Flawless Raider! Yay! (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:29 (3319 days ago)

Jumped in with the XboxOne crew on a Flawless Raider attempt on Crota, and Achievement Unlocked! Woohoo!

The only part we really had a problem with was the Abyss, I didn't keep track but we must have had 20 wipes there. I was only responsible for one of those but it was a really stupid one--I was tweaking my weapon and grenades while opening the portal and failed to notice it was open, when I came back the platform was gone and I died trying to jump where it normally ends.

After the abyss we got across the bridge with no problems, took our time with the shrieker hallway and blasted through the deathsinger and Crota. No wipes after the Abyss!

Now I only have two more to get to get 100% completion. Level up a Hunter, and 20 captures in Salvage. I was planning on starting a Hunter when HoW drops but I might start early now. As for Salvage, I absolutely suck at the game type. We all jumped into the playlist to try and earn it for those of us who don't have it yet and mostly just got a butts handed to us. Did not get the achievement. Does anyone know of a way to track your progress on the Salvage capture achievement? The Grimoire card only tracks matches won and the Achievement app doesn't show any.

edit:
Forgot to mention, completing the raid got me a Red Death exotic. I already had it but this one gets me a Shard to finish leveling up the other.

Only six wipes!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:44 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

The only part we really had a problem with was the Abyss, I didn't keep track but we must have had 20 wipes there.

Wait, what? We only wiped 6 times, and 3 of those (marked with *) were from "The Fall":
1*, 2*, 3, 4, 5*, 6

7th time's the charm:
7 (Flawless!)

I recorded the whole thing (as well as our Crucible from later on) so that I could post the Flawless run to YouTube, but my capture software decided to crash and garble the whole thing when I stopped recording. I'm trying some various MP4 repair tools, but it doesn't look promising. :-\

I said I didn't keep track... felt like more.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 02:01 (3319 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by CougRon, Monday, April 13, 2015, 02:15

- No text -

My Favorite Wipe

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:54 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

The best wipe has to have been the first one. After all of the trouble we had just dropping into the abyss on last week's attempt, we might have been a little too cautious when dropping in for the first time yesterday.

Still cracks me up :p

-Disciple

My Favorite Wipe

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:48 (3319 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That was pretty funny. Thanks for sharing. Well done & congrats on the flawless raider!

I'm so glad you got that from your perspective!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:03 (3319 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Of course...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:22 (3319 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The best wipe has to have been the first one. After all of the trouble we had just dropping into the abyss on last week's attempt, we might have been a little too cautious when dropping in for the first time yesterday.

Still cracks me up :p

-Disciple

Great job, friends!

No Trophy/Achievement feels more satisfying than the Flawless Raider.

Can't imagine how you guys felt on Crota's final down...

But this video's definitely the highlight.

Congrats, everyone!

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, April 13, 2015, 05:28 (3319 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Great clip, Disciple! Congrats to all the Xbox One flawless raiders - this turned out to be a pretty good week for flawless runs!

My Favorite Wipe

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:38 (3318 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Ha! I didn't even know that happened. I've always just jumped in right away.

Flawless Raider! Yay!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:13 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

Nice, congrats xbox peeps.

Best moment.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:49 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

[image]

+1

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:58 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Banned

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:04 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Also, that game was so messed up. If I can salvage my capture*, I'll have to show you what "laggy Funkmon" looks like. It's not pretty.

*Awesome pun not intended.

"A player has left your fireteam"

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:14 (3319 days ago) @ Beorn

Also, that game was so messed up. If I can salvage my capture*, I'll have to show you what "laggy Funkmon" looks like. It's not pretty.

*Awesome pun not intended.

The lag-fest that was the last raid I ran involved some ludicrous Funkmon moments. I'm not sure if it was him or me, but I wouldn't recommend playing with multiple cell-tethers in a single fireteam.

This one was my parents' internet.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:31 (3319 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Still bad.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:21 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Flawless Raider! Yay!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:29 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Congrats you guys! =)

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, April 12, 2015, 22:17 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Salvage Progress...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 00:17 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

Does anyone know of a way to track your progress on the Salvage capture achievement? The Grimoire card only tracks matches won and the Achievement app doesn't show any.

According to DestinyTracker, you've captured 18 zones so far. Pretty close!

(Congrats on the Flawless Raider!)

Salvage Progress...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 13, 2015, 01:20 (3319 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Does anyone know of a way to track your progress on the Salvage capture achievement? The Grimoire card only tracks matches won and the Achievement app doesn't show any.

According to DestinyTracker, you've captured 18 zones so far. Pretty close!

(Congrats on the Flawless Raider!)

And Salvage is still up. Go get those two zones!

guess I know what I'll be doing tonight...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 02:09 (3319 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

got it. ugh. I hope I never need play salvage ever again.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 04:46 (3319 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Correct response.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:23 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

+1

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:25 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

Salvage feels like it has some potential, but right now that game type is so broken.

Wow. Salvage is my favorite crucible game type.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:12 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Salvage is the trolliest crucible game type.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:20 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:23

I really think it would work better if you got significantly more points for a salvage, and no points for stopping an opponent's salvage. As is, you just win by denying an attempted salvage, as denying is a lot easier than successfully defending. What if you got 250 points each for a salvage, plus 250 for the deploy? 1k points for a success reduces Salvage's slayer aspects and ultimately just makes it a race to actually be successful at the gametype's unique mechanics.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:28 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I really think it would work better if you got significantly more points for a salvage, and no points for stopping an opponent's salvage. As is, you just win by denying an attempted salvage, as denying is a lot easier than successfully defending. What if you got 250 points each for a salvage, plus 250 for the deploy? 1k points for a success reduces Salvage's slayer aspects and ultimately just makes it a race to actually be successful at the gametype's unique mechanics.

I got the salvage crew medal a few times yesterday. I don't know why I enjoy it, but I do. Maybe it's because I always know where the players are or where they are going?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:31 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

I got the salvage crew medal a few times yesterday. I don't know why I enjoy it, but I do. Maybe it's because I always know where the players are or where they are going?

I enjoy it too, it's fun to successfully wipe the other team and power through a successful relic. I just wish it wasn't so griefy if one team is not attempting to salvage at all and just playing back for the deny. If you could only win by salvaging relics I think it'd be more fun.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:46 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I've played a little Salvage & I've started to really enjoy it, I agree that the points could use some tweaking...

Flawless Raider! Yay!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:52 (3317 days ago) @ CougRon

Congrats guys, I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread