Q&A Stream with Marty & Michael (and others) (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 27, 2015, 03:19 (3297 days ago)

Q&A Stream with Marty & Michael (and others)

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, April 27, 2015, 04:07 (3297 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, just watched it. Good stuff!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 27, 2015, 04:25 (3297 days ago) @ biggy

Yeah, they got some interesting questions. Great to see Marty and Mike laughing together despite the changes in the team.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 27, 2015, 12:41 (3297 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, they got some interesting questions. Great to see Marty and Mike laughing together despite the changes in the team.

Haven't had the chance to watch the vid yet, but it was obvious to me at PAX that they are still close friends who hope to work together again.

Re: Music of the Spheres

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:09 (3297 days ago) @ Leviathan

Wow, it got quiet there for a second...

When they were asked if we will ever hear Music of the Spheres, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet for about 5-10 seconds. Mike then said, "Here's the only thing I think I can say about that - I don't know; and I think Marty can say even less." Marty indeed did not say a single word.

This makes me a little sad. Obviously the fact that we still haven't heard anything about it does not bode well, but I have still kind of been expecting that at some point this year there would be some kind of agreement that would result in the album being released. Still a possibility I guess, but it's not sounding good.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:12 (3297 days ago) @ Speedracer513

When they were asked if we will ever hear Music of the Spheres, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet for about 5-10 seconds. Mike then said, "Here's the only thing I think I can say about that - I don't know; and I think Marty can say even less." Marty indeed did not say a single word.

This makes me a little sad. Obviously the fact that we still haven't heard anything about it does not bode well, but I have still kind of been expecting that at some point this year there would be some kind of agreement that would result in the album being released. Still a possibility I guess, but it's not sounding good.

It's going to be the SMILE of the video game soundtrack world (which is hopeful if we don't mind waiting a few decades).

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:14 (3297 days ago) @ Kermit

It's going to be the SMILE of the video game soundtrack world (which is hopeful if we don't mind waiting a few decades).

I would be willing to wait decades if it was as good as BWPS.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:23 (3297 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That was actually an almost forty-year wait. For my sake and for Marty's, let's hope it doesn't take that long.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:29 (3297 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, April 27, 2015, 13:36

That was actually an almost forty-year wait. For my sake and for Marty's, let's hope it doesn't take that long.

To be fair, Marty is not a musician in the agoraphobic-hermit vein, so your chances are probably much better for MotS.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:31 (3296 days ago) @ iconicbanana

To be fair, Marty is not a musician in the agoraphobic-hermit vein, so your chances are probably much better for MotS.

I'd be happy with just getting a physical release of the basic soundtrack in the meantime...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:34 (3296 days ago) @ Speedracer513

At Game Audio Con, which was after he was fired, he said very matter of factly that we WILL get a release of music of the spheres in the future.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:41 (3296 days ago) @ Cody Miller

At Game Audio Con, which was after he was fired, he said very matter of factly that we WILL get a release of music of the spheres in the future.

It's very plausible that things could have changed since then. I suspect this issue is one of the main points of negotiation post-breakup and in the midst of lawsuit(s) (at least one that we know of). I remain optimistic. But at the same time, as a lawyer myself, it's not hard to see why it might not happen.

That could actually be good news

by Earendil, Monday, April 27, 2015, 20:57 (3296 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Mike then said, "Here's the only thing I think I can say about that - I don't know; and I think Marty can say even less." Marty indeed did not say a single word.

This makes me a little sad. Obviously the fact that we still haven't heard anything about it does not bode well [...]

All that means is that the lawyers are still working out the details. That it hasn't been settled doesn't mean we won't get it. Perhaps there is large disagreement in the settling of it, which would be bad for fans and consumers, but the fact that they didn't say anything at all does not mean that things are going in a negative direction. In fact it means that things are still going, and one side hasn't won and decided to sit on the winnings.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread