Titan Armor..... Fashion Advice (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 20:12 (3317 days ago)

I just started my first Titan last night. I was finally able to add all of the items to the vault so I could delete my second warlock without losing too many pieces (still lost some good weapons).

Anyway... I really like the simplicity of the basic armor you start with. It's non bulky and looks fairly decent in general. Once I hit level 20 am I going to be stuck with really bulky armor? Or are there some legendary/exotic pieces that will not force me to look like a transformer?

You'll have slim options.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 20:31 (3317 days ago) @ unoudid

[image][image]
[image]

Only if you play a female

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Thursday, April 16, 2015, 05:04 (3317 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I think he was asking...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 12:51 (3317 days ago) @ Dagoonite
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 12:59

...do all of the high level armor variants look like this?
[image][image][image]

And I would argue even with my exo male titan, I can still achieve a smooth, trim profile, even if his body build is more Tight-End then Corner-Back.

[image]Note: this is only an approximation of banana's titan's appearance.

That said: yes, you can look downright skinny with a female.

[image]

I think he was asking...

by Penthesilean, Friday, April 17, 2015, 12:34 (3316 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I was pretty bummed out at a lot of the bulk when I created my Titan. So far the IB gauntlets have been my go-to. No Back Up Plans look amazing, and are my favorite look by far. The Queen shaders (Rosegold) are a must.

Titan Armor..... Fashion Advice

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 11:51 (3317 days ago) @ unoudid

I just started my first Titan last night. I was finally able to add all of the items to the vault so I could delete my second warlock without losing too many pieces (still lost some good weapons).

Anyway... I really like the simplicity of the basic armor you start with. It's non bulky and looks fairly decent in general. Once I hit level 20 am I going to be stuck with really bulky armor? Or are there some legendary/exotic pieces that will not force me to look like a transformer?

The only piece that is slimming, is the shield shoulder/armlets, I forget the name of them. When I had them on my female titan I felt almost naked with them.

No Backup Plans?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 11:58 (3317 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They look terrible on femtitans though IMO

No Backup Plans?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 12:28 (3317 days ago) @ someotherguy

They look terrible on femtitans though IMO

Yeah... they just look weird with other armor. Also, the color.

Titan Armor..... Fashion Advice

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 13:07 (3317 days ago) @ unoudid

My personal favorite style of armor is non-bulky with lots of spikes. This also looks much better on a female titan though. Which is why I liked the legendary armor that has all the blades on them.

Nothing complements a shoulder/knee charge like a giant ass blade sticking out of your knee and shoulder

Here's my Titan, FWIW.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:04 (3315 days ago) @ unoudid

Link to profile.

A bit linebacker, but I like how Ruin Wings bring the look together.

And mine is a fireman with a billy club.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, April 18, 2015, 23:10 (3314 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

haha ready for the Russian winters, eh comrade?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 01:56 (3314 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

haha ready for the Russian winters, eh comrade?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:44 (3314 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It gets cold on the moon and mars too, so I'm prepared for those places too. But I sweat my balls off on Venus and Mercury. Too bad they don't have shorts.

OOOoooooooooooooohhhhhh, new armor type, kilts!!!!

Kilts are hot!

by scarab @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:28 (3314 days ago) @ red robber

And also over-warm. I don't think you'd get much relief in a hot climate. But, hey, this is all make-believe so: kilts are cool too.

And Bungie would have to get it's kilt physics perfect - we don't want anything clipping through the kilt that shouldn't clip through the kilt. And jumping up on things better be safe for work. :-)

Is there any way to associate armor abilities with a trim?

by scarab @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:40 (3314 days ago) @ unoudid

What I mean is... instead of locking armour abilities to a specific piece of armour... associate those abilities with a look or style that can be applied to different pieces of armour. Something noticeable but that doesn't completely dominate the look of the armour.

Or Bungie could make look variants of each piece and let you pick the variants that fit well with each other.

Of course, the simplest thing would to be to not worry about looks. Just swap the abilities of one piece that you own with another piece that you own - all without touching the look at all.

But, I suppose, in PvP - people might rely on recognizing what someone is wearing so that they know what abilities to expect from them.

Is that an issue any-more? Are there so many combinations that they are hard to keep track of or do people look for what kit people are wearing and adjust accordingly?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:06 (3314 days ago) @ scarab

Of course, the simplest thing would to be to not worry about looks. Just swap the abilities of one piece that you own with another piece that you own - all without touching the look at all.

But, I suppose, in PvP - people might rely on recognizing what someone is wearing so that they know what abilities to expect from them.

Is that an issue any-more? Are there so many combinations that they are hard to keep track of or do people look for what kit people are wearing and adjust accordingly?

I think if they lock exotic perks to exotic armor but let you shuffle legendary and below armor abilities, this could work. The only reason I even think the exotic caveat is necessary is the for the Helm of Saint 14. If you see a Titan with a mohawk drop a bubble, you know stepping into that bubble is a bad idea. :p

-Disciple

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:51 (3314 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The only reason I even think the exotic caveat is necessary is the for the Helm of Saint 14. If you see a Titan with a mohawk drop a bubble, you know stepping into that bubble is a bad idea. :p

This one specific example is literally the only decent argument against Transmog exotics, and they could fix it by making the bubble itself have an alternate appearance.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:33 (3314 days ago) @ CyberKN

The only reason I even think the exotic caveat is necessary is the for the Helm of Saint 14. If you see a Titan with a mohawk drop a bubble, you know stepping into that bubble is a bad idea. :p

This one specific example is literally the only decent argument against Transmog exotics, and they could fix it by making the bubble itself have an alternate appearance.

I think it would be cool. You have fake helms that don't blind you, and normal helms you do More mind games.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 17:07 (3314 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I don't see the problem. Stepping into a Titan's bubble is always a bad idea. :)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 19, 2015, 17:28 (3314 days ago) @ Ragashingo

2 days ago I managed to melee kill a Titan inside his own bubble. That's a dragon I'll always chase now.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 18:08 (3314 days ago) @ ZackDark

2 days ago I managed to melee kill a Titan inside his own bubble. That's a dragon I'll always chase now.

You were just playing a bad, bad Titan. That should rarely happen (unless there are a lot of you, or unless he's using weapons of light inside his bubble).

Probably Weapons of Light

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 19, 2015, 18:28 (3314 days ago) @ Claude Errera

He was wielding a shotgun, though, so it might've been lag too.

Yeah, so...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2015, 19:11 (3314 days ago) @ ZackDark

He was wielding a shotgun, though, so it might've been lag too.

...he was a bad, bad Titan. ;)

(WoL is fantastic for upping your damage - but there's ZERO value to staying IN the bubble after the initial placement - you get no buff at all, but you're a sitting duck for supers/shotguns/etc. If you're going to use WoL, you place your bubble, take up position NEAR it, then dip in as your buff fades. If you stay inside, you WILL die quickly.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread