So I got my first Exotic from a Raid... (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 00:07 (3277 days ago)
edited by RaichuKFM, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 00:15

Well, I mean, first Exotic from a Raid, not that my first Exotic was itself from a Raid.

The Hard Mode Ir Yut fight brought me Gjallarhorn.

Thank you, guys.

[Insert maniacal laughter here]

Not Me.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 00:31 (3277 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I'm saving my maniacal laughter for Vex Mythoclast. That way everyone in my Raid group will tremble, realizing they've made a huge mistake.

It will never be

by Raflection, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 00:52 (3277 days ago) @ Morpheus

I really want mythoclast but .. I've never ran a raid I don't play long enough each day to be able to wrangle the players to carry me through it :(

I play sporadically due funny work hours so I don't play the same times each time I play.

I guess i'll be holding out for some sweet HoW loot once it drops

It will never be

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 01:06 (3277 days ago) @ Raflection

I really want mythoclast but .. I've never ran a raid I don't play long enough each day to be able to wrangle the players to carry me through it :(

I play sporadically due funny work hours so I don't play the same times each time I play.

I guess i'll be holding out for some sweet HoW loot once it drops

You can get the mythoclast in under 20 minutes (well, 5 minutes if you get lucky). Go to lfg.net, filter by Vault, Hard mode, Atheon. Post "32 Hunter, mic, max weapons" or whatever. Everyone is so good at the fight now that you should be able to do it even if you don't have Vault weapons. It might even be good to commit suicide so that you don't get teleported.

This explains a lot about our raids together. ;-)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 03:49 (3277 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

It will never be

by Raflection, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 09:02 (3277 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

But I don't have a mic :/

I'll get mythoclast (& chatterwhite + Gally) eventually it seems lol

Are you sure its "lfg.net" this comes up with a financial group site lmao

destinylfg.net

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 10:05 (3276 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Why not use the DBO fireteam builder?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11:27 (3276 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Exactly.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:25 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

Unless perhaps you're playing on the PS3, no DBOer should have much of a problem finding people to play with.

When the FTB was built, it changed my game completely.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:23 (3276 days ago) @ Kermit

Initially, I just played solo or with a few friends I had held over from Halo 2/3. I never figured I'd do a raid more than a couple times.

Then that thing allowed me to ruin literally dozens of others' experiences with my 200 ms ping and incredible lag 3 days a week. What a game changer!

by Raflection, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:28 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

Problem with fire team building is I never no when I'm playing next. Sporadical playing times :\

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:14 (3276 days ago) @ Raflection

Problem with fire team building is I never no when I'm playing next. Sporadical playing times :\

This is the main benefit of lfg for me. You can do any end game activity when you have a spare 30 mins.

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:30 (3276 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Same for me. I use the DBO Fireteam builder 99% of the time these days, but DestinyLFG.net is great for those times when you find yourself jumping online with no notice and want to group up real quick.

Another thing that helps is building up a large friend list. I've got over 100 people on my PSN friends list now, most of whom I met through DBO or playing Destiny. Any time I jump online, I have anywhere from 20-30 friends who are already playing Destiny. Makes it easier to put groups together :)

Everything changed when the FTB attacked.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:30 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:40 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

200 ms ping

Wut?

Geez, no wonder you're always dropping out and having lag issues. WTF is your connection?

Sprint Cellular I believe.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:00 (3276 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

That was a slight exaggeration. Speedtest.net results [IMG]

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:13 (3276 days ago) @ stabbim

[image]

For those using Lynx browser, it's a 52ms ping, 7.93 megabits down, 8.11 megabits up. I might have a big packet loss issue, but IDK how to test that on my phone.

I'm on Sprint.

Do they have a pingtest.net app for phones?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:27 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

Pingtest on the web gives you better info on latency and connection quality.

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:32 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

ping:42 ms
Upload: .89
Download: .66

Ask unoudid how aggravating playing against me in crucible can be.

Oh, I remember. That Burning Shrine game was amazing.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:36 (3276 days ago) @ Up North 65
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 19:01

I adopted this attitude of shooting you twice then assuming you were dead. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It was fun!

Also, are you sure that connection is megaBITS? Because that's slow as heck.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:36 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

I might have a big packet loss issue, but IDK how to test that on my phone.

Heh, if you're on a cellular connection, you almost certainly do.

It looks like an Android phone so you could install this if you want, and ping things yourself!

How do I use the terminal to test packet loss?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:37 (3276 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

How do I use the terminal to test packet loss?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:40 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

You can just ping a site from it, after you end the ping it'll tell you your packet loss. Should go without saying, but unless you do a really long test you won't get a % that is necessarily representative.

3 minute test: 0% packet loss.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:55 (3276 days ago) @ Xenos

But I remember when Narc was checking my connection to his mumble server, I had like a 20% packet loss.

I must be doing something weird.

Oh well, my cell phone internet proves to be inexplicably robust today.

3 minute test: 0% packet loss.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:54 (3276 days ago) @ Funkmon

It can vary depending on WHAT the packets are - Narc might have been measuring packet loss on the actual running application's communication. Ping packets are very small, unless you set them not to be. smaller things sometimes get through more reliably. Also, being a cell connection, it probably varies in quality a lot.

So I got my first Exotic from a Raid...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 00:55 (3277 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Very happy for you!

So I got my first Exotic from a Raid...

by Monochron, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 03:12 (3277 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

My inventory was full at the time, but I'm guessing that's the encounter I got this Abyss Defiant from. Next time I'm sure we'll take down Crota.

I am always glad to see people get Gjallarhorns!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 05:32 (3277 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Gakhlarrrhorrrn

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread