FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU (Off-Topic)

by Raflection, Monday, April 06, 2015, 05:53 (3311 days ago)

GODDAMNIT!!! Just spent a f**king HOUR AND 25 MINUTES on my new level 7 Titan in the sepiks strike with stupid people dropping out just to get to sepiks and start fighting him and then booted from the game WITH A GODDAMN F***ING CATERPILLAR ERROR!!

GET YOUR S#!7 TOGETHER BUNGIE SERVERS!!
And no, my connection is absolutely solid, as is was for the last hour and 25 mins..
Rant over. Sorry guys but seriously, this blows ._.

Chill out. :D

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 06, 2015, 06:46 (3311 days ago) @ Raflection

Skip the strike, go back to it at a higher level. like 9 or 10. It'll be much easier and you could even do it yourself. No need to be upset! :D

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, April 06, 2015, 12:55 (3310 days ago) @ Raflection

Why would it take you 85 minutes to do that strike? I've done Nightfall solo and it's never taken that long.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 06, 2015, 13:20 (3310 days ago) @ Morpheus

Because that Titan is a level 7 and people dropped out.

I agree with Funkmon. Save it. Or, if you don't want to wait, use the fireteam builder.

Seriously, though, Destiny's networking is really good a lot of the time. Ask anyone overseas playing with people in the U.S.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 06, 2015, 13:40 (3310 days ago) @ Kermit

or, bungie could drop this whole "shared world" experiment that requires you to be connected to the server at all times.

I've been playing Borderlands: The Presequel this week, and haven't had any rage-inducing glitches, no disconnects, and there is a story. And if i want to, i can make my game open for randoms or friends to join.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 06, 2015, 14:25 (3310 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I've been playing Borderlands: The Presequel this week, and haven't had any rage-inducing glitches, no disconnects, and there is a story. And if i want to, i can make my game open for randoms or friends to join.

Part of me really wants to pick that game up but I just don't know if I can subject myself to the Borderlands grind again. Is it as funny as Borderlands 2?

I know, I'm posting that on a Destiny forum. But Borderlands' grind is on a whole different level, at least for me.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 06, 2015, 15:08 (3310 days ago) @ stabbim

i've enjoyed it. plus if you've played BL2 on previous gen, then you will get 75 golden keys in the presequel.

I actually enjoy Borderlands' grind more than Destiny, so i'm not sure if I would be a good gauge to go on. I like how the grind it just tied to powering my character up. Once i reach a certain level X,Y,Z weapons/shields/grenades are available to me, and they work as they should. I don't have to simultaneously grind each piece of gear.

Just the DLC "Claptastic Voyage" is longer than Destiny (although the final boss battle is ridiculously long.) It took 1 hr for two people to whittle down the final boss (hopefully 4 people would take 30 mins).

The story itself (full game and DLC) do a pretty good job of leading up to BL2, and also teases at BL3.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:42 (3309 days ago) @ Kermit

That's actually my point--he's 7, not like...3.

The Devil's Lair is a level 8 Strike. That means 80% damage and 80% armor. Slightly more difficult, but still very manageable, alone or not. So unless this is his very very very first time--and not as a Titan, but the very absolute first time picking up Destiny at ALL, it still shouldn't take that long.

Back when I was 14, killing Aksor at the end of Winter's Run was insanely frustrating. To this day, I still hate that strike more than anything. However, it still took less than 45 minutes to clear the boss.

85 minutes on the easiest and lowest level strike in the game?!

I know this is a dick move, but it's too damn sweet not to give you some of your own advice when I was upset:

GIT GUD

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:50 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

The Devil's Lair is a level 8 Strike. That means 80% damage and 80% armor. Slightly more difficult, but still very manageable, alone or not. So unless this is his very very very first time--and not as a Titan, but the very absolute first time picking up Destiny at ALL, it still shouldn't take that long.

Back when I was 14, killing Aksor at the end of Winter's Run was insanely frustrating. To this day, I still hate that strike more than anything. However, it still took less than 45 minutes to clear the boss.

I know this is a dick move, but it's too damn sweet not to give you some of your own advice when I was upset:

GIT GUD

Definitely a dick move. Here, let me suggest something: create a new character, bring it up to level 7. Go into a strike with a 3-person team, have the other two drop out as you get to the tank. Time how long it takes you to take down the tank.

(I'm not asking you to do the whole mission alone - just that one small section. Let me know.)

Getting up to level 7 shouldn't take you more than an hour or two. And it's in the name of science. :)

Absolutely.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:24 (3309 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I love a good challenge, I'll go ahead. I get off work at 11 tonight, and I'm off tomorrow. Create my character this afternoon, level her up tonight and strike tomorrow. Anyone want to volunteer to drop off at the Walker battle?

It'll be difficult, I know that--but it certainly won't take me an hour and a half.

Absolutely.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 19:12 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

Anyone want to volunteer to drop off at the Walker battle?

Sure. I work tomorrow but I'm at home so I can play between 12:00 and 1:00 central. Otherwise, any time after 5:00.

Potential problem: matchmaking might bring others in after your original teammates drop. I suppose we could just stop playing rather than exit the game? That might skew things a bit since the enemies will still be scaled for 3 players.

Absolutely.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 19:19 (3309 days ago) @ stabbim

... since the enemies will still be scaled for 3 players.

That's a thing?

Absolutely.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 19:54 (3309 days ago) @ Kermit

... since the enemies will still be scaled for 3 players.

That's a thing?

Yeah, although one of the patches made it much less of a thing than it used to be.

Absolutely.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:21 (3309 days ago) @ stabbim

Sure. I work tomorrow but I'm at home so I can play between 12:00 and 1:00 central. Otherwise, any time after 5:00.

Potential problem: matchmaking might bring others in after your original teammates drop. I suppose we could just stop playing rather than exit the game? That might skew things a bit since the enemies will still be scaled for 3 players.

Yeah, I thought about that. Usually, though, when people drop out of strikes on me, I don't get a replacement for a while. I dunno. Asking the extra 2 to stick around but not shoot would solve that problem, but the scaling might make it hard to decide how tough the battle would really be.

Then again, the OP had people in the game with him (for some of the time), so maybe that's not an unfair addition to the challenge. ;)

Ok, I Hit Level 7.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 19:00 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, I thought about that. Usually, though, when people drop out of strikes on me, I don't get a replacement for a while. I dunno. Asking the extra 2 to stick around but not shoot would solve that problem, but the scaling might make it hard to decide how tough the battle would really be.

Then again, the OP had people in the game with him (for some of the time), so maybe that's not an unfair addition to the challenge. ;)

If I die, they'd have to wipe, too. Otherwise, that would be unfair. The enemy scale shouldn't be TOO big. I'm pretty confident, though--I just got a rocket launcher, and also unlocked my Super.

I wanted it to be a no-death player, but I messed up twice--one on The Last Array and another during a Public Event.

Interesting Side note: In my last post, I told Kermit Raflection was a 7, not a 3. No kidding, the strike actually unlocked when I hit Level 3.
Yep. Very Hard.

I briefly considered doing it right then and there, but I'm willing to bet the damage would be almost none. I might even would've gotten some question marks. :-)

So yeah, I'm 7 now, and I'll have an event posted in the FTB.

Well, It's Done!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 03:09 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Definitely a dick move. Here, let me suggest something: create a new character, bring it up to level 7. Go into a strike with a 3-person team, have the other two drop out as you get to the tank. Time how long it takes you to take down the tank.

(I'm not asking you to do the whole mission alone - just that one small section. Let me know.)

Getting up to level 7 shouldn't take you more than an hour or two. And it's in the name of science. :)

Well, I took into consideration of whether or not Raflection had fireteam members at any point during the opening 3-phase battle. I didn't know if he had help there or not. To cover all bases, I decided to do the opener by myself as well, while Funk and Last went out to do public events. That one took around 25 minutes. For aural landmarks, I finished exactly 1 minute after the music faded out in the 2nd phase.

Moving on to the Blast--the actual Walker part specified in the challenge. That one DID take a while, especially with the adds shooting and surrounding me quite frequently. I got the Walker's health down to 25% before I got distracted and killed. Starting over, I used my hand cannon, sniper rifle and rocket launcher to properly aim for the legs. For some reason, whenever he got knocked down, he'd IMMEDIATELY jump back up without a chance to shoot at his core. There was a corner I found that got him to stand still for a few minutes, that helped a lot. It did take a while, but I ended up destroying it myself. Took me 54 minutes, including the 1st try.

Since the Walker segment was all that required, I had Funkmon and ProbablyLast come in and take care of Sepiks for me. From the time the Walker fell to the time the mission ended, was about 4 minutes.

And in total...

With solo Mesh Generator, Solo Walker Battle and group Sepiks fight...

1 Hour, 23 minutes.

So it did take longer than normal, and dying at 25% health certainly wasn't good for self-esteem, but it got done.

Well done, guardian!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 03:14 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Oh, by the way...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 03:23 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

83 minutes for the easiest strike in the game.

GIT GUD

;)

*Bows*

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 04:58 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Bonus: now you have a titan!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 05:55 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

Make sure to set up FTB events for VoG normal mode, hard mode, and so on. It's a pretty different experience as a titan.

All I Can Do Is Shudder.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 12:11 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Well, It's Done!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 11:48 (3307 days ago) @ Morpheus

For some reason, whenever he got knocked down, he'd IMMEDIATELY jump back up without a chance to shoot at his core.

I've often wondered what exactly triggers it to get back up. Some people have insisted that it's to do with how much damage it takes, but I don't think so. It seems much more random than that to me. There's times it stays down long enough to fire 2 or 3 mags of my sniper rifle, while other people are also firing at it. Yet other times it gets back up so fast I'd swear no one's even fired yet.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:06 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

GIT GUD

I'll probably only git better, and only a little. :) Did I give you advice back then? I saw a pattern of over-the-top, profane rants over not much and pointed that out is all. Maybe THAT was a dick move.

I didn't do so in this case in part because I hadn't noticed the pattern with Raflection, and Funkmon had covered the "chill out" aspect of what I might say.

Also, while we're here, about profanity, many don't seem to know how to express emotion without working très blue, and I tire of being the guy who rolls his eyes. (There doesn't seem to be such a thing as mild profanity anymore--everything is effing Christ cream-in-my-jeans hyperbole, and it's the only thing about hanging with you kids that makes me feel old.)

I'm no angel on this score myself, but I recognize that this is essentially a public forum full of diverse people. Maybe for a large portion of people here, it's just the way we talk now, but I wouldn't know. I'm old.

It's been said that cursing is a crutch for people who lack vocabulary, but I disagree--it is possible to curse with flair such that a message is enhanced, but that takes a talent I'm not convinced everyone has.

Kermit

P.S. it was really a pleasure to meet you this past weekend. Look forward to playing together soon.

Whoops!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 19:11 (3308 days ago) @ Kermit

No Kerm, that wasn't directed at you! It was meant for Raflection, since it was his post.

See, a long time ago, I was furious about The Last Word, and while I felt at the time that my anger was validated, the thread of (mostly reasonable) discussions about it was skewered by his rude post that didn't help.At all.

When I saw his post about the motion-picture length strike, I immediately thought of that callousness and couldn't help myself in responding like.

Kermit, while your Halo prowess is frankly about average, it's still enhanced by your positive demeanor--you never rage quit or throw up fault like the rest of us. You take punches and deal back, and still manage to bring out the best in us.

Plus, you Ottermack and Speedracer did Crota by yourselves--something even I can't do, and that's damn "gud" right there! :-)

Whoops!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 19:35 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

No Kerm, that wasn't directed at you! It was meant for Raflection, since it was his post.

Oh, okay. I couldn't imagine telling anyone to get good. Part of my confusion might stem from quoting different people in one response?

See, a long time ago, I was furious about The Last Word, and while I felt at the time that my anger was validated, the thread of (mostly reasonable) discussions about it was skewered by his rude post that didn't help.At all.

When I saw his post about the motion-picture length strike, I immediately thought of that callousness and couldn't help myself in responding like.

Kermit, while your Halo prowess is frankly about average, it's still enhanced by your positive demeanor--you never rage quit or throw up fault like the rest of us. You take punches and deal back, and still manage to bring out the best in us.

Plus, you Ottermack and Speedracer did Crota by yourselves--something even I can't do, and that's damn "gud" right there! :-)

Heh, I mainly watched and fired a rocket on cue.

Thanks for the kind words, buddy.

Well played

by Raflection, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:46 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

I also forgot to mention at the time of posting the only weapons I had where the starting ar, a 50 damage pulse rifle, 60 damage ar and 60 damage sr with a 13 mag.

1 20 damage shotgun and a 50 damage sniper with 4 in mag and a 60 damage hmg.

This did take a long time to get to the boss and despite the walker taking insanely long (people dropping out, waiting for ammo to regen) the first encounter with scanning the ¿Bomb? I was partnered with a level 8 and level 6, both had no sense of self preservation so I spent 3/4 of the time of that reviving the other two.

This was frustrating indeed.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread