To compensate for no 6 player activity in HoW (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:33 (3318 days ago)
edited by petetheduck, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:54

Bungie should allow 6 player fireteams in Patrol!

[Edited to remove accidental impression of desperation]

You can sort of do this, sans bounties.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:41 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

Only on Venus, sadly...but if you just bail on the VoG, you can tool around, find public events and whathaveyou.

The 5 stages of grief, as it applies to Destiny

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:42 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

Denial : No raid in HoW? No way. They wouldn't do that!

Anger : OMG they fucking did it. It was implied that we'd get a new raid! WTF bongle!?

Bargaining :

To compensate for no 6 player activity in HoW
PLEASE, Bungie, allow 6 player fireteams in Patrol.

Pretty please.

Depression : I expected more from Destiny at this point, yet it keeps disappointing me. Maybe I should take a step away from the big 'ol D for a while.

Acceptance : Oh, who am I kidding. Like I'm going to go play anything else.

What stage are *you* at? (He asks to the crowd, rhetorically)

+1

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:43 (3318 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That was a good post.

by petetheduck, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:52 (3318 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Anger : OMG they fucking did it. It was implied that we'd get a new raid! WTF bongle!?

Bargaining :

Pretty please.

Depression : I expected more from Destiny at this point, yet it keeps disappointing me. Maybe I should take a step away from the big 'ol D for a while.

Trolling : Not sure if

I'm actually really interested and optimistic about this Arena concept and am looking forward to finding out more. I've also wanted 6 player Patrol for months now.

Based on how little I've played Crota's End lately, while the blind runs on Destiny's Raids have been awesome, this Arena could really be a fantastic addition to Destiny's PvE.

Along with 6 player Patrol.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:55 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

Trolling : Not sure if

I'm not, just laughing at the situation as a whole, really. A lot of posters here (myself included) follow this model at times. Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves....

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:03 (3318 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves....

Then laugh at other people. At least that is what I do.

There is potential

by yakaman, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 14:34 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

While I agree with most that the first 2 Raids have been peak moments in Destiny, I am curious what the Arena might be. The Raids are challenging and unique, but maybe also very well understood at this point. After all, how many times have the best of you run the Raids? 40 times each? More?

If they came out with another Raid, you guys would consume it and solve it thisquick. A firefight-style Arena (if that is what it is) or something similar could give rise to all kinds of different flavors of challenges. Endurance, high score, survival, long-term progress (i.e. towards the kind of world events Korny discusses from Warframe), etc.

I eagerly await the next Raid, but for now am very interested in what might come next.

EDIT for terrible grammer

...I hate to do this.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 14:54 (3318 days ago) @ yakaman

While I agree with most that the first 2 Raids have been peak moments in Destiny, I am curious what the Arena might be. The Raids are challenging and unique, but maybe also very well understood at this point. After all, how many times have the best of you run the Raids? 40 times each? More?

If they came out with another Raid, you guys would consume it and solve it thisquick. A firefight-style Arena (if that is what it is) or something similar could give rise to all kinds of different flavors of challenges. Endurance, high score, survival, long-term progress (i.e. towards the kind of world events Korny discusses from Warframe), etc.

I eagerly await the next Raid, but for now am very interested in what might come next.

EDIT for terrible grammer

It's, uh...grammar.

I think you mean *Glimmer*.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:22 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I totally read "gamer"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:00 (3318 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Look away

by yakaman, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:46 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 02:26 (3317 days ago) @ petetheduck

Not trolling. I loved his post, and yours just fit really well in that area. Got a good laugh.

I'm in no stages of grief. I got Oddworld, and that new episodic Conker game comes out soon. I'll find ways to amuse myself if House of Wolves blows. Reserving judgment for now. Oh, and I still have plenty of games and fun on the Wii and 3DS. :D

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:12 (3318 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Bargaining :

Pretty please.

well, i haven't played since march 8. I'll come back for a bit when HoW drops. I have moved on for the time being. Just mostly lurking here now, b/c i like the HBO/DBO communities. i like to keep up with the news, and the people.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread