Valus Ta’Aurc Quick (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:25 (3309 days ago)

I did two Roc strikes last night, and Valus went down incredibly fast. I asked the other guys what they did, since I did the usual. I heard one using an HMG, but confirmed that both were using it. What they seemed to do is put a bubble down very near to him with weapons of light, rail into him with a Jolder's Hammer and a thunderlord, and boom. This was no burn.

I'd suggest everybody give this a try for the nightfall. Thunderlord with field scout should devastate. Since HMGs get 1.25 on crit, you can just shoot the body and not worry too much. Even without me using mine, we killed him before he crossed to the other side.

Gjallarhorn works too.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:29 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Two-manned this in a roc strike yesterday. He was dead in ~30 seconds. Snipe until he starts to move, then open up.

Maybe.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:32 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But I always used to use machine guns, and they work really well on normal Valus. On nightfall, you don't get enough time outside without dying to put enough damage into him with machine guns for them to work as well. This was my first nightfall using rockets and it was way less stressful than it normally is. I'll check times on weekly strikes later on Thunderlord vs Gyllenhaal and report back.

Maybe.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 14:58 (3309 days ago) @ Funkmon

But I always used to use machine guns, and they work really well on normal Valus. On nightfall, you don't get enough time outside without dying to put enough damage into him with machine guns for them to work as well.

There is no burn this week, so survival times should be the same.

Doesn't he hit harder? So survival times go down?

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:01 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Yes. The "Epic" modifier makes it harder than normal

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:18 (3309 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Valus Ta’Aurc Quick

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:23 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Heh.

Great! Let me move all my Thunderlords and Jolder's Hammers back and forth between my vault(also full of Thunderlords and Jolder's Hammers) and my characters that have them both equipped at once--and we're off!

What about the normal people who can never find a team who knows how to raid?

Find a Claude Hole.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 15:31 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

Find a Claude Hole.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:02 (3309 days ago) @ CyberKN

Relevant.

The downside to that particular hole is that you can shoot almost nothing. (The big one on the other side - the opposite side from where you come in - is way better.)

Find a Claude Hole.

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:04 (3309 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You just need to lure valus over there. He will then stop shooting and start stomping ineffectively. Then move to step 3, profit!

Watch those stomps.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:11 (3309 days ago) @ Durandal

You just need to lure valus over there. He will then stop shooting and start stomping ineffectively. Then move to step 3, profit!

He can actually kill you through the floor, if you're close. (And in that front hole... almost EVERYTHING is close. :) )

Watch those stomps.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:00 (3309 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(And in that front hole... almost EVERYTHING is close. :) )

Giggity

I couldn't resist

It's alreasy entered the lexicon. You can't fight it!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:53 (3309 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Find a Claude Hole.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 11:36 (3307 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Relevant.

The downside to that particular hole is that you can shoot almost nothing. (The big one on the other side - the opposite side from where you come in - is way better.)

That one is really more of a Claude Cubicle. There's enough room for three Guardians to each swing their own cat.

Valus Ta’Aurc Quick

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:18 (3309 days ago) @ Morpheus

Heh.

Great! Let me move all my Thunderlords and Jolder's Hammers back and forth between my vault(also full of Thunderlords and Jolder's Hammers) and my characters that have them both equipped at once--and we're off!

Deviant Gravity or Against All Odds. Surely you've come across a high impact HGM at SOME point.

THAT"S More Like It! :-D

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:25 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Xbone test set up for Saturday in FTB.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:57 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If anyone has both, let's test.

Xbone test set up for Saturday in FTB.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 17:06 (3309 days ago) @ Funkmon

I've got both (but my Thunderlord isn't leveled yet--I'll be working on that this week).

I saw your event, but keep in mind that Weapons of Light doesn't do much of anything for rockets. It only increases the kinetic damage done of the initial rocket impact which is essentially nothing; however rockets really deal the brunt of their damage from the secondary explosion, which is not buffed by WoL. The same goes for the wolfpack rounds

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread