Exotic Titan Armor: Venus Flytrap (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 04:18 (3321 days ago)

Exotic Perk: One Way Door

Enemies who enter the Ward of Dawn cannot exit. While inside enemies shields are slowly reduced, but not health.

To tip off enemies that this is perhaps not a normal bubble, maybe it could have some visual effects like a greenish haze.

Yes. Make it disable all guns during the ward.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 11:41 (3321 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Nah

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 05:35 (3320 days ago) @ red robber

That detains people much more longer than is really fair, unless it lasts much less time (which defeats the buffing purposes) or it can be broken from the inside (which kinda defeats the armor's point).

And making it disable guns inside is ridiculous, empty post above me.

Now, just a static leeching effect of people in the bubble might be fine...

Nah

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:24 (3319 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I don't think the detain is unfair. You typically only get a super a couple times a game. And if you die, it immediately goes away. Also, it could be broken from the inside, same as it can from the outside, i.e. fist of havoc and golden gun. I think it adds some fun gameplay and changes up the strategy a little.

Nah

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:28 (3319 days ago) @ red robber

I don't think the detain is unfair. You typically only get a super a couple times a game. And if you die, it immediately goes away. Also, it could be broken from the inside, same as it can from the outside, i.e. fist of havoc and golden gun. I think it adds some fun gameplay and changes up the strategy a little.

That bubble has a maximum duration of 45 seconds. That's too long to have a player twiddling their thumbs.

Maybe instead of detain, slow-down?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:33 (3319 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

At that point, why not just go with Saint-14?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:41 (3319 days ago) @ ZackDark

You'd be putting an enemy "out of commission" for around the same amount of time.

My first idea: "Immovable Object"

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:49 (3319 days ago) @ CyberKN

Originally my thought was to make the ward of dawn a physical barrier from the outside, mostly for the purpose of controlling doorways and enemy movements. Perhaps I should have stuck with that.

In this version, enemies could not enter a ward. So a properly placed ward could block one door while you watch the other entrance.

Maybe instead of detain, slow-down?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:44 (3319 days ago) @ ZackDark

I also thought of this as well. They already have the mechanic built in for wizard farts. It drains your health and slows you down. Seems like that would be easy to put into use.

Or perhaps rather than giving you double perks like some armors do, it could block out the extented bubble shield perk. I'm not sure how long a normal Ward lasts, but it doesn't seem nearly as long as when the ward of dawn is extended.

Exotic Titan Armor: Black Hole

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:47 (3317 days ago) @ red robber

Instead of trapping someone, it would draw them in towards the bubble, the closer they are, the harder it is to escape.

I want a grenade that does this.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:50 (3317 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Yes please!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:44 (3317 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread