Update 1.1.2 : The one with Vault space and Raid fixes. (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:16 (3318 days ago)

RIP Purple Ball!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:17 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

The new ball is born! All hail the new ball!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:18 (3318 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day

Hail!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:20 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day

This sounds glorious. I'm traveling for work and won't be online all week. Anyone have footage of the new ball?

The first grainy video hath appeared! Tremble!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:03 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:08

Gah!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:25 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm watching this and all I can think is, "GO TALK TO YOUR DAMN VENDORS!" I think I have OCD about clearing those green markers...

Also, it looks like they just gave the purple ball variable color based on velocity/time? Then again, that video quality is... lacking. Any clarification on this, Veegie?

Gah!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:27 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

Also, it looks like they just gave the purple ball variable color based on velocity/time? Then again, that video quality is... lacking. Any clarification on this, Veegie?

"The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day"

Parallaxed?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:31 (3318 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

"The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day"

Right, we've already covered that bit... I guess I'm curious about the "parallaxed" part of that description.

Parallaxed?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:33 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

Right, we've already covered that bit... I guess I'm curious about the "parallaxed" part of that description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_mapping

I'm not a graphics engineer, this is the best I can do.

Parallaxed?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:38 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm not a graphics engineer, this is the best I can do.

That's why I asked Veegie. Apparently it's his baby. ;-)

Parallaxed?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:27 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

Also curious. It probably just means that the ball doesn't just glow, but has a clear center from which the glow originates that can be perceived based on parallax.

Parallaxed?

by Veegie, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:49 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

Yes, the core of it is actually authored with the original opaque geometry, but it's receiving a per-pixel parallax to emulate it actually being a smaller, inner core.
The velocity and time of day is routed through a few compound functions that go through a cosine and 2D gradient, and a few domain-lockers so that it gently changes intensity and tint by the two inputs.
And of course the surface shader got updated too.
It was a fun side project I decided to do since I had a handful of time, and of course the patching/testing implications were very low - so all the stars aligned to do it.

TIL balls are complicated.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:53 (3318 days ago) @ Veegie

- No text -

just ones that technical artists make :)

by Veegie, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:53 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

just ones that technical artists make :)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:10 (3318 days ago) @ Veegie

Keeps reminding me of fireflies, or floating festival lanterns. That kind of thing.

~m

You da man

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:13 (3318 days ago) @ Veegie

Awesome, thanks for the blurb. I think I actually understood all of that! Looking forward to seeing it "live" when I get home later this week. :)

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:22 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

As much I like content, I like the little things too.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:28 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:41

Check it.

It looks like a seeing stone from LOTR.

[image]

Crucible is indeed going full primaries.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:27 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

Patch notes are up : https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12773

In crucible:
-Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death
-Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)
-Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)
-Increased drop radius when a friendly picks up a Special crate (from 20 meters to 100 meters)
-Slightly increased interaction time on Special Ammo crate (from 0.1 seconds to 0.8 seconds)
-Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)
-Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)

This is going to have some serious ramifications; specials that spawn with double ammo in reserve are very high on my list of wants at the moment. Invective and Icebreaker stock going way up. Primary exotics just became the new meta.

Torn Life!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:50 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Might be the end for my PI :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:58 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

That bitch tears through ammo like a grizzly in a maternity ward norovirus on a cruise ship.

They did decrease the frequency of the killer bug, though

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:08 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

No longer will it disappoint me like I disappoint others in real life.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:09 (3318 days ago) @ ZackDark

No longer will it disappoint me like I disappoint others in real life.

That'll just make it run out of ammo faster!

Seriously though, I was excited to see that.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:12 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That'll just make it run out of ammo faster!

Die in a glorious blaze of fury!

Seriously though, I was excited to see that.

I know, right? Phogoth on Solar burn used to be my favorite place to use Pocket Infinity, but it kept sputtering out on me right on Phogoth himself... :(

Update 1.1.2 : The one with Vault space and Raid fixes.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:36 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

Fixed a bug where Major Thralls had two jaws and two left hands

Wat? Did anyone ever see this. Does an image exist of this?

Fixed a bug where Heavy Ammo consumables were not available for purchase from Xûr

So that whole drought was a bug?

Improved issues associated with walking through the teleport

Thank. You.

Titan Ward of Dawn now has audio indicators at low energy so players can more easily read when it will time out

This is cool. Biggest unannounced content for me.

Is Golden Gun range on fix list?

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:40 (3318 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I thought it was stated the nerf to range was a bug and was hoping it'd be fixed here. Anyone know if it's working as intended? Or accidental nerf from the hand cannon change?

No mention :/

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:44 (3318 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

No Mythoclast fix either.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:28 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Someone on reddit says the Mythoclast was ninja fixed.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:37 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Is Golden Gun range on fix list?

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:14 (3318 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I thought it was stated the nerf to range was a bug and was hoping it'd be fixed here. Anyone know if it's working as intended? Or accidental nerf from the hand cannon change?

Oops, what I was trying to ask was "Has Bungie acknowledged that the Golden Gun change was a mistake? Have they said they plan on fixing it?" I can't remember if they said it or if I just read fellow hunters complaining about it.

Not mentioned: it is 4.3 GB.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 15:48 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Not mentioned: it is 4.3 GB.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:02 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

Will you even have it downloaded in time to raid tonight?

Timing may be challenging.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:12 (3318 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

new maps included?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:24 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

I think it's probably likely that a lot of the new House of Wolves maps and content is part of this update in a disabled form so you don't have to download it later when it goes live. Theoretically you would just download a patch which enables the contents and any fixes they made in the next month.

Expect dataminers to be going nuts very very shortly....

Reddit's already got a dedicated datamining thread

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:26 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

Yay, Phobos!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:54 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

And Mercury as a selectable location...with social space?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:18 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

And Mercury as a selectable location...with social space?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:46 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Yeah, my guess is it's a lobby for elite PvP'ers looking for parties or challengers. If TOO is as PvP-centric as the flavor text makes it sound, then I'd expect to see tons of Iron Banner/Osiris gear.

~m

LOL

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:47 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Apparently they've found an exotic ship with the following description:

"NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINÆVM "

Maybe not. I may have to put off late raid.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:46 (3318 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Will you even have it downloaded in time to raid tonight?

I will have to leave today so my cell goes with me.

6.065 Gigs here (PS4)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:59 (3318 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Must be the PS4 standby\resume stuff.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:00 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

and the updates to the Dust Palace strike

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:55 (3318 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

4.3 GB + Exclusive content = 6.065 GB

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:02 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

4.3 GB + Exclusive content = 6.065 GB

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:32 (3318 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

hahahaha yes

What's Master Chief Collection up to now?

by petetheduck, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:49 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It's broken the Bekenstein limit.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:52 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

61.6 GB

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:01 (3318 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Interesting - only 1.92GB on Xbox 360

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:42 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

'dem next generation textures

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:43 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

That's obnoxious.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:31 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have a 360 launch unit and am stuck with the 20gb drive as a result. I have expanded my storage capabilities via USB flash drives, but Destiny requires being installed to the HD. I hope EITHER I don't run out of space by Comet or all the hepcats on the 360 upgrade.

I'm looking at you, Up North and Nico.

That's obnoxious.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:32 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

I have a 360 launch unit and am stuck with the 20gb drive as a result. I have expanded my storage capabilities via USB flash drives, but Destiny requires being installed to the HD. I hope EITHER I don't run out of space by Comet or all the hepcats on the 360 upgrade.

360 4 lyfe.

Uh, you can, with some hassle, upgrade it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:38 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

Takes a laptop hard-drive and a 3rd-party format-to-360-format tool.

That's obnoxious.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:01 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm in the same boat and I'm not overjoyed, but I appreciate that they made it tell you how much space it needs this time. It would be nice if it had a progress bar for the main part of the install too, but I should've thought to check active downloads before restarting. It would also be nice if it detected a partially-installed update when you leave the game and/or the download stops, instead of saying you don't have enough room and seemingly requiring you to delete the partial update. (I said goodbye to being able to play Halo 4 multiplayer on the 360 to make room.)

That's obnoxious.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:04 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

I thought the 500 gig hd's in the one would last forever, but we've used 63% of that space already and we only have 7 games.

Yep, needed more room. IMG

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:10 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

Deleted Borderlands 2 expansions.

That's obnoxious.

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:49 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm speechless that you still have a working launch unit. I bought a 360 two weeks after launch, replaced it when it died (warranty), replaced that one when it died (warranty), replaced that one when it died (out of warranty - new purchase), replaced that one when it died (yay new warranty), and then bought an XBone.

That's obnoxious.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:52 (3318 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I'm speechless that you still have a working launch unit. I bought a 360 two weeks after launch, replaced it when it died (warranty), replaced that one when it died (warranty), replaced that one when it died (out of warranty - new purchase), replaced that one when it died (yay new warranty), and then bought an XBone.

[image]

That's obnoxious.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:10 (3318 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I still have my launch console and would keep using it except I was one of the suckers who bought the R2D2 console.

It'll Take a Crowbar

by Up North 65 @, Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:03 (3316 days ago) @ Funkmon

And some out of the box applications of lard to pry my 360 Elite/H3/Frankenbox from me. Damn thing nearly knocked me out once in a rollover in Canada, kept me from going mad my first winter in the shed (Dead Space be damned), and most importantly led me to you random peoples of the internetz. So no matter what super-awesome-real-lyfe graphiks or mind boggling-youtubing-share-your-turd-sandwich internet connectivity super box of the future is I'll still be here swapping hard drives, pushing a button to turn it on, and cranking up the volume to drown out the helicopter trying to take off with my fan.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:19 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

You can wear your helmet in the Tower now? That's awesome :D

White Nail perk no longer triggers on immune targets

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:48 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

This is pretty big actually. A really good strategy on the Devil Walker was to shoot the legs when they were immune to keep your chain going. Most useful if you had two shots left to chain while the core was opening up.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:50 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I got super excited when I saw that perk name... You'd think that the Hive Majors bug would take priority.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:56 (3318 days ago) @ CyberKN

What bugs me is that if you hit a shielded enemy in the face, it doesn't count even though it technically does extra damage...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:58 (3318 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

What bugs me is that if you hit a shielded enemy in the face, it doesn't count even though it technically does extra damage...

It used to count. I've chained on Hive Wizards in Crota's end several times. Not the easiest since they float all around, but you could do it when they were shielded.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:00 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It used to count. I've chained on Hive Wizards in Crota's end several times. Not the easiest since they float all around, but you could do it when they were shielded.

Maybe I'm just barely missing and not knowing it. It's kinda hard to tell when you don't get a colored number.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:12 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Last week I had heard tales that black hammer would stop working on tanks. If this is what started that rumor, I'm relieved.

Quest loot pyramid baubles

by petetheduck, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:56 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

That phrase hurt my brain for several moments until I understood what it meant.

Fixed bug where Major Thralls had two jaws & two left hands

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:10 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

This is my favorite patch note, well, Vault space is my favorite feature, but this is my favorite patch note.

I can't help but imagine clumsy thrall stumbling around with an extra jaw hanging off their face.

No wonder thrall don't have weapons, they couldn't hold onto them!

... I'm sure there's more.

I shall call him Lefty...

by Durandal, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:13 (3318 days ago) @ dogcow

Nt

I shall call him Lefty...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:28 (3318 days ago) @ Durandal

Nt

You know, you don't need to (and shouldn't) put "nt" in your post, right? If you leave the text blank, the forum marks it appropriately. ;-)

Not true...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:39 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by ZackDark, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:56

Unfortnately for you...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:51 (3318 days ago) @ ZackDark

...I can see your shenanigans:

[image]

I call tampering

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:56 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Exotic Ship

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:31 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

I see their latin is just as bad as ever:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/824273149

Manus is actually feminine, so it's supposed to be Manus Celeris Dei :-p

(The description is ostensibly supposed to be "Don't make us kick your ass")

Exotic Ship

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:35 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I thought they were referring to this.

Exotic Ship

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:36 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I thought they were referring to this.

They are, but it was as wrong then as it is now :-p

Boomer. Want.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:38 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Boomer. Want.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:39 (3318 days ago) @ dogcow

Man, I gotta go back & play through the Marathons again sometime soon. If I could just stop playing Destiny for a while...

Boomer. Want.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:41 (3318 days ago) @ dogcow

Man, I gotta go back & play through the Marathons again sometime soon. If I could just stop playing Destiny for a while...

I'm aiming for the 25th for the late night Marthon 2 Deathmatch night. Just a little too far out right now to make the FT Builder event.

Boomer. Want.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:42 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm aiming for the 25th for the late night Marthon 2 Deathmatch night. Just a little too far out right now to make the FT Builder event.

Can we do Aleph One instead so we can play with mouses and not have to deal with XBL? You can play online with Aleph One now, right?

Boomer. Want.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:43 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Can we do Aleph One instead so we can play with mouses and not have to deal with XBL? You can play online with Aleph One now, right?

I can see if I can borrow a computer. Don't have an actual desktop available at the moment.

No.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:52 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That makes the ease of access for everyone else beyond making it worth it.

There's more of a market for $10/xbl/360.

~m

No.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:05 (3318 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

not sure if sarcastic, surely not spending money would be nicer? Aleph One's interface isn't that bad either, one or two illustrative pictures should show what to do just fine

No.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:07 (3318 days ago) @ General Vagueness

~m

not sure if sarcastic, surely not spending money would be nicer? Aleph One's interface isn't that bad either, one or two illustrative pictures should show what to do just fine

Just FYI, I actually asked in the original thread specifically about interest on 360, because I wasn't able to use Aleph easily. There was a fair amount of interest on 360, as it appeared many individuals had already purchased the xbl version.

We've done this before.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:27 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=12915

Someone toss Cody a trial gold membership.

No.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:41 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Just FYI, I actually asked in the original thread specifically about interest on 360, because I wasn't able to use Aleph easily. There was a fair amount of interest on 360, as it appeared many individuals had already purchased the xbl version.

I've got it. Not sure what I've got going on that night(25th), but I will definitely participate if I'm gaming that night.

~m

No.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:06 (3318 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

Well then you guys have fun. M2 multiplayer is pretty unplayable with the sticks, and I don't even have a live account anymore.

And usable network code.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:15 (3318 days ago) @ Malagate

Weirdly, aleph one fucks me every time on the network, but M2 on XBL works fine.

So it isn't just me.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:17 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

Weirdly, aleph one fucks me every time on the network, but M2 on XBL works fine.

I feel like every time I've tried to get more than 2 people on network, there were problems.

It only works in a LAN for me.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:25 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

First time I got it to work I was in my high school networking class with a pretty early version of Aleph One.

Last time I got it to work was a LAN in 2011. Only two times it ever did.

Why does it have to be late night?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:28 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Any grown-ups with jobs here?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:31 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

During the day would be alright, I always forget the east coasters. It's a Saturday, so 6EST/3PST would work for me?

This is a far superior time.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:44 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:00 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

During the day would be alright, I always forget the east coasters. It's a Saturday, so 6EST/3PST would work for me?

I hate to be freaking goldilocks but that's too early.

Just teasing.

That'll work but when you say late night I'm thinking 11 EST or later. My sweet spot is 8-10 EST on weeknights. Fri & Sat are more flexible, of course, but more likely to conflict with other stuff.

An even superiorer time.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:31 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

8-10EST messes with my meal bag.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:16 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon
    edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:30

Don't go messin with the dinner bell.

that's cool.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:28 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

8-10EST messes with my meal bag.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:56 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I read that as "meat bag" and assumed this had somehow turned into a KoTOR thread. I was kind of excited.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:21 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

For some of us grown ups, having a job means working weekends so late night is preferable.

Just sayin.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:52 (3318 days ago) @ Vortech

Hey, been there. I worked retail for 11 years. :)

Nine to five M-F is the most common. I say that as someone who in my 20s swore I'd never work those hours. Alas ...

Boomer. Want.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:17 (3318 days ago) @ dogcow

Sadly they make me motion sick now. I can only play in 10-15 minute sessions. I guess this is growing up? I've had to content myself reading the terminals and stuff at MBO.

Exotic Ship

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:35 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know nothing about Latin, so I'll take your word for it. But I appreciate the throwback.

Exotic Ship

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:38 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

I know nothing about Latin, so I'll take your word for it. But I appreciate the throwback.

I understand the mistake, since Manus is a 4th declension noun, and like, 99% of them are masculine or neuter. Your adjectives take the gender of the nouns they modify in latin. Celer is masculine, and celeris is feminine.

Those 4 years in High School are finally worth it.

*Psst* - Braccae tuae hiant.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:56 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I guess I should semper ubi sub ubi

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:08 (3318 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Scoobi Doobi Noob Tubi?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:11 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What?.... We are all just making up words now right?

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:14 (3318 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Expecto Patronum!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:19 (3318 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I peaksae atinlae ootae!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:31 (3318 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:59 (3318 days ago) @ CyberKN

Holy crap, that takes me back.

I never read Harry Potter...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:21 (3318 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So I have no idea what you guys are saying

"Romanes eunt domus" all the way

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 18:41 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

The Crucible changes are just too much.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 19:43 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

it sucks to be in the middle of a firefight, switch to your secondary to finish them, then see that it's empty. You then switch back to your primary that still needs to reload, and it's just awkward. Same thing with seeing a blade dancer come at you. You switch to your shotgun, but oops, it's empty. Because not only do they hold less ammo, but ammo crates take far too long to spawn.

Also, the Heavy ammo situation. If you wait for your teammates to show up for the Heavy, then you all get a rocket headed your way because of the one guy on the other team who didn't wait, so now you are inclined not to wait... Which wouldn't be so bad if the Heavy didn't despawn on Death, but now you have to make sure to grab it or lose it altogether. I used to save Heavy ammo for Blade Dancers, but now it's not a good proposition. All I've seen in crucible today are rocket launchers in response to disappearing ammo and the quick Charlie Foxtrots that occur in the 15 seconds after a Heavy drop. And thanks to the longer timer and map icon, getting Heavy ammo is ironically not as easy or as guaranteed, because an enemy with a Super has plenty of time to make a bolt for your team, and since your team is huddled by the heavy, he's pretty uncontested all the way there. And because of the bigger focus on Rockets, Machine Guns are out of the question; you simply can't risk holding on to Heavy ammo anymore.

Crucible's become this awkward clockwork where you are worrying more about timers than the encounters.

I saw an ammo crate and was like "thank the Nine", but then I saw that the timer on it was still at 45 seconds. That's almost a full minute without secondary ammo, unless I run to the next crate hoping that my teammates didn't grab it while I was respawning. I can get behind decreasing shotgun spam, but it feels like someone came up with a list of different ways to counter it, and someone said "perfect, implement them all!"

... With the new way it plays, Crucible is actually less fun for me.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:02 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

I care about a lot of the things you say here, because even though they're not in line with how I think during a game, I have to admit they do negatively impact my fun. But one thing stuck out more than the rest:

Crucible's become this awkward clockwork where you are worrying more about timers than the encounters.

This, this, a thousand times this! I'm okay not getting heavies sometimes because I can still earn a Super, but if my team is getting stomped then sometimes the only way to turn things around is with heavies; and if the other team is earning Supers on us...well, then they can pave a way to the heavies pretty easily.

I would be okay if the losing team got a single heavy crate to drop for their team when my team gets a Strength of the Wolf, but with this business of not being rewarded for killing someone with heavies I'm beginning to feel similarly; that everything is shifting toward primaries.

~m

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:10 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

Yes. Ironically whatever they were trying to solve with their heavy ammo changes - probably preventing someone from having a ton and cleaning up - is now worse because you have fewer options to use your own ammo as a counter.

Before this patch I called that rockets would get a huge priority, and by what you are saying that seems right.

This promotes less variety, not more, and is more boring.

Maybe the original crucible was a happy accident like Halo 1's multiplayer was.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:15 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We might get there pretty soon. Everybody will just have TLW and Hawkmoon. Basically pistols on Hang 'em High.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:15 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It does seem like rockets have become the practical choice, for the most part. I tend to carry HMG's and switched to rockets because I'd get greased before I finish the ammo; whereas I can essentially fire-and-forget with rockets.

I don't know who feels like there was anything "happy" about being forced to use the one dominant weapon at all times.

~m

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:20 (3318 days ago) @ Malagate

My best strategy was to let the ammo drop, wait for the rocket barrage to die down, then pick up the heavy and go to work with my HMG. I hate that this strategy is pretty much gone. Best I can do is go hide for a minute and hope no one finds me before the rockets run out. That or I could just join the crowd and hope for blind luck that I get my rockets off before a Truth rocket finds my face.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:23 (3318 days ago) @ bluerunner

My best strategy was to let the ammo drop, wait for the rocket barrage to die down, then pick up the heavy and go to work with my HMG. I hate that this strategy is pretty much gone. Best I can do is go hide for a minute and hope no one finds me before the rockets run out. That or I could just join the crowd and hope for blind luck that I get my rockets off before a Truth rocket finds my face.

Yeah, I can't decide if the meta is changing and I just need to deal with it, or if we'll be seeing a swing back the other way from the sandbox folks in the near future. The strategy changed a bit, and not in a fun way for me; I like my special weapons. I wonder if they plan to nerf everything in order to bring TTK up?

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:35 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

No, you're right. I haven't played it, but just from reading the notes it sure sounds like we'd better get used to saying "Guys, special ammo in 5 near point B! Hurry up, I'm not waiting to pick it up!"

If you're going to make the special weapon ammo spawn less often, at least drop the dead guy's special ammo for me. Come ON.

Claude's gonna have a field day...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:50 (3318 days ago) @ Kahzgul

No, you're right. I haven't played it, but just from reading the notes it sure sounds like we'd better get used to saying "Guys, special ammo in 5 near point B! Hurry up, I'm not waiting to pick it up!"

If you're going to make the special weapon ammo spawn less often, at least drop the dead guy's special ammo for me. Come ON.

Kalamari and I were just having a talk regarding balance and domino effects, and we realized that borderline mixing the presence of shotguns, nothing can counter The Last Word at close range now. It's just gonna wreck nearly unchallenged.

The thing Bungie doesn't realize is that a change to an entire class of weapons has an effect elsewhere in the sandbox, with greater effect to weapons at both ends of the range spectrum...

I think they realize it.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:54 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

Kalamari and I were just having a talk regarding balance and domino effects, and we realized that borderline mixing the presence of shotguns, nothing can counter The Last Word at close range now. It's just gonna wreck nearly unchallenged.

The thing Bungie doesn't realize is that a change to an entire class of weapons has an effect elsewhere in the sandbox, with greater effect to weapons at both ends of the range spectrum...

They had to have play tested. They're almost certainly aware of the change. I think they want primaries to matter more, in conjunction with less blink-shotgun-sliding.

I'd expect a nerf to TLW soon, too. It really seems to me that they want to increase TTK across the board. It's just too far of a jump for me to believe they're absolutely oblivious to the effects of nerfing 3 different classes of weapon simultaneously.

I think they realize it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:56 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

They had to have play tested.

Like how they playtested the raids, or the white nail perk?

Point Cody

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:06 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

We probably didn't get a HoW raid because of playtesting.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:12 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They had to have play tested.

Like how they playtested the raids, or the white nail perk?

If you want to gripe on one little perk, I'll give it to you. Saying they didn't playtest the raids is just crazy talk. They definitely spent hours upon hours testing the raids. They lived with a lot of glitches because the raids are absurdly complicated and they're on a schedule.

If I had to guess why we didn't get a raid with HoW? It's because they didn't have time to get all the glitches they wanted to with Crota, and had to release it on a schedule they couldn't match. And they didn't want to give us another glitchy one now. They wanted to keep playtesting it.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:33 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I read that to mean that internal playtests can't show you everything that playing at full scale can. Like with the raids.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:39 (3318 days ago) @ Vortech

I read that to mean that internal playtests can't show you everything that playing at full scale can. Like with the raids.

I read it more as snark, but I can see the point. I just think it applies less here; the testimonials of forum goers have all painted the changes as immediately obvious, and I'm sure the team at Bungie noticed them even more acutely. Korny isn't noticing exploits, he's noticing changes in dynamic, and I'd be hard pressed to believe the Sandbox team saw them and said, "Well, we didn't mean for that to happen, I guess we'll have to live with it."

Good thing you're not hyperbolizing or anything.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:02 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:08 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera
    edited by Korny, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:15

TLW has the shortest TTK at close range, and only two things that I can think of could counter it: Hawkmoon and specials (namely shotguns). But after a day's experience, I rarely have ammo for my specials, and Hawkmoon seems to have gotten yet another nerf.

I'm not a "sky is falling" type of guy. I try to adapt to changes, but this is pretty big, given how common TLW is post-Xur. You basically have a special as a primary (ya know, besides those special primaries), and one that has crazy stopping power at close-medium range.

Hyperbole's for the other guy. ;)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:13 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

TLW has the shortest TTK at close range, and only two things that I can think of could counter it: Hawkmoon and specials (namely shotguns).

Well, and another TLW. But I agree, this gun was a problem before the patch. And rumor has it Xur is selling one this weekend, unless Bungie pulls the rug from Megaman again (sweet jebus I hope they do).

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:14 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Oh dear. Yeah... The Last Word needs a nerf. I love the gun but I'm not using it anymore 'cause my sense of fair play gets in the way. :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:18 (3318 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Oh dear. Yeah... The Last Word needs a nerf. I love the gun but I'm not using it anymore 'cause my sense of fair play gets in the way. :(

Now, let's not get carried away. I'm still using it til they pry it from my cold dead hands.
    [image]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:26 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Nothing huge. Either cause rapid fire to kick the aim up more so it can't be an instant kill at sniper ranges or lower the rate of fire by like a third making it still incredibly powerful for it's firing rate. It has more Impact that The Devil You Don't but fires twice as fast! That's just stupid.

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 02:09 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

Hyperbole's for the other guy. ;)

And largely reserved for HBO (oh wait) and 343. ;)

All of this Destiny stuff is highly amusing and interesting, though.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:00 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

it sucks to be in the middle of a firefight, switch to your secondary to finish them, then see that it's empty. You then switch back to your primary that still needs to reload, and it's just awkward. Same thing with seeing a blade dancer come at you. You switch to your shotgun, but oops, it's empty. Because not only do they hold less ammo, but ammo crates take far too long to spawn.

Also, the Heavy ammo situation. If you wait for your teammates to show up for the Heavy, then you all get a rocket headed your way because of the one guy on the other team who didn't wait, so now you are inclined not to wait... Which wouldn't be so bad if the Heavy didn't despawn on Death, but now you have to make sure to grab it or lose it altogether. I used to save Heavy ammo for Blade Dancers, but now it's not a good proposition. All I've seen in crucible today are rocket launchers in response to disappearing ammo and the quick Charlie Foxtrots that occur in the 15 seconds after a Heavy drop. And thanks to the longer timer and map icon, getting Heavy ammo is ironically not as easy or as guaranteed, because an enemy with a Super has plenty of time to make a bolt for your team, and since your team is huddled by the heavy, he's pretty uncontested all the way there. And because of the bigger focus on Rockets, Machine Guns are out of the question; you simply can't risk holding on to Heavy ammo anymore.

I saw an ammo crate and was like "thank the Nine", but then I saw that the timer on it was still at 45 seconds. That's almost a full minute without secondary ammo, unless I run to the next crate hoping that my teammates didn't grab it while I was respawning. I can get behind decreasing shotgun spam, but it feels like someone came up with a list of different ways to counter it, and someone said "perfect, implement them all!"

I'm not the Crucible master that you are, but I've had a few good games the past few weeks and now worry about how things will play out now.

I'm not happy about this:

Added incremental revive timers to Skirmish and Salvage
    Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Five seconds?! That seems insane to me.

Kermit

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:03 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not the Crucible master that you are, but I've had a few good games the past few weeks and now worry about how things will play out now.

Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Kermit

Considering Salvage and Skirmish already snowball harder than a Dota 2 ability draft, I have to agree. Maybe it's only until you revive via respawn, and it resets back to a faster time?

I hate using Light Beyond Nemesis.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:04 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that, either - but at least it'll keep randoms from reviving you WHILE YOU'RE IN THE LINE OF FIRE OF THE GUY WHO JUST KILLED YOU. I really hate that.

DON'T REVIVE ME IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA KILL HIM FIRST, DAMMIT

Relevant

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:10 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Best part is at :30.

Jeebus.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:46 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'll never complain again.

(yes, I will)

It's OK. now he'd be out of special ammo.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:37 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:19 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that, either - but at least it'll keep randoms from reviving you WHILE YOU'RE IN THE LINE OF FIRE OF THE GUY WHO JUST KILLED YOU. I really hate that.

DON'T REVIVE ME IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA KILL HIM FIRST, DAMMIT

Your response made me rethink what I wrote, and I realized I misunderstand what they're saying. I thought they were saying it would take five seconds more of them holding the revive button. I think they mean the delay is actually like the countdown timer in no respawn zones. Duh. Slightly less insane. Still don't like it, but I die a lot and tend to play crucible with randoms, meaning revives aren't as frequent as they might be with friends.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:48 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

*Shrug*

Ammo management is part of the game. Always has been. Now it's a bit more part of it. Don't like managing your ammo? Get comfortable with a high capacity primary and Invective or Icebreaker. That's what I'm doing and it's working fine so far...

The only thing different is you can't wait out the initial Heavy kerfufflel so easily. Some around here are acting like Heavy Machine Guns were not a risk vs Rocket Launchers before and now they are. No. The risk is basically the same as always. Case in point: Very often when I play with DBO groups we cluster around the heavy ammo and pick it up as soon as everyone close and interested is in range. Sure, that's more enforced now that the boxes will despawn but again I don't see it changing much of our play strategy.

I would like heavy ammo to be dropped on death again though.

Disagree.

I've gotten spammed with a lot of shotguns lately, or maybe it just feels that way, so I'm for the all of the above approach at least on an idealistic level. Just started playing so maybe I'll notice some big issue and come back to this with a reconsidered opinion. We'll see...

I kindly disagree. I like the changes.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:29 (3317 days ago) @ Korny

I played for about 2 hours last night and felt like the changes really suited my play style a lot. Here are a few reasons:

1) I love to snipe, everyone who plays with me knows it. The new ammo system makes my ability to be more accurate than my opponent all the more valuable, because I can get more kills per crate than they can. And since there are fewer crates, I can actually deny them opportunities to match me ammo wise.

2) While it was frustrating to run up to a crate to see it still had a minute on it, I also enjoy the challenge of changing tactics and adapting strategy. On those occasions I ran out of special ammo, I had to adapt, find ways to attack with my primary that were effective. Plus, with TTK on primaries being a bit slower than specials, it puts an emphasis on playing as a team, attacking enemies together. I like that.

3) I've been using HMG's for quite some time, so I already have the instinct to avoid the areas of the map with heavy rocket play. I found last night that I was still able to manage my heavy really well, multiple times still having some heavy ammo by the time the next heavy dropped. I also think that getting an extra 5 seconds really helps me get heavy more often because on certain maps, my preferred positioning isn't within 10 seconds of the drop.

I'm not saying the Crucible is perfect and get it that it's frustrating. I think a lot of good points were made, some bad ones as well, but at least for now, I enjoy the changes.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:34 (3317 days ago) @ BeardFade

I played for about 2 hours last night and felt like the changes really suited my play style a lot. Here are a few reasons:

1) I love to snipe, everyone who plays with me knows it. The new ammo system makes my ability to be more accurate than my opponent all the more valuable, because I can get more kills per crate than they can. And since there are fewer crates, I can actually deny them opportunities to match me ammo wise.

2) While it was frustrating to run up to a crate to see it still had a minute on it, I also enjoy the challenge of changing tactics and adapting strategy. On those occasions I ran out of special ammo, I had to adapt, find ways to attack with my primary that were effective. Plus, with TTK on primaries being a bit slower than specials, it puts an emphasis on playing as a team, attacking enemies together. I like that.

3) I've been using HMG's for quite some time, so I already have the instinct to avoid the areas of the map with heavy rocket play. I found last night that I was still able to manage my heavy really well, multiple times still having some heavy ammo by the time the next heavy dropped. I also think that getting an extra 5 seconds really helps me get heavy more often because on certain maps, my preferred positioning isn't within 10 seconds of the drop.

I'm not saying the Crucible is perfect and get it that it's frustrating. I think a lot of good points were made, some bad ones as well, but at least for now, I enjoy the changes.

Along with that: Assault Rifles may have gotten back some of their viability. They're still easier to hip fire than other primaries; with less shotgun ammo to go around, mid-to-close range may be more AR friendly post-patch.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:01 (3317 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Along with that: Assault Rifles may have gotten back some of their viability. They're still easier to hip fire than other primaries; with less shotgun ammo to go around, mid-to-close range may be more AR friendly post-patch.

I agree. I went back to Auto Rifles a few weeks ago and felt pretty comfy with them last night not worrying so much about shotgunners

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:00 (3317 days ago) @ BeardFade

Ooooo, so close!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:06 (3317 days ago) @ BeardFade

You'd probably be more upset if you didn't already have one, huh?

Man, you really love that map.

Ooooo, so close!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:09 (3317 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Little bit, my death came early in the match. We had the Bravo Spawn near the alpha control point. I sniped a few at B and then got ambushed by a few players coming from C. By doing so, they inadvertently flipped the spawns and I made them pay the price.

I now have an extra 25 Grimoire score.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:14 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Same! just hit 2825 :)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:35 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

..... I play too much Destiny.

Yes, you definitely do.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:40 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

I can't believe you play that much crucible. You're crazy.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:59 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:34 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But you get the PS stuff I miss out on :)

2905 :p

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 23:17 (3317 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Yup.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:43 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

Same here. I thought it was glitched cards (like Mercury) - but I still don't have that one, so now I'm not sure. :)

It may have something to due with Siege, Crota, and Mercury

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:40 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Possible coincidence, but the Siege and Crota cards show as locked on my destinytracker thing.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/xbox/Funkmon

I've completed Crota a stupid amount of times, and same for the Siege mission (which I like). I don't remember seeing these before.

These three grimoire cards add up to 25. Bingle might have just added the score for these to people, but we will still need to complete them another time to get the credit for the actual card. Not sure what that's about.

Has anyone checked this out yet?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:30 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

The game is now complete.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:05 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Although part of me wishes they'd included the egg this way.

...and we'll even be on The Reef soon!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:39 (3318 days ago) @ Kermit

Although part of me wishes they'd included the egg this way.

:)

I miss those contests...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:05 (3318 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Hey ncsuDuncan, stop having a life and come hang out with us losers again!

;p

Has someone been reading Phil Farmer?

by scarab @, Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:46 (3315 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I did not expect this at all.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:54 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Especially post Marty. That song's got some legs, I'll tell you what.

time to go to the dance floor tonight...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:55 (3318 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:34 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

I have mild color vision impairment. I can see a wide variety of colors but I can't distinguish them all as clearly as the average person. When they talked about the options for color adjustment a couple weeks back I was pretty happy, because the color-corrected picture they showed was much more readable to me than the standard color setup. I trust that the setting in question, protanopia, will make a good difference in gameplay (I've only managed about two minutes of actual combat since the update finished because XBL started having a fit), but in the gear menu it's not all coming up violets.
    Everything looks good except for uncommon/green-grade gear, the background color for it doesn't look green to me now, it's orange, similar to exotics that you can't equip. It's bad enough that I went "wait, I don't have an exotic shotgun, do I? I should be able to equip it..." and then hovered on it and saw it was a green-grade gun (I had kept it because I wanted to play around with a perk it had that none of my other weapons had).
    Looking at them side by side, the differences are more noticeable, and the tier text and the nice new locking feature make it less of a problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people using this mode go to shard a green item they just picked up, which is like a reflex for many people now, and shard an unlocked exotic because they weren't paying close attention.
    The small risk and the large aesthetic disruption (the color looks fundamentally different from what it was and frankly it doesn't look good) are why I'm saying: thank you, Bungie, but could you just adjust the uncommon-tier gear color please?
    While you're at it, the motion tracker blips look green now, which is just as valid as red, and it doesn't seem to hurt readability, but it might become a problem on Venus with all the foliage, and after months of Destiny (and months of Marathon and years of Halo) using red, it just looks wrong, so could you maybe look at that too?
    (The best option, of course, would be the ability to adjust colors independently, but I'm happy with just having options as long as I don't have to pick some part of the game to be unclear on.)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 23:45 (3318 days ago) @ General Vagueness

having had some more time to look, the radar blips actually look yellow with a slight green tinge, the sky was throwing me off; I'd still prefer red, but it's better than green

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:01 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

Vault Capacity increased to 24 Armor Slots, 36 Weapon Slots, and 24 General Slots
    Disabled gear comparison in Vault on Xbox 360 & PS3 platforms to account for additional slot memory

Meh.

Colorblind support (deuteranopia, protanopia, tritanopia) added for highly color-driven gameplay elements

Motion tracker
    Loot drops
    Shield energy
    Item categories

Shrug, but I'll have to check it out.

Audio Controls are now available in the Settings menu

Volume control
    Music toggling

Well, I wanted Music, but let's hope.

Item Lock now allows players to prevent gear and weapon items from being accidentally dismantled

Utz. I mean, I'm too sharp to accidentally delete stuff, but hey. Not like it won't
    happen.

Aww...Oh well. I'll look and see what it looks like.

Updated Thorn's first-person player feedback poison effect

???

Defensive Reflex (Don’t Touch Me) perk no longer triggers on throwing knives

Why not? It's still a melee. If not, then let's get rid of that precision damage melee bounty too.

Added Quest indicator badges to the Tower when a Quest is either completed and ready to turn in

Ummm....like the ones you already had?

Increased Crota's Bane Reputation rewards on Eris Morn's bounties

Do we have to start over?

Fixed a bug where Major Thralls had two jaws and two left hands

Wish I had seen that.

Fixed a bug where player’s equipped items did not receive experience from completing missions

Like...GUNS?

Reduced the number of Major combatants in the Valus Ta'Aurc fight

In other words, harder to get Cabal Command.

Dust Palace: Lowered the strength on the Psion Flayers' shields

Oh, come on! Ottermack let me play that one, and it was fine! We don't need shield reduction.

Vault of Glass will no longer display a highlighted activity notification despite players best efforts to remove it

???

Fixed a bug where splash damage could penetrate the Aegis bubble

THANK YOU. JE-SUS.

Shield Relic melee attacks now land Minotaurs more consistently

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the lag won't tear that apart too badly.

Improved issues associated with walking through the teleport

Oh, thank God. I think I might actually cry, that's such good news...

Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack

FINALLY. Now I can actually play that raid again.

Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer

Yep.

Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

Even better! Now I'll be a more confident swordbearer.

Greatly reduced the weighting of Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi in Control, Iron Banner, and Inferno Control playlists

I don't really see why, considering there are only literally 9 maps in the game(12, now)

Interesting--at least there won't be those stupid revive-contests where everyone's in a circle reviving each other and spamming sniper shots for kills.

Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death

No special ammo--no heavy ammo--we'll just end up staring at each other like Halo 3's 0% damage.

Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)

Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)

Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)

Wow, dude. Unbelievable...

Players can now click the left stick to hide the UI when inspecting items, for screenshotting/sharing purposes

Sweet! Sharing is caring.

Fixed an issue where Stealth Vandal audio was being suppressed by gunfire or other loud sounds

Heh heh--that can actually help. They sneak up on me all the time.

Well, there was bad stuff and good stuff. Definitely not playing Crucible any more. XD

Who else...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:06 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

...immediately locked their Gjallarhorn so it wouldn't be accidentally deleted?

Who else...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 01:37 (3318 days ago) @ bluerunner

...immediately locked their Gjallarhorn so it wouldn't be accidentally deleted?

I have three, so I wouldn't lament over one going missing.

The other night, I was almost passing out, saw that I was carrying two Ice Breakers, and for some reason decided to shard one. And it was a leveled 331. I checked the other, and it was a 300, so I was like "oops" and sharded it too...
    Sleep-deprivation has weird effects on me.

At least I still have a few more Ice Breakers, but that was... A moment for me.

The first thing that got locked for me was Hawkmoon, then a bunch of other weapons. Why can't we lock gear, though?

Who else...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 01:47 (3318 days ago) @ Korny

Why can't we lock gear, though?

Armor? We can. I locked all my exotics and raid armor.

Who else...

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 02:17 (3318 days ago) @ bluerunner

I still haven't gotten one. I was just happy to randomly get The Last Word after a Crucible match a few weeks back.

Who else...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 03:28 (3318 days ago) @ bluerunner

I literally locked every weapon and piece of armor I currently had on me. None of them were maybes, so why not just lock them all?

Played a few hours of Crucible with Breitzen

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 02:26 (3318 days ago) @ CougRon

And we actually really liked it. No more people running around with shotguns and snipers the entire time. You have to pay a little more attention to your ammo, but that's a nice change compared to before when it was surprising when you WERE out of special ammo.

Living colour

by Stuntmutt, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:51 (3317 days ago) @ CougRon

I can't tell you what a difference the colour blindness correction makes.
    It's astonishing - makes the whole game look clearer and brighter.
    There's a massive distinction between ammo types and blue/darker blue (there's no such colour as purple) engrams now. And the tracker makes so much more sense (there are different intensities of colour to indicate proximity - who knew?!)
    It's an amazing thing to have done - I wish they could make me a pair of glasses so I could see the rest of the world like this.

This explains so much about your comics

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:21 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

;)

It appears colorblindness is something radically more common than I thought. So weird.

Living colour

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:10 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt
    edited by General Vagueness, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:17

There's a massive distinction between ammo types and blue/darker blue (there's no such colour as purple) engrams now. And the tracker makes so much more sense (there are different intensities of colour to indicate proximity - who knew?!)

What, seriously? Are you talking about enemies above or below, or changing color as they get closer on the same level?
    I pretty much agree on the rest-- different drops are much easier to distinguish, plus special ammo is more visible, and heavy ammo is much more visible.

Living colour

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:31 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

It's an amazing thing to have done - I wish they could make me a pair of glasses so I could see the rest of the world like this.

I know they don't have glasses that correct colors perfectly (obviously, this would take some amazing tech), but I do have a friend that carries around a pair of these:

http://wearecolorblind.com/article/oxy-iso-glasses-review/

That's pretty damn cool

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:24 (3317 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Living colour

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:35 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Living colour

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:03 (3317 days ago) @ iconicbanana

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9759B549098D7A3D

I wonder whatever became of James Carrey.

Wish Granted - sort of.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:49 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt
    edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:52

The glasses exist, they (Context: Bungie) just aren't going to make it for you.

Wish Granted - sort of.

by Stuntmutt, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:29 (3317 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Whoa. I seriously might have to get some of those.
    My daughter tried to 'teach' me colours by holding up her felt tips and telling me their names. To explain why that wouldn't work, I ran this photo through the Vischeck simulator. To me, these are identical. My daughter said, 'oh daddy, you see the world all grey and sludgy.' The difference I'm seeing in the corrected game colours, I have a nasty feeling she's right...

[image]

If you do...

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:47 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Whoa. I seriously might have to get some of those.

...please come back and give us feedback. :)

Wow. That's a dramatic example.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:58 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Also, this Vischeck thing is neat. Looking at the following, I can sorta see how deuteranopia impacted your comic's color palette:

[image]
    [image]

Great Scott!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:00 (3317 days ago) @ CyberKN

Also, this Vischeck thing is neat. Looking at the following, I can sorta see how deuteranopia impacted your comic's color palette:

[image]
    [image]

That's one hell of a catch.

And suddenly it all makes sense. ;)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:07 (3317 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by Stuntmutt, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:21 (3317 days ago) @ CyberKN

Heh. Those also look the same to me. So I'm not sure what point it's proving. I do remember emailing Claude once to ask him what colour the Flood were...

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:24 (3317 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Heh. Those also look the same to me. So I'm not sure what point it's proving. I do remember emailing Claude once to ask him what colour the Flood were...

And I told you - hot pink.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:31 (3317 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

[image]

So, going for what looks like a different shade ends up being a different color. Amazing.

One thing they apparently fixed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:15 (3316 days ago) @ CougRon

The 4th Horseman:

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread