Shocker! Best gun in game is better than another gun! VID (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 22:32 (3320 days ago)

Cody Miller posted a thread a while ago called Valus Ta'Aurc Quick.

I did two Roc strikes last night, and Valus went down incredibly fast. I asked the other guys what they did, since I did the usual. I heard one using an HMG, but confirmed that both were using it. What they seemed to do is put a bubble down very near to him with weapons of light, rail into him with a Jolder's Hammer and a thunderlord, and boom. This was no burn.

I'd suggest everybody give this a try for the nightfall. Thunderlord with field scout should devastate. Since HMGs get 1.25 on crit, you can just shoot the body and not worry too much. Even without me using mine, we killed him before he crossed to the other side.

I thought this wouldn't work with the Nightfall, but bet it would with a weekly.

I was wrong. Cody's implication was also wrong. The best way to get this guy is with Gyllenhaals and Dragon's Breath, basically no matter what. Me, Blackstar, and CougRon did a test ourselves.

Results: Valus was killed before adds even got to us with rocket launchers, and it took 5 minutes and more work with machine guns.

So, the definitive answer to killing him quick is to use your DBs and Gjallarhorns. Not breaking news to most of us, but I just want to save some dudes the time and tell you myself.

We kill him in less than a minute with the rocket launcher. Here is a video.

Dude, range

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 22:44 (3320 days ago) @ Funkmon

Dude, you are standing so far away from him that your damage is dropping off from your thunderlord. You are not doing nearly the damage you could have been doing. No wonder it took longer. You have to put the bubble close to him. You didn't really mimic the strategy I outlined.

Dude. Wrong.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 23:04 (3320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We tried it closer, right next to the ramp he walks down. Still didn't help and didn't do FIVE TIMES MORE DAMAGE. We also died sooner.

Dude. Wrong.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 11, 2015, 23:21 (3320 days ago) @ Funkmon

We tried it closer, right next to the ramp he walks down. Still didn't help and didn't do FIVE TIMES MORE DAMAGE. We also died sooner.

Then I don't know how to explain my experience. I was up top and he was shooting at me, and the two of them drilled him dead before he walked to the other side.

Probably standbying.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 01:18 (3320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

What's that?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 01:30 (3320 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

A key feature of Halo 2 Multi. Small game. No one played it.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 02:58 (3320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

lol "key feature"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 12, 2015, 12:13 (3319 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Yeah..

by nico, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:13 (3319 days ago) @ ZackDark

I actually ran the level 24 Weekly a couple times on my hunter to finish up the 25 Strikes section of the Bad Juju bounty, and having read Cody's post, I thought I'd give it a try with a couple of MGs, and was less than impressed with the damage output compared to Gally and Dragon's Breath.

Yeah..

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:14 (3319 days ago) @ nico

I actually ran the level 24 Weekly a couple times on my hunter to finish up the 25 Strikes section of the Bad Juju bounty, and having read Cody's post, I thought I'd give it a try with a couple of MGs, and was less than impressed with the damage output compared to Gally and Dragon's Breath.

I guess the ultimate strategy then is to use the heavy ammo glitch to get a bazillion packs in the room before the boss, then just use rockets.

Yeah..

by nico, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:15 (3319 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Heavy ammo glitch?

Yeah..

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:16 (3319 days ago) @ nico

Heavy ammo glitch?

Empty your primary and heavy weapon. Equip Icebreaker. Now everything you kill will drop heavy ammo.

Yeah..

by nico, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:31 (3319 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's pretty cool! I'll have to try that out!

I did notice something kind of neat last night. If BOTH your Special and Heavy have the Surplus perk, you can get Heavies with 6 rockets per purple brick.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread