So, that Prison of Elders image from the reveal schedule... (Destiny)

by Dan de Board @, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 18:33 (3317 days ago)

[image]

It looks like there's Fallen architecture mixed with Hive barnacles and crystals. As far as I'm aware, this seems to be the first we've seen of the mixing of two species environments. Judging from the crazy looking Servitor in the next room, perhaps it's a Hive-infected Servitor?

Kinda looks like a Flood infested High Charity

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 18:40 (3317 days ago) @ Dan de Board

- No text -

Agreed

by R41, Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:53 (3316 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Oh, sorry. This is starwars.disney.net.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 18:40 (3317 days ago) @ Dan de Board

You should post this at destiny.bungie.org ;)

So, that Prison of Elders image from the reveal schedule...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 18:48 (3317 days ago) @ Dan de Board

[image]

It looks like there's Fallen architecture mixed with Hive barnacles and crystals. As far as I'm aware, this seems to be the first we've seen of the mixing of two species environments. Judging from the crazy looking Servitor in the next room, perhaps it's a Hive-infected Servitor?

Either that or the fallen have found a way to take control of sections of the Hive for their own use. It could be that the servitor is managing a group of Hive.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:26 (3317 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I noticed the hive barnacles & crystals too. I believe we will see the fallen & hive going after each other on the moon (or maybe further out in the solar system between the reef & jupiter?). I'm not so sure about the hive-infected servitor. It looks more super-angry than infected to me.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:29 (3317 days ago) @ dogcow

I noticed the hive barnacles & crystals too. I believe we will see the fallen & hive going after each other on the moon (or maybe further out in the solar system between the reef & jupiter?). I'm not so sure about the hive-infected servitor. It looks more super-angry than infected to me.

I think Cayde says the prison of elders is in the reef...maybe the Queen is holding more than just Fallen captive? And hopefully (hopefully) we get some unique models/AI for new enemies.

Edit: damnit, t1g3r. Too fast for me.

Prison of Elders

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:28 (3317 days ago) @ Dan de Board

With Cayde-6's quip about the fallen having found the Prison of Elders, I was surprised to see Fallen Architecture. I assumed it was some kind of human prison for captured Fallen. The mixture of Hive barnacles in the image just gives me more questions. Are we going to the prison to stop the Hive? Are they working with the Fallen to release more of the Elders?

Damn! You beat me to it by a minute!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:30 (3317 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Prison of Elders

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:47 (3317 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

With Cayde-6's quip about the fallen having found the Prison of Elders, I was surprised to see Fallen Architecture. I assumed it was some kind of human prison for captured Fallen. The mixture of Hive barnacles in the image just gives me more questions. Are we going to the prison to stop the Hive? Are they working with the Fallen to release more of the Elders?

It might have been a pre-existing prison or other facility that the queen and her Awoken repurposed into a prison for rebellious or otherwise problematic Fallen, and maybe individuals from other species that caused trouble for the Reef.
It could also be something you encounter on the way to the Prison of Elders. People found a Fallen ship (and a ground facility?) hidden on the Moon some time ago that was supposedly tied to this DLC, that seems like a prime candidate.

Prison of Elders

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:49 (3317 days ago) @ General Vagueness

It might have been a pre-existing prison or other facility that the queen and her Awoken repurposed into a prison for rebellious or otherwise problematic Fallen, and maybe individuals from other species that caused trouble for the Reef.
It could also be something you encounter on the way to the Prison of Elders. People found a Fallen ship (and a ground facility?) hidden on the Moon some time ago that was supposedly tied to this DLC, that seems like a prime candidate.

There's a strike(?) set on the moon where you hunt down a fallen ketch; I think that's what those areas were for.

Exactly

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:07 (3316 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Is it confirmed the screenshot is from the Prison of Elders? My first guess would be from a new mission/Strike.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread