My Prediction on raid weapon upgrading (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 04:48 (3318 days ago)

My prediction:

Bungie adds two new items to the loot pool of the raids, the vex thingamabob, and the hive thingamajigger.

These items work like the crux, in that they drop from their respective bosses. Unknown if there will be harder versions of the raids in order to get these drops, or if they will just drop in the current ones.

To upgrade a raid weapon, you use the appropriate item plus some materials or whatever. Bam. 365 version.

What about Exotics, then?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 05:43 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Same as now, but only the last 3 nodes reset

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:12 (3318 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

My Prediction on raid weapon upgrading

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:12 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm going to go with Xur selling the upgrades for the cost of 7 strange coins + ~7,000 glimmer. These will be randomized per week also and work exactly like the current Exotic upgrades... just in another slot.

Hopefully these will just reset the last 3 damage slots and the last couple of armor upgrades for both Raid and Exotic weapons.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:19 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

If we really are getting a new social space perhaps we will also get a new Agent(s) of the Nine? The Queen and her brother seem to know a lot more about them than the Guardians do...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:50 (3318 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If we really are getting a new social space perhaps we will also get a new Agent(s) of the Nine? The Queen and her brother seem to know a lot more about them than the Guardians do...

I was thinking along these lines, too. A new social space, and a new fancy upgrade vendor.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:35 (3318 days ago) @ Mid7night

I could definitely see a new vendor that acts like Xur. My problem with Cody's idea is that there are currently too many currency options as is. I'd hate having to carry around yet another random drop to upgrade a weapon/armor

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:54 (3318 days ago) @ unoudid

I could definitely see a new vendor that acts like Xur. My problem with Cody's idea is that there are currently too many currency options as is. I'd hate having to carry around yet another random drop to upgrade a weapon/armor

It's not my idea. I would hate to see that happen. But that's my guess as to what WILL happen.

I'd love to see Xur in the reef...

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:08 (3318 days ago) @ Mid7night

...carrying different wares on different days than he is available now. It would fix some of the "go get item X from Xur" quest problems where you have to wait for him to show up for days.

I'd love to see Xur in the reef...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 13:23 (3317 days ago) @ slycrel

...carrying different wares on different days than he is available now. It would fix some of the "go get item X from Xur" quest problems where you have to wait for him to show up for days.

The first time I got that quest, it was a freaking Sunday. I threw a fit. I was like "Could I just kill a ton of guys intead?"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread