I am now complete. (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 05:23 (3310 days ago)

It finally happened.

Note: the reason I am not moving throughout the last part of the video is because I was running around my living room hootin and hollering.

:-D

I am now complete.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 05:50 (3310 days ago) @ Speedracer513

What was up with only two people getting teleported?

I am now complete.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 11:02 (3309 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I dunno - that kinda sucked. It took a few seconds to realize it and as soon as I did, I frantically started yelling for help with Oracles in there. Especially because we got Atheon so close to death on the first rotation that we almost had him without the second teleport, and I knew we would have him on one more shot when we came back. That's also why I dropped the bubble and just fired the super at him - I figured it was worth sacrificing Cody to just finish him off with the super! :-)

I am now complete.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 10:39 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Awesome! It's about time you got one. *Ahem* Excuse me. Congratulations! LOL

- CC

I am now complete.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 11:03 (3309 days ago) @ CaneCutter

- CC

Who do you think will have their new toy leveled up first - me and my new Hawkmoon or you and your Mythoclast?

I am now complete.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:22 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- CC

Who do you think will have their new toy leveled up first - me and my new Hawkmoon or you and your Mythoclast?

Given my upcoming schedule, I'm betting on you and your Hawkmoon.

- CC

Wooo! =)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:23 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Not "complete" but highly satisfied

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:32 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by JDQuackers, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:35

My haul from the past few days

Truth (came from a legendary engram received playing the dark within Daily)
Thunderlord (came from a legendary engram in a Roc strike)
Abyss Defiant x 2
Oversoul Edict
Word of Crota
Blackhammer

Raid boots for my Hunter will also let me get to 32 for the first time!

Not "complete" but highly satisfied

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:34 (3309 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Awesome! That's a pretty solid week!

psh who cares

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:43 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

LAN pics, man! Write-ups!

THAT's what I wanna see!

Chop chop!

psh who cares

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:02 (3309 days ago) @ Revenant1988

LAN pics, man! Write-ups!

THAT's what I wanna see!

Chop chop!

Bretizen took most of the pictures, so I either need to get them from him or make sure he's working on a write-up.

Workin on it! :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:22 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Everybody stop saying Mars

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 12:44 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

You are gathering pumace threads in the portal, which you only get on Venus. Ergo, the left side is not Mars. Left / Right or Red / Green only from now on!

Also so…happy…for…you…

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:06 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You are gathering pumace threads in the portal, which you only get on Venus. Ergo, the left side is not Mars. Left / Right or Red / Green only from now on!

Agreed. Hearing people say "Mars" in there has always been a pet peeve of mine.

Also so…happy…for…you…

I loved how feigned the enthusiasm and congratulations coming from you (and Ottermack(?)) sounded. Also, the text message from my wife a minute later from the bedroom saying I woke her up with my yelling. She didn't appreciate the hug I gave her at 1am.

how about left and your other left

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:58 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Mars/Venus is unambiguous. I have had wipes because people called out the wrong left/right.

how about left and your other left

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:03 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

Mars/Venus is unambiguous. I have had wipes because people called out the wrong left/right.

Then just say brown/green or desert/jungle. We must make every effort possible to maintain whatever ounces of lore we can from this game! ;-)

Why do people still call it out?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:08 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Then just say brown/green or desert/jungle. We must make every effort possible to maintain whatever ounces of lore we can from this game! ;-)

I still don't understand why everyone doesn't know where the away team has been sent. Your radar tells you where the away team is.

Yeah, that too.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:14 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:36 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I still don't understand why everyone doesn't know where the away team has been sent. Your radar tells you where the away team is.

Whenever he teleports, I watch the radar, and usually call out which side they went to before even they realize which one it is. That said, no reason that you shouldn't have at least one person on each platform anyway.

But yeah, this late into release, and people still saying "Mars" is stupid. Like, slap-worthy stupid.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:44 (3309 days ago) @ Korny

Whenever he teleports, I watch the radar, and usually call out which side they went to before even they realize which one it is. That said, no reason that you shouldn't have at least one person on each platform anyway.

Right? I still don't get why this isn't more practiced. If you're going to get detained, get detained on the sync plate to save time.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:20 (3309 days ago) @ Korny

But yeah, this late into release, and people still saying "Mars" is stupid. Like, slap-worthy stupid.

Because people are still surprisingly, frustratingly, murderously stupid.

Yes, the radar helps, but if each person stands on opposing sides, and you're in the middle, their arrow will cover up everybody else's, so you still won't really know which side. That's why I call it out.

I still call it out. It's effective communication.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:31 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling it out when you have plenty of other things to watch for on a screen. We still call it out in my normal raid group. I also say all three things "Venus jungle right" and "Mars desert left" just so there's no confusion and any one of those words should trigger the right understanding.

Communication is about effectiveness, not compliance to the lore. In the heat of the moment, I care a lot more about making sure everyone on my team is on the same page than I care about anything else. Perhaps it's my background in playing team sports (have played them my entire life and still do) where it's a requisite that people use verbal communication as part of their communication arsenal.

Calling people stupid for not knowing where the away team is when it takes less than 1 second to tell them is kind of insensitive and selfish. Some might call the lack of using a simple verbal communication strategy stupid.

Just so you know, I'm not calling anyone here stupid. I don't think any of you are. Most of you are better at this game than I am and have spent much more time playing video games than I have. I'm just trying to offer another opinion. I think it might be a bit rash to get angry at other people not being as game-wise as you are, when you have a really simple means of preventing that ignorance.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 18:40 (3308 days ago) @ BeardFade

Calling people stupid for not knowing where the away team is when it takes less than 1 second to tell them is kind of insensitive and selfish. Some might call the lack of using a simple verbal communication strategy stupid.

Just so you know, I'm not calling anyone here stupid. I don't think any of you are. Most of you are better at this game than I am and have spent much more time playing video games than I have. I'm just trying to offer another opinion. I think it might be a bit rash to get angry at other people not being as game-wise as you are, when you have a really simple means of preventing that ignorance.

True, and I guess it's mean. But what's the first word that comes to your head when your away team perfectly destroys the oracles and Precursors, and nails that miracle extra time of Vengeance, ONLY to find out the gate's closed because the home team are ALL on the wrong side!?

Or when you're standing on the CORRECT plate and you find yourself overwhelmed by Supplicants because they're opening the OTHER one for some reason?!

Or the one who drops the bubble because they got distracted?

I personally wouldn't pick 'ignorant".

Besides, I don't directly call them stupid. I just block them after the Vault is over.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 19:07 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

True, and I guess it's mean. But what's the first word that comes to your head when your away team perfectly destroys the oracles and Precursors, and nails that miracle extra time of Vengeance, ONLY to find out the gate's closed because the home team are ALL on the wrong side!?

Or when you're standing on the CORRECT plate and you find yourself overwhelmed by Supplicants because they're opening the OTHER one for some reason?!

I guess I haven't really had this happen (which might be directly related to my incessant calling out the moment I'm teleported). All I know is that the Xbox360 crew has taken a child as young as 8 (I think that's how old oholiab's youngest is) through the Vault of Glass without issue. I think it's because we take the time to explain what's going to happen, we call everything out, we effectively communicate (that and oholiab has raised a whole litter of excellent guardians :) ). I guess I personally believe that the onus of communication is on the one attempting to convey the message, not the one receiving it.

Besides, I don't directly call them stupid. I just block them after the Vault is over.

I also have never run the raid via LFG. I assume that raises the stress level quite a bit.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 20:15 (3308 days ago) @ Morpheus

I personally wouldn't pick 'ignorant".

Just for fun I may now always call it mars. ;)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:05 (3309 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

And I'll drop the shield on you like I did to Cody ;-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:20 (3309 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Sounds like a plan! :D

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 13:13 (3308 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:14 (3309 days ago) @ slycrel

I mean, I can totally understand colloquialism and the desire to have understandable communication, but "Mars" is like the audible version of someone using the wrong form of "your":

They should know better.
The most basic of observations should make the mistake clear.
They've been corrected repeatedly.

And just like correcting someone for using the improper "your", they get defensive and use excuses like "living language" and such...

I can only think of two things that rustle my jimmies, and knowingly perpetuating ignorance is one of them.

But since you said that you're gonna do it intentionally, it won't bother me. :P

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:37 (3309 days ago) @ Korny

We can compromise. I will call one side bacon, and the other side cake.

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:40 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

Now your being ridiculous.

Green Eggs & Ham?

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:45 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Green Eggs & Ham?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 14:39 (3308 days ago) @ Up North 65

I like this one!

green eggs = venus
ham = mars

(venus & mars intentionally used to infuriate).

Green Eggs & Ham?

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 14:50 (3308 days ago) @ dogcow

Green Eggs also kinda sorta not really sounds like grenades so it can serve as a reminder when to throw them

so it's almost an eggcorn

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 16:18 (3308 days ago) @ Up North 65

so it's almost an eggcorn

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 16:33 (3308 days ago) @ marmot 1333

So now were going with Egg-corn and Can-o-Corn for the sides? this is getting a mite confusing.

TIL

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 23:06 (3308 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

just now?

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:00 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I stepped over that line long ago.

I really just wanted to mess with Korny.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:02 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

It was probably not successful.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:16 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I liked it. ;)

(I actually think it's pretty funny that a man who spends so much of his time and effort trying to rustle OTHERS' jimmies would ask that people try and avoid 50% of the things that rustle HIS. :) )

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 22:22 (3309 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I liked it. ;)

(I actually think it's pretty funny that a man who spends so much of his time and effort trying to rustle OTHERS' jimmies would ask that people try and avoid 50% of the things that rustle HIS. :) )

Feminism is the other 50%, and the HBO forum is all over that, so my jimmies are compromised no matter where I go. :V

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 22:12 (3309 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I see what you did there, and it's funny.

- CC

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 11:10 (3308 days ago) @ CaneCutter

- CC

*its

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 12:31 (3308 days ago) @ bluerunner

- CC

*its

No, he had it right.

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 12:59 (3308 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- CC

*its

No, he had it right.

*You're*

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 13:09 (3308 days ago) @ Up North 65

- CC

*its

No, he had it right.

*You're*

Buffalo buffalo, Buffalo buffalo buffalo, buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 14:00 (3308 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Albany

TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 16:04 (3308 days ago) @ bluerunner

- CC

*its

LOL. That was obviously too clever for a fella like me.

- CC Whoops. I meant, to.

CAAEEEKK!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 08, 2015, 18:41 (3308 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Wait--Our Our Left, Or Your Our Left?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:17 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:17 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pumice.

And I say Mars because it's just easier in my opinion. Left/right doesn't work because you can face either way. Jungle/Desert take too long. So, Mars and Venus. That's my weird reasoning.

Maybe red/green?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:56 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

what if you're color blind and can't tell the difference?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:21 (3309 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Light Grey & Dark Grey?

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 21:29 (3309 days ago) @ BeardFade

Foliage and Sand?
Hobgoblins & Minnie-taur?
Greandes & No Grenades?
Rightey Tightey & Lefty Loosey?
Whos on First?

Well...

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:43 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by RaichuKFM, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:47

It's colored like Mars, it looks like Mars, and it's entirely possible you earn Pumice Threads in it because the game thinks you're on Venus because you're in the Vault, not because that is lore-wise part of Venus.

If there's something that contradicts me in the Grimoire, I'd love to see it, but I'm going to keep calling it Mars for now.

Sadly, you're wrong

by Earendil, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:26 (3309 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I'm not going to find a citation, I'm just going to remind you that the two "planets" are actually "future" and "past". So unless Mars was at some other point in time called Venus, or vice versa, they can't be two different planets, or even two different places. They are the same place separated only by time.

Saying this would instantly make me do it more.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:38 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 18:43

Cody, if we ever play together, I will make sure to call the left side Goatrope and the right side Cheboygan.

I say left and right, but I guarantee someone complaining would make me come up with even more esoteric names or do it louder and more often. You know what they mean, so who cares? As long as they know you think they are still on Venus.

I am now complete.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:43 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

And we were talking about that all through Friday at the LAN.

XD

I am now complete.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 13:58 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Speedracer513, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:01

I figure this milestone is a pretty good reason to add up my total Destiny playtime again...

Playstation:
Hunter: 257 hrs, 20 mins (active playtime) - [371 hrs, 33 mins including Tower and Orbit]
Warlock: 115 hrs, 49 mins (active playtime) - [162 hrs, 15 mins including Tower and Orbit]
Titan: 77 hrs, 49 mins (active playtime) - [115 hrs, 15 mins including Tower and Orbit]
Total: 450 hrs, 58 mins (active playtime) - [649 hrs, 3 mins including Tower and Orbit]

Xbox:
Hunter (1): 94 hrs, 34 mins (active playtime) - [138 hrs, 44 mins including Tower and Orbit]
Hunter (2): 30 hrs, 52 mins (active playtime) - [45 hrs, 1 min including Tower and Orbit]
Warlock: 1 hr, 48 mins (active playtime) - [3 hrs, 2 mins including Tower and Orbit]
Total: 127 hrs, 14 mins (active playtime) - [186 hrs, 47 mins including Tower and Orbit]

For a Grand Total of: 578 hrs, 12 mins (active playtime) - [835 hrs, 50 mins including Tower and Orbit]

Hat Tip to DestinyStatus.com for the tracking tools

I am now complete.

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:28 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

[image]

Destiny just sucked a month of your life away.

I am now complete.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:14 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

[image]

Destiny just sucked a month of your life away.

I feel great. Looking forward to another month!

I am now complete.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:07 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I just checked this myself and I'm at 707. Which means that only 5 hours of playtime ago, I finally equaled the amount of time I had in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer:

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/m/home/?name=stabbim&platform=xbox

Congrats!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:51 (3309 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread