ago) @ dogcow

When the PS4 clan ran Crota Flawless there were quite a few times that people had their falls broken by another guardian. I found that if I tried to soften my landing by hitting jump shortly before I hit that I would actually die MORE OFTEN than if I just left my controller alone.

While editing the video, I was wondering if the speed boost on MIDA Multitool caused us to hit the ground with greater force. Next time I'll see if turning it off for the jump makes a difference.

MIDA

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, April 03, 2015, 20:56 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn

I think that makes some sense. I've hardly ever died from the fall before the last week or so and I know the new thing I have in my loadout is MIDA.

MIDA

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:42 (3328 days ago) @ BeardFade

I drop down all the time with MIDA and have never died because of it.

MIDA

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:48 (3327 days ago) @ bluerunner

I drop down all the time with MIDA and have never died because of it.

It could be a combination of factors. For example, if you have your subclass spec'd out for high agility and recovery, but low armor, you might be too weak and too fast to survive the fall. Add Mida on top of that and who knows.

MIDA

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 14:13 (3327 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by bluerunner, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 14:28

I do it with my bladedancer that is speced out on agility and recovery and has low armor. Don't think that's what is causing it. I solo the abyss every week with that setup and have never died when dropping in.

Tested

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 14:05 (3327 days ago) @ Beorn

Took MIDA with +2 and sword breaker with +2, max agility low recovery and armor hunter and didn't die on the way down. I don't know abut when you hit the bottom but my theory is you a traveling down a tube, and either the side walls are kill barriers, I know if i slide into the hole and my momentum carries me far forward I usually die, or they act like bumpers and by hitting them it speeds you up. Chickens and I had a run last week where we both randomly died seconds after jumping down and we couldn't find an explanation. Also if you look up from the bottom sometimes it looks like people are going to land way far off but then they slam into you and shoot you off into the boonies so maybe when you hit the "Darkness Zone" it readjusts your position to be above the plate?

Tested

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 13:01 (3326 days ago) @ Up North 65

When you hit the darkness zone it definitely recalibrates you -- I know it puts your view as straight forward instead of up or down. I suspect it also attempts to put you at a "height" that will almost, but not quite, kill you.

Tested

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 19:42 (3326 days ago) @ slycrel

It warps you when you get your aim reset. If you drop before the others you can see their gamer label fall and then suddenly snap above you.

Tap

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 23:35 (3327 days ago) @ dogcow

Yeah I don't think I ev mentioned it but I was trying to be a cushion for a while there by moving to the center of the landing pad if I was first down. I never decided if it helped or not.

Tap

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 02:09 (3328 days ago) @ Beorn

1) I was actually checking to see how well Gheleon's Demise + Firefly worked down there.
2) Notice that I switched to Fatebringer later on. This should tell you something. ;-)

I actually ran the Abyss with Gheleon's Demise (with Firefly) during our last normal run. I actually liked it quite a bit. The rest of our fireteam was nailing everything at close range, so I was able to focus on the enemies further back than usual. Fatebringer is a far better choice in most cases, but with the right fireteam a scout rifle can actually be very useful.

Tap

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 02:22 (3328 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I actually ran the Abyss with Gheleon's Demise (with Firefly) during our last normal run. I actually liked it quite a bit. The rest of our fireteam was nailing everything at close range, so I was able to focus on the enemies further back than usual. Fatebringer is a far better choice in most cases, but with the right fireteam a scout rifle can actually be very useful.

I actually noticed that you had that when last we played. I have one with a great roll and I STILL can't get it to kill stuff. Don't know how you did it.

Tap

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:50 (3327 days ago) @ Korny

I actually noticed that you had that when last we played. I have one with a great roll and I STILL can't get it to kill stuff. Don't know how you did it.

As I said, it wasn't as effective as fatebringer, but it was great for picking off Thrall in the distance. You guys were doing such a good job dealing with everything up close, I just ignored the enemies that were right on top of me and focused on the path ahead or behind us.

Scout Rifle FTW

by Earendil, Friday, April 03, 2015, 18:55 (3328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I quite enjoy using my Badger CCL down there. It has explosive rounds, Outlaw, and Grenadier. Since I kill way more thrall with my solar grenades (and block their movement) I'd say my Badger is my secondary, and my grenade is my primary :)

Plus I hate having to reload pistols...

Next time

by Durandal, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 11:27 (3327 days ago) @ Earendil

Really guys, next time I'll just solo the light maze for you while you chill out in the circle away from the holes. It's safer for everyone :) Oh, and someone needs to report Crota to OSHA for safety violations due to insufficient lighting, no marking or guard rails near pits and no handicap accessibility.

Scout with Firefly FTW

by yakaman, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 14:35 (3326 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Horse shit. I can fire from the hip at head level and straight destroy 5-8 Thrall in a couple shots. Truly the definition of EZPZ, no?

Scout with Firefly FTW

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 15:39 (3326 days ago) @ yakaman

Horse shit. I can fire from the hip at head level and straight destroy 5-8 Thrall in a couple shots. Truly the definition of EZPZ, no?

I find it a lot easier to headshot at those ranges with fatebringer vs a firefly scout rifle. If you can do it, than it's a great choice.

Completely Flawed Raider *VID*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 04, 2015, 14:04 (3327 days ago) @ Beorn

This is hilarious :)

I say that as someone who feels your collective pain. Flawless Raider can be a brutal thing to accomplish... but that only makes it that much sweeter when you pull it off :)

Good luck on the next run!

Fun with Funkmon [VID]

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 17:21 (3326 days ago) @ Beorn

My favorite part of the attempt was trying not to be distracted by Funkmon's hilariously glitchy character animation.

Sort of reminds me of those old electric football games :p

-Disciple

"A player has left your fireteam"

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 17:23 (3326 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

I cracked up at this when I saw it.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 17:46 (3326 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Watched this part of the run live on Twitch. What I would not have given for voice output.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread