Xur's crap: Mk. 44, Alpha Lupi, Skull, MIDA, chest engram. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 07:57 (3319 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Friday, April 24, 2015, 08:01

Funkmon's opinions:
----------
MIDA Multitool is a good gun. I never use it, but a lot of people like it.

Buy
----------
Skull of Dire Ahamkara is a good helmet. Perks work well together for voidwalker, but not as good as Obsidian mind. But, if you need to be 32 for IB and lack a Crota helmet, pop this bad boy on. Roll's great, plus extra intellect.

Buy
----------
Chest Engram. Buy it if you need a chest, but make sure not to waste too many precious motes, as Iron Banner is coming soon.

Meh
----------
Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi is decent. Most of the hunter armor is better than this, but Crest is very useful on nightfalls and things where revives need to happen fast, and where other perks from DTM, Symbiote, or 3rd Man become less useful.

Meh
----------
Mk. 44 Stand Asides. Literally the worst exotic in the game. If you buy these and have fewer than 60 strange coins you should be put in jail.

BURN
----------
In the crucible room.

I'M ON THE LAM

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 24, 2015, 08:15 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Meh
----------
Mk. 44 Stand Asides. Literally the worst exotic in the game. If you buy these and have fewer than 60 strange coins you should be put in jail.

In my defense, Shoulder Charge is really, really fun, and basically the entire reason my Titan exists.

Still terrible.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 08:20 (3319 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Wearing those Stand Asides is like working at McDonald's instead of an accounting firm because you like the schedule flexibility and free Chicken McNuggets once they fall on the floor.

Still amazing.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:06 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Stand Asides + MIDA with maxed agility = bullet train of deadly knee delivery.

I'm not saying they're useless.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:16 (3319 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'm just saying they're far and away the least useful exotic piece in the entire game. Things you're missing out on to use them are MUCH better, even Ruin Wings in PvP.

It's like a world where you can only have one camera, and you pick a camera that only shoots through a 2400 mm focal length telescope.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:32 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

While some abilities might be better, if one has less fun with them, they're really worse.

Le shrug.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:42 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm just saying they're far and away the least useful exotic piece in the entire game. Things you're missing out on to use them are MUCH better, even Ruin Wings in PvP.

It's like a world where you can only have one camera, and you pick a camera that only shoots through a 2400 mm focal length telescope.

That's all entirely subjective.

If my favorite activity in the entire game is running around in PvP and kneeing guardians in the face for a OHK, then the Stand Asides are far away the MOST useful exotic piece in the game.

Yes, in that obviously contrived situation.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:46 (3319 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

But that's actually me

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 24, 2015, 09:52 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

When it comes to my Titan, at least.

But that's actually me

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:21 (3319 days ago) @ RaichuKFM
edited by Funkmon, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:26

You're telling me that you have more than one exotic piece and you wear these boots most of the time in PVP, or even a plurality of the time?

You say no to the second grenade from the armamentarium, you say no to Skullfort and its extra perk freedom, the double extra perks from inmost light, the shield and fast melees of No Backup Plans, and so on and so forth, so you can use a shoulder charge, not hard to use by any stretch of the imagination, slightly easier?

But that's actually me

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:30 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

You're telling me that you have more than one exotic piece and you wear these boots most of the time in PVP, or even a plurality of the time?

You say no to the second grenade from the armamentarium,

No, I wear that too much, actually. I really like the extra grenade, but because raid boots are easy to get and their perk is extra heavy ammo, the extra heavy ammo perk on armamentarium is wasted. It doesn't stack. Because of this, the only real perk is the extra grenade, and a tad more special ammo, but I have armor that does that too...

you say no to Skullfort and its extra perk freedom,

That helmet is a piece of shit for my style.

the double extra perks from inmost light,

Same thing, I understand what it offers, but it doesn't fit my build because I don't play to my super.

the shield and fast melees of No Backup Plans, and so on and so forth, so you can use a shoulder charge, not hard to use by any means in the normal game, slightly easier?

I think you underestimate how many of wreck shit using shoulder charge. Titan melee is the worst of all the classes (surprisingly) compared to blink strike hunters and warlocks that essentially have shotguns strapped to their arms. Shoulder charge being a one hit kill is the only balance we have.

But that's actually me

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:35 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yes. Literally yes.

With my Titan, I use the Mark 44s 100% of the time.

I've had the Helm of Inmost Light, I have Armamentarium, and I use the Stand Asides because they're friggin' hilarious. They look nice with Sunsetting, the flavor text amuses the hell out of me, it's much easier for me to land Charges with the extra seconds, and it is so much fun.

Would I do better with an extra grenade but less Shoulder Charge duration? I dunno. But that's not the point.

But that's actually me

by Penthesilean, Friday, April 24, 2015, 12:04 (3319 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

In the Tight Maze o' Doom on the Moon, I once killed 16 people in a row without firing a single shot! A couple of them got irritated...

Right?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 17:17 (3318 days ago) @ Penthesilean

Had a game on that map once, pardon the pun, but I was flying around kneeing so many fools felt more like Titanfall than Destiny.

Well, to each their own. Some people like Necco wafers, too.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:20 (3319 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

Whoa, pump the brakes. Those green ones are awesome.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:32 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Okay, now who's making up contrived situations

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 18:12 (3318 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

But that's actually me

by Penthesilean, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:59 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

I have all three characters at 32, own every exotic weapon and armor in the game (except the necro), and I exclusively use the Stand Asides in PvP. 100% of the time. It's so much fun that giggle fits are frequent. I'm operating under the delusion that I'm supposed to have fun.

Just thought I would add that, because you are coming across as off-puttingly critical.

I maxed all Exotics for the Titan ages ago...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 24, 2015, 12:10 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

And the Stand asides are my go-to exotic in PvP, because they're clearly the most actively useful.

One extra grenade a minute or two is Whatevs,
Blinding Bubble depends on enemies coming into it and somehow not jumping out, While only coming into play once or twice per match.
Ruin Wings only come into play if you grab Heavy,
Quick revives only work in certain playlists,
And the FoH perks only come into play twice per match.

Stand Asides are useful the second you spawn, don't depend on any specific situation to be useful, and add hilarity and fun...

Objectively speaking, their consistent usefulness makes them the best PvP exotic.

But that's actually me

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 14:27 (3317 days ago) @ Funkmon

You say no to the second grenade from the armamentarium, you say no to Skullfort and its extra perk freedom, the double extra perks from inmost light, the shield and fast melees of No Backup Plans, and so on and so forth, so you can use a shoulder charge, not hard to use by any stretch of the imagination, slightly easier?

For the record I found I incredibly hard to use and so I have not used it since week 2 of the game. I guess maybe I should try it again. I really hate the distracting blue white colors in the screen though. Same reason I don't use that shield option.

That is not contrived at all! Really

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:34 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

SOLD!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 24, 2015, 13:34 (3319 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

It's not just fun, it's a good strategy!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 13:38 (3319 days ago) @ Kermit

It's not just fun, it's a good strategy!

by ProbablyLast, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:08 (3319 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Great video showing just how useful the Saint-14 is.

Ha! He wasn't actually wearing them.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:12 (3319 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Great video showing just how useful the Saint-14 is.

Imagine what sort of monster he'd be if he did. Helm on a striker though? Gotta respect his commitment to fashion.

Ha! He wasn't actually wearing them.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:19 (3319 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Wouldn't make much of a difference since he knew the timing and controlled his engagements. Probably ran the helm for the intellect boost.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:23 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm just saying they're far and away the least useful exotic piece in the entire game.

^^Soooo subjective. For me there are much, much worse pieces of armor, such as No backup plans.

It all comes down to your style.

Don't make me call you Cody Jr.

Snap.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 13:42 (3319 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Don't make me call you Cody Jr.

That's as cold as this hilariously relevant video:

No, I really don't think so.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:14 (3319 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You guys are acting like they are required for shoulder charge. They aren't, and if you keep an eye on your motion tracker, you will literally never need the extra time.

Iconicbanana, for example, is posting videos of a guy wrecking shop with shoulder charge and helm of St. 14.

If your play style is melee, then shoulder charge the hell out of people, by all means, but under no circumstances do these crappy boots help very much.

Yeah, I actually agree with Funk on this.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:19 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:28

You guys are acting like they are required for shoulder charge. They aren't, and if you keep an eye on your motion tracker, you will never need the extra time.

Iconicbanana, for example, is posting videos of a guy wrecking shop with shoulder charge and helm of St. 14.

If your play style is melee, then shoulder charge the hell out of people, by all means, but under no circumstances do these crappy boots help very much.

I'm only here to condone using shoulder charge and to post hilarious videos. I think you're all crazy. You don't need the boots if you have situational awareness. Don't make Funk feel like this guy!

BEEN SAVING THIS ONE FOR SOMEONE WHO WASN'T CODY! ALL OF MY VIDEOS HAVE BEEN RELEVANT TODAY! YES!

Yeah, but, I suck? So they help lots

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:21 (3319 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:22 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

You guys are acting like they are required for shoulder charge. They aren't, and if you keep an eye on your motion tracker, you will literally never need the extra time.

Right, and that's what I'm trying to get you to acknowledged.

They aren't the worst piece of armor in the game.

They CAN be the worst piece of armor for YOU, though.

If No backup plans works for you, great, but for me, they are ass-tastic.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:34 (3319 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Right, and that's what I'm trying to get you to acknowledged.

They aren't the worst piece of armor in the game.

They CAN be the worst piece of armor for YOU, though.

If No backup plans works for you, great, but for me, they are ass-tastic.

Yeah I even use the Radiant Dance Machines in Crucible pretty often because they let you strafe much faster while aiming, but most hunters I talk to think they're worthless.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, April 24, 2015, 15:26 (3319 days ago) @ Xenos

Radiant Dance Machines + MIDA + Felwinter's Lie + Blink = one hell of a good time.

The first words of the thread were "Funkmon's opinions."

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:54 (3319 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

I thought Ruin Wings didn't work in PvP?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 15:20 (3317 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Why is no one doing it

by Earendil, Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:04 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Fine, I'll do it

Wearing those Stand Asides is like working at McDonald's instead of an accounting firm because you like the schedule flexibility and free Chicken McNuggets once they fall on the floor.

That was HILARIOUS. I laughed. Like, out loud. It was the floor bit that broke me :)

I use Mk. 44 all the time in Rumble. CHARGE!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, April 24, 2015, 08:40 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Xur's crap: Mk. 44, Alpha Lupi, Skull, MIDA, chest engram.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:27 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yeah, this is a pretty bad week from Xur.

I GOT IT!!!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:57 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:11

Bought 2 exotic engrams, and the first one I decrypted spat out a Lucky Raspberry, AKA "The only piece of Exotic armor I was missing". Add that to the Necrochasm I got last night (!!!) and I now have every exotic item in Destiny!

Weapons are all max level and fully upgraded. Armor is all max level, just need to finish upgrading the last couple pieces.

Can I get a gold star or something? ;p

I GOT IT!!!

by petetheduck, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:09 (3319 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Can I get a gold star or something? ;p

[image]

PERFECT!!!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:12 (3319 days ago) @ petetheduck

Lol, thanks Pete :)

I GOT IT!!!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:12 (3319 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lucky Raspberry is the last piece I'm missing. I spent all my motes last time and ended up with 4 Crest of Alpha Lupi for my titan and an extra set of Voidfangs.

Pardon me, coming through.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:05 (3319 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yup, I need to remember to hop online this weekend to buy these. My titan is missing them & the Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread