Some thoughts on Trials. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:03 (3282 days ago)

Apologies if any of these were hashed out in the big thread, I was out of town for work yesterday and working through that thread is taking too long. So:

-I'm a little disappointed that radar was included. It takes away a lot of the advantages a truly organized team would have with flanking; if there wasn't radar, you'd really have to communicate enemy/team position, whereas now radar is basically your 4th man.

-This format is pretty similar to GoW3's execution mode; also reminds me a bit of Counter Strike, although that game is far more objective based (bomb planting forces your hand there, and one team plays offense and the other plays defense; the zone capture forces the hand here). Wonder if that paves the way for some kind of ESL/MLG foray into Destiny further down the road?

-Getting tired of deathmatch-only modes of competitive play.

Trials: Execution

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:11 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Can't we get a fun sparrow race gametype? maybe if you fall off your sparrow you restart at a checkpoint/loading zone.

I am getting tired of the deathmatch gamestypes. I need some CTF in my life... or grifball

Some thoughts on Trials.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:12 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

-Getting tired of deathmatch-only modes of competitive play.

That was all I needed to see during the reveal to know this mode will go mostly untouched with me. (I'll of course try it out and help my friends when they want to play)

I DO LIKE ultra-competitive modes, when they are objective based. I know the MLG's and SchoolyD's of the world don't feel that way, but there is just something so much more satisfying about a high stakes CTF game than a game of Slayer to me. Fighting off the other team AND tying to hold an objective, THAT is a challenge.

One caveat though- I do like elimination style game play when it comes to slayer, but that's predicated on Radar being off. It makes it more tense. Does not having radar lead to cheap kills at times? Yeah, I guess. But it's also a GREAT equalizer for skill levels. Those underdog moments when a less skilled player walks up behind a high skilled player for a melee to the back, resulting in an insta kill? Fucking, glorious, and humbling.

Destiny still has yet to be what I want when it comes to pvp. PvE is getting better though, so that's good.

Motion tracker helps with camping, probably.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:21 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's probably their rationale on that one, since it's a one life thing, they want to make sure people aren't just setting up a tent.

I think that's a problem, but not because of radar.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:27 (3282 days ago) @ Funkmon

It's probably their rationale on that one, since it's a one life thing, they want to make sure people aren't just setting up a tent.

It's a problem because there's no objective. They even anticipated camping: that's why they have the zone capture spawn in after 2 minutes. If they shortened that time and removed radar, I don't think camping would be a constructive way to play, and definitely not conducive to winning.

Say they made the zone capture worth 2 rounds? Then the team that actually was attempting to capture it would be rewarded, and the team that just set up to deny could only get 1 point at best because they'd have to eliminate the other team before they could ever counter capture. It would work that way with or without radar.

Objectives help with camping

by Durandal, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:04 (3282 days ago) @ Funkmon

I did play the COD elimination modes back in the day, and the objectives are what make camping untenable, not motion trackers.

In pure deathmatch, the campers would hole up in spots that provided maximum advantage and wait, knowing enough noobs would come that their team would build up a 2-4 person advantage.
With objectives you could of course pop smoke on the bomb and run in, set it and leave some C4 and sometimes pull off a single person win. It at least forced campers to be in areas with overwatch on the objective.

Bungie is smart to include that.

I personally prefer objective game types, mostly because Clash has too many cheap "I spawned behind you" kills and players are more mindful of spawn control in control.

Objectives help with camping

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:39 (3282 days ago) @ Durandal

I personally prefer objective game types, mostly because Clash has too many cheap "I spawned behind you" kills and players are more mindful of spawn control in control.

I have to say, for the most part, this happens to me WAY less than it did in Halo... but last night I had one pretty egregious example. We were on Firebase Delphi, I think, and I spawned in a line of fire. Not right in front of a guy who started shooting at me... but IN A HAIL OF BULLETS that had been going from the enemy to one of my teammates, but stopped going to the teammate because they started killing me. I was below 50% health before my feet actually hit the ground. I died before I could turn more than 90 degrees. (He was behind me. I was dead before I could LOOK at him.)

That's never happened before. I've been spawned in front of someone, occasionally - but if you're quick, and lucky, you can duck behind cover before it ends, and maybe someone else can distract the guy. This was... worse. :)

It's a legitimate strategy!!!!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:38 (3282 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I was discussing this with some people yesterday

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:00 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I am pretty sure the radar is to make the rounds last a little bit longer. With radar a single person has a little bit of an advantage when their teammates are dead. I appreciate it because it will mean there are more exciting turn arounds like were seen in the stream a couple of times.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:07 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

I am pretty sure the radar is to make the rounds last a little bit longer. With radar a single person has a little bit of an advantage when their teammates are dead. I appreciate it because it will mean there are more exciting turn arounds like were seen in the stream a couple of times.

If you spawn on the outside of Shrine, you have a huge advantage if there's no radar. The sun bloom really hides you from view. The advantage is real even WITH the radar. Without, it'd be a nightmare, especially since you don't switch sides.

Without radar invisible hunters would just be everywhere.

I guess that means....

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:31 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you spawn on the outside of Shrine, you have a huge advantage if there's no radar. The sun bloom really hides you from view. The advantage is real even WITH the radar. Without, it'd be a nightmare, especially since you don't switch sides.

The only way to be super ultra mega competitive is to disable supers and abilities.

Also gun perks.

Also armor perks.

All players start each mach with the armor they have on when they are initially found by their ghost at the start of the game.

BR Starts for everyone.

Sign me up...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:39 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

The only way to be super ultra mega competitive is to disable supers and abilities.

Also gun perks.

Also armor perks.

All players start each mach with the armor they have on when they are initially found by their ghost at the start of the game.

BR Starts for everyone.

....Guardian-117, reporting for duty.

Sign me up...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:39 (3282 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm game for this also.

I would play this.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:40 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Y'all make me sick

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:54 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

You shouldn't want to play Destiny like that though (Ok, maybe just supers disabled) because then it would be a bland and boring as what Halo turned into during it's MLG hey-day, or as I like to think of it "Captain Bland's monotonous adventure".

The variety of armor and weapons in destiny are what keep it playable, even if there is a severe lack of gameplay modes.

Destiny also shouldn't have vehicles, or vehicle focused combat, because then it might as well be Halo.

SIDE THOUGHT: What if there was a game mode (maybe FFA style, with Juggernaut\fiesta influences) where your player is dropped into a match with essentially no armor, no perks. Players have to fight over loot chests that give temporary\timed pieces of exotic armor or weapons. You're a hunter, a chest spawns in the middle of the map, you fight off the other players for it and the chest rewards you with a Gjallerhorn and don't touch me for 1 minute, you get a chance to wreck house. Items are automatically applied to your character out of convenience.

-or-

Another mode where all players start with no armor, but there are timed random chests scattered around the map. Players have to fight\race to collect a FULL set of armor for their character before their opponents, and then eliminate them. The more armor you get, the tougher you are to take down. If you go down the player that killed you gets the items (like head hunter) or they could get killed and it resets etc. Chests are smart enough to give you armor for your class, so you don't have a titan getting a warlock leg or something.

I'm just spit balling here. Destiny pvp is powerfully bland to me.

Y'all make me sick

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:03 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Destiny also shouldn't have vehicles, or vehicle focused combat, because then it might as well be Halo.

You keep using this phrase as if it were a bad thing. It's not. And I don't really see how you could convince me otherwise.

Y'all make me sick

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:08 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

You keep using this phrase as if it were a bad thing. It's not. And I don't really see how you could convince me otherwise.

I miss Halo.

I want to play Halo right now.

But I won't get the MCC on principal. It's a broken game that should not be, and that behavior should not be rewarded with my money.

But I don't want Destiny to be Halo. I want Destiny to be what it was advertised to be 4 years ago, with wide open worlds and much more to do. I also don't want Destiny's PvP to be Halo's PvP. It needs to be its own. As it is now, as a whole, it's not bad and it handles very well. It just lacks variety in the game mode department. If it had better objective, I'd play it. If it had a BTB slayer mode, I'd play it.

This 3v3 and 6v6 stuff is bullshit. Having Destiny on last gen consoles really holds back it's potential. I fully expect Destiny "2" to shine way better, but I still don't want it to be Halo.

Y'all make me sick

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:25 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Bungie spent the better part of a decade iterating and figuring out what did and didn't work in Halo's Multiplayer. I don't understand why they decided to toss all that knowledge and research out the window and start fresh with Destiny (I suspect it's because the core gameplay team has slowly trickled out of the studio over the years), but they did, and IMO Destiny is worse for it.

And don't even get me started about cutting forge and custom games.

On a different note, I have been thinking about hosting semi-regular Custom games nights on 360 for a while. I should get on that and create a FTB event...

Y'all make me sick

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:42 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

Bungie spent the better part of a decade iterating and figuring out what did and didn't work in Halo's Multiplayer. I don't understand why they decided to toss all that knowledge and research out the window and start fresh with Destiny (I suspect it's because the core gameplay team has slowly trickled out of the studio over the years), but they did, and IMO Destiny is worse for it.

And don't even get me started about cutting forge and custom games.

On a different note, I have been thinking about hosting semi-regular Custom games nights on 360 for a while. I should get on that and create a FTB event...

Heh. I see it as the opposite. To me, Destiny is made of all the lessons learned from a decade of Halo and is better for it. I love not spawning with a peashooter and having to scramble for a real gun. I love the flow and structure Control provides to classic Slayer. I love that snipers are given away by their scopes and can't just cloak off in a corner and rain death completely unseen and unfindable.

The lack of custom games is unfortunate. The lack of a constantly string of ugly maps I am unfamiliar with and suck at? Not so much. :)

Y'all make me sick

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:35 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm guessing because they didn't want to make Halo again.

Then buy MCC used

by Hoovaloov, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:54 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I miss Halo.

I want to play Halo right now.

But I won't get the MCC on principal. It's a broken game that should not be, and that behavior should not be rewarded with my money.

Then you should buy MCC used on eBay for $25-30. Win win.

Ha!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:56 (3282 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

Ha!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:58 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

$33 on amazon, new.

But... that defeats the entire purpose - you buy it new, you reward the company that made it with income! Hoov was providing a solution that allowed Rev to play the game, but not violate his principles. It's not about the $3.

Or is it!? Everyone has a price, after all. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:00 (3282 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Ah, that makes sense.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:04 (3282 days ago) @ Claude Errera

$33 on amazon, new.

But... that defeats the entire purpose - you buy it new, you reward the company that made it with income! Hoov was providing a solution that allowed Rev to play the game, but not violate his principles. It's not about the $3.

I guess you could buy it used for less on Amazon, then? I think I saw $20 on there. But yeah, ebay sounds good. You can have your broken game and subsidize some poor soul that got rooked for full price!

Y'all make me sick

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:34 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've played both. Destiny is superior. Halo is very dated in terms of the multiplayer design. Destiny looks better, feels better, is faster, and has more options for players. The only downside is that it's slayer only.

I say this with some jest

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:34 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Would the armor automatically be equipped, because those of us on older gen consoles would never be able to equip that gear given the 30 second load screens in the middle of a match.

I say this with some jest

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:45 (3282 days ago) @ BeardFade

Would the armor automatically be equipped, because those of us on older gen consoles would never be able to equip that gear given the 30 second load screens in the middle of a match.

My thinking is it would autocratically apply to you, like picking up body armor in GoldenEye64.

There is a lot of potential in Destiny for more than just plain 'ol deathmatch and king of the hill.

I guess that means....

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:46 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Also gun perks.

Also armor perks.

BR Starts for everyone.

No double jumps.

No sprint.

No grenades.

Sword spawns in the crow's nest.

I guess that means....

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:31 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Also gun perks.

Also armor perks.

BR Starts for everyone.

This is what people like Schooly have wanted, but I think the game would be much more boring. There's nothing uncompetitive about supers and different weapons. Both sides have those tools to use to their advantage. Of course, not having access to guns because of a fucking stupid RNG based acquisition system is anti-competitive, but if everybody could select from the same pool of guns there'd be nothing wrong with that.

I guess that means....

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:56 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Also gun perks.

Also armor perks.

BR Starts for everyone.

This is what people like Schooly have wanted, but I think the game would be much more boring. There's nothing uncompetitive about supers and different weapons. Both sides have those tools to use to their advantage. Of course, not having access to guns because of a fucking stupid RNG based acquisition system is anti-competitive, but if everybody could select from the same pool of guns there'd be nothing wrong with that.

I know and that is exactly what I DON'T want it to be. My post is in jest. It would be boring as hell. Halo was at it's best for me when there wasn't one gun to rule them all, like the BR.

I know CE had THE hand cannon to rule them all, but picking up a Plasma Rifle and slowing down an opponent to get the smack down kill was niiiiice. Eventually, the alien weapons played second fiddle to the human ones. This is a whole different conversation, but what I'm trying to get at is that in Destiny, there are several weapons that dominate in the PvP space for sure, but at least there isn't ONE that is better than all the rest. (Everyone has their opinion naturally, but for the most part you don't see EVERY player using say, the same vendor handcannon etc)

I think back to quake and unreal and there were iconic weapons for sure, but I never gravitated to one all the time for every situation. Of course I had favorites, but I could put them down and pick something else.

I'll say it like this: Having Destiny play with stripped skills and supers is just like only playing Smash Bros on Final Destination, no items.

Boring.

If people want to play one thing over and over and over again, that would be great for custom gam- oh wait. We don't have those.Yet? Then again, Destiny MP as it is NOW is the same thing over and over again sooooo...

I guess that means....

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:10 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I know and that is exactly what I DON'T want it to be. My post is in jest. It would be boring as hell. Halo was at it's best for me when there wasn't one gun to rule them all, like the BR.

Which is why Halo Reach is best Halo.

I don't know how to respond to this except through anger.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:12 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:15 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:18 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:20 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:27 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

I can't tell if this is a combo breaker or not.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:30 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I'm terrible at fighting games.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:32 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Is the new one any good?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:34 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

It looked fun to me:

Is the new one any good?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:36 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It looked fun to me:

The game is great, but the Xbox One controller SUCKS for fighting games IMO. The bumper buttons are the real problem.

But the game itself, yeah it's a lot of fun.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:31 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

If this was supposed to be a point against Halo Reach it failed for me, I loved armor lock duels :-D

Agreed, Reach wasn't my favorite but I enjoyed that.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:31 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Armor Lock FTW!!!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:35 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

New exotic Titan Helmet idea

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:53 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ricochet: Ward of Dawn reflects damage back in a random direction.

It has two toggle-able upgrade nodes (so you can't use both at once)

Node 1: Return to sender : Any bullets bounce off the bubble in a somewhat random direction. Can damage the person that originally shot, but not others.

-or-

Node 2:I'm rubber, you're glue : Any opponent that activates a super against the ward of dawn has it reflected back. (Blade dancers can't run in, Striker Titan's bounce and fly off hilariously, Nova Bombs come back, etc)

TRADE OFF: Ward of dawn still takes damage like it normally would, so it doesn't last forever. So for example if a Warlock fires a nova bomb at the bubble, the bubble will reflect it back, but also collapse like it usually would. Hunter fires golden gun? The shots bounce off, but the bubble still falls on the last one (or less if it had already taken damage). Striker Titan and Blade dancer try to throw themselves at it, they fly backwards, bubble still breaks.

(I'm picturing a Striker titan going in for the kill, and getting launched a bajillion feet in the air the other direction at ludicrous speeds LOL )

:P

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:58 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hunter fires golden gun? The shots bounce off, but the bubble still falls on the last one (or less if it had already taken damage).

Purely informational note: it only takes 2 golden gun shots to take down a bubble :)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:58 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Node 1: Return to sender : Any bullets bounce off the bubble in a somewhat random direction. Can damage the person that originally shot, but not others.

-or-

Node 2:I'm rubber, you're glue : Any opponent that activates a super against the ward of dawn has it reflected back. (Blade dancers can't run in, Striker Titan's bounce and fly off hilariously, Nova Bombs come back, etc)

TRADE OFF: Ward of dawn still takes damage like it normally would, so it doesn't last forever. So for example if a Warlock fires a nova bomb at the bubble, the bubble will reflect it back, but also collapse like it usually would. Hunter fires golden gun? The shots bounce off, but the bubble still falls on the last one (or less if it had already taken damage). Striker Titan and Blade dancer try to throw themselves at it, they fly backwards, bubble still breaks.

(I'm picturing a Striker titan going in for the kill, and getting launched a bajillion feet in the air the other direction at ludicrous speeds LOL )

Wow, this sounds seriously terrible. Overpowered to the max! "I can make a bubble that protects the people on the inside, and the only tools you have to BREAK that will actually work against you."

No thanks. ;)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:04 (3282 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Wow, this sounds seriously terrible.

YEAH WELL I HATE THE BANDS THAT YOU LIKE

Overpowered to the max! "I can make a bubble that protects the people on the inside, and the >only tools you have to BREAK that will actually work against you."

No thanks. ;)

Lol I don't think so, it's one or the other and isn't inherently stronger. So if I have this, and I choose to use it to block supers, it can block ONE super, ONE time. (It still takes damage, it just sends the blast back). Someone can still run in and shotgun me, or stab me, or shoot it with a gun and it will take damage like it normally does.

How often do you get to user your super in a match anyway? One or two times average?

If I have it set to block weapon fire, a super will still destroy it, someone can still run in and stab me, shotgun me, etc.

Sounds more fair than armor lock! C'mon!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:05 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Claude is right: the whole point behind supers being good is that there exist counters, usually in the form of other supers. An unpoppable bubble would just be game breaking.

Not unstoppable

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:38 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is as stoppable as the current bubble. Except the occupants don't die as often.

Not unstoppable

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 01, 2015, 04:48 (3282 days ago) @ ZackDark

It is as stoppable as the current bubble. Except the occupants don't die as often.

But that gives the edge in what should be an even fight to the bubble-holder. And not an edge... a pretty massive advantage. (They live... their enemy, who just expended a super, dies.)

All the super did was knock the bubble down - no real damage - and the cost is your life, AND your super. That's ridiculous. (I mean, you can certainly die using your super poorly - but to die BY DESIGN is far worse.)

Hmm

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 01, 2015, 05:38 (3282 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What if the "Give them back their bomb" node was not an option? What if stuff simply bounced off the bubble (like a pebble would a rock)?

Sure, your Nova could still bounce back to you, but it's take an unlucky shot to do that.

Not unstoppable

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 01, 2015, 10:46 (3282 days ago) @ Claude Errera

But that gives the edge in what should be an even fight to the bubble-holder. And not an edge... a pretty massive advantage. (They live... their enemy, who just expended a super, dies.)

All the super did was knock the bubble down - no real damage - and the cost is your life, AND your super. That's ridiculous. (I mean, you can certainly die using your super poorly - but to die BY DESIGN is far worse.)

I should clarify that it has a *chance* to come back and hit the player that launched it, just like armor lock, it depends on the angle in which it was launched. So having a direct reflection would require you to hit the dome a a pretty specific angle, not to mention the variable of the player's position WHEN the used their super to where they are when it bounces back.

So, Armor lock, you shoot a rocket at someone who is locked and *usually* it flies off in a different direction somewhat harmlessly (sometimes hilariously not).

Lol, this stuff is fun to talk about and no, I don't actually think Bungie would re-tread an ability like this given how much people hated AL in Reach.

Literally the worst concept that I have ever heard...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 01, 2015, 10:30 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

-or-

In any game. Ever.

Take the most broken aspect of the game, and break it even more! That'll go over well!

What's next, a chest that makes you invincible and triples the duration of the Blade Dance?

I hope Jackie's rats give you rabies.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 01, 2015, 10:50 (3282 days ago) @ Korny

In any game. Ever.

Take the most broken aspect of the game, and break it even more! That'll go over well!

What's next, a chest that makes you invincible and triples the duration of the Blade Dance?

Sure! Why not?

(Titan bubble is broken as it is now? I don't play enough pvp to know....)

I don't know man, you're the one who JUST BOUGHT AN XBONE and MCC after ripping on everyone who already had one from your PS4 throne, so maybe you're the one with rabies, or some other brain infection.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 11:34 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988

In any game. Ever.

Sure! Why not?

I don't know man, you're the one who JUST BOUGHT AN XBONE and MCC after ripping on everyone who already had one from your PS4 throne, so maybe you're the one with rabies, or some other brain infection.

[image]

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 01, 2015, 11:59 (3282 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by Korny, Friday, May 01, 2015, 12:05

In any game. Ever.

Sure! Why not?

45 seconds of nigh invincibility on a capture point, only counter-able by a couple of Supers? Pretty borked.

I mocked the poor chumps that opted for an XBONE over the vastly superior PS4. That we exploited loopholes to get a stupidly cheap Xbone a year after release is a completely separate thing... Heck, if anything, I'd say it's a sign of brainwave...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:32 (3281 days ago) @ Korny

In any game. Ever.

Sure! Why not?

45 seconds of nigh invincibility on a capture point, only counter-able by a couple of Supers? Pretty borked.

I must suck then. I have a few memories of plopping a bubble on a point, then getting swarmed by 3 people and getting killed. Granted, I could usually take one or two of them with me, but still.

I mocked the poor chumps that opted for an XBONE over the vastly superior PS4. That we exploited loopholes to get a stupidly cheap Xbone a year after release is a completely separate thing... Heck, if anything, I'd say it's a sign of brainwave...

OH ho ho NO you don't get to rationalize it like that after being the mega-doucher you've been to those poor folks.

It doesn't matter that you got it for "stupidly cheap" you STILL spent money on it, you didn't get it for free [insert homer simpson logic "I'd be stupid NOT to buy it" here]. The point is you were a dick to a lot of people about it and now that you have one (regardless of reason) you should eat some humble pie.

I mean, I want one and I want Halo but I also know it still doesn't work as advertised so I'm not going to give them my money for a broken product, even if it was 1/2 of the original asking price. That would be going half343!

The difference is you made fun of other people for buying one instead of a PS4 and yet you guys bought one too ; but I (and others) didn't make fun of anyone for their choice though we wanted both, even though the PS4 is still clearly the better console at time of writing this.

I'll admit it, that it bothers me just a tiny bit that you are mostly going to slide under the radar with this when what you really deserve is to have a bunch of people give you a hard time about it.

[image]

Visualized for the reading impaired.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:35 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I must suck then. I have a few memories of plopping a bubble on a point, then getting swarmed by 3 people and getting killed.

Was that the humble pie or the nobody caring? *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:44 (3281 days ago) @ iconicbanana

:p

^ This.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:45 (3281 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Whenever I drop a bubble in PvP I feel like I've just called in for an orbital strike on my location. Those GG's & Nova Bomb jerks just love to ruin my fun. What does the bubble counter? Nothing, it's just a target, especially because when you get your super pretty much everyone else has theirs too. That's not to say that it can't be useful, it can, but it's still a big old target.

My changes to the exotic idea:
1- bullets bouncing off, I think this is fine & needs no change. Who shoots a bubble with their guns anyway?
2- supers & such bouncing off? Too much. Instead it should absorb all damage done by the super & guarantee that you won't die when your bubble is popped.

^ This.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:53 (3281 days ago) @ dogcow

Doesn't it mostly do this already? A bubble will (generally?) protect you from a Nova Bomb, will block two Golden Gun shots, and offers great protection vs Radience. Sure, the bubble is a great big target, but nothing says you have to stand on the bullseye. I get a lot of kills after a Striker has nuked my bubble with me safely off to the side.

Bubbles should feel super, not vulnerable.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:58 (3281 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Doesn't it mostly do this already? A bubble will (generally?) protect you from a Nova Bomb, will block two Golden Gun shots, and offers great protection vs Radience. Sure, the bubble is a great big target, but nothing says you have to stand on the bullseye. I get a lot of kills after a Striker has nuked my bubble with me safely off to the side.

I thought a nova bomb would kill you if you were in your bubble when it hit, perhaps I'm mistaken. Also, can't a GG over-penetrate a bubble with the "keyhole" perk?

About all I feel a bubble is good for is blocking gunfire from a specific direction as standing in your bubble is a sort of death wish in PvP. I guess it comes down to this for me, a bubble just doesn't feel super like other supers, instead if feels vulnerable.

A bubble would feel more super and less vulnerable if it was mobile.
Perhaps a perk could be a mobile, weaker, and shorter-lived bubble; moving it would cause it to disappear even faster. The potential of a short lived rolling ball of shotgun death sounds super fun! I don't see it being any more powerful than a blade dancer. You'd see the giant purple pac-man a mile away, and you could run away from the mobile bubble, you can't really run away from a blade dancer.

I wish there was a little more dimension to a bubble, and it wouldn't take much to make it more interesting. Bouncing back gunfire could be one, pushing enemies out of the way when it's dropped is another, or even slowing down movement (similar to how a poison cloud slows you down). I imagine these would be tied to exotics.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:23 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

In any game. Ever.

Sure! Why not?

I must suck then. I have a few memories of plopping a bubble on a point, then getting swarmed by 3 people and getting killed. Granted, I could usually take one or two of them with me, but still.

You need to use Armor of Light. You can get stuck, run back into your bubble, and survive mostly unharmed. You NEED to get swarmed simultaneously by at least three people with shotguns to get killed... Or you really do suck. It's a possibility...

OH ho ho NO you don't get to rationalize it like that after being the mega-doucher you've been to those poor folks.

It doesn't matter that you got it for "stupidly cheap" you STILL spent money on it, you didn't get it for free [insert homer simpson logic "I'd be stupid NOT to buy it" here]. The point is you were a dick to a lot of people about it and now that you have one (regardless of reason) you should eat some humble pie.

I mean, I want one and I want Halo but I also know it still doesn't work as advertised so I'm not going to give them my money for a broken product, even if it was 1/2 of the original asking price. That would be going half343!

The difference is you made fun of other people for buying one instead of a PS4 and yet you guys bought one too ; but I (and others) didn't make fun of anyone for their choice though we wanted both, even though the PS4 is still clearly the better console at time of writing this.

I'll admit it, that it bothers me just a tiny bit that you are mostly going to slide under the radar with this when what you really deserve is to have a bunch of people give you a hard time about it.

[image]

No idea why you keep drawing attention to it. You act as though I threw our PS4s away and started playing it instead. All of my prior statements are still valid, and I never said that I'd never buy one... It's not a big deal, especially nothing to get butthurt about.

For what it's worth I've literally put about an hour into it since I bought it, so there's that...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:29 (3281 days ago) @ Korny

No idea why you keep drawing attention to it. You act as though I threw our PS4s away and started playing it instead. All of my prior statements are still valid, and I never said that I'd never buy one... It's not a big deal, especially nothing to get butthurt about.

For what it's worth I've literally put about an hour into it since I bought it, so there's that...

Because if I don't, who will!!?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!?

I just enjoy giving you a hard time when you deserve it :)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:42 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

When I deserve it? Given the huge bugs I'm running into, I'd say that I've been exonerated...

PS4 5Ever

As usual, me win. And with that, I retire undefeated. ^_^

At risk of poking the bear...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:44 (3281 days ago) @ Korny

When I deserve it? Given the huge bugs I'm running into, I'd say that I've been exonerated...

PS4 5Ever

...all I can think of:

[image]

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:52 (3281 days ago) @ Korny

See, and that's what I don't understand, is that it's still a fucked up product. Even if you bought it at 50% off, you still bought a broken product, with money. If you got it used thought craigslist or something, I can kinda see that as better, because you're subsidizing some schmuck's bad buy, but if you bought it thought a retailer, MS gets that money.

They don't deserve that money, they didn't earn it.

PS4 5Ever

I believe that you believe in your mind that you are a winner.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:57 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I believe that you believe in your mind that you are a winner.

Keep in mind, Korny likes to make such statements directly after getting slaughtered in the Iron Banner... I don't think he's ever made said those words in earnest ;)

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 01, 2015, 16:11 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Signiature Perk: Nope.
Ward of Dawn doesn't grant Armor, Blessing or Weapons of Light, but cancels and Supers active inside of it (maybe allies too, for balance). Could still be broken by a Nova Bomb, Gunslinger, FoH from outside or a Bladedancer Shockwave, but Bladedancers would have to stay outside, Voidwalkers couldn't suicide Nova. More hilariously, FoH would just stop mid-smash as soon as the Titan entered.

Not gamebreaking I think, as anyone inside would be much more vulnerable to Normal attacks than they are with Armour/Blessing, but it would make for a different bubble game than the current "See bubble, use Super" approach that we have now - you'd be better off dropping in from above or going for the melee kill/sticky grenade etc.

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 01, 2015, 17:57 (3281 days ago) @ someotherguy

Signiature Perk: Nope.
Ward of Dawn doesn't grant Armor, Blessing or Weapons of Light, but cancels and Supers active inside of it (maybe allies too, for balance). Could still be broken by a Nova Bomb, Gunslinger, FoH from outside or a Bladedancer Shockwave, but Bladedancers would have to stay outside, Voidwalkers couldn't suicide Nova. More hilariously, FoH would just stop mid-smash as soon as the Titan entered.

Not gamebreaking I think, as anyone inside would be much more vulnerable to Normal attacks than they are with Armour/Blessing, but it would make for a different bubble game than the current "See bubble, use Super" approach that we have now - you'd be better off dropping in from above or going for the melee kill/sticky grenade etc.

This one sounds pretty cool. I'd find it super-frustrating as a striker who doesn't always do a great job of pinpointing his landing zone... but that's my problem, not a weakness in the idea. :)

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 01, 2015, 18:02 (3281 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If they do start introducing ideas like this I think they need to identify perks to viewers (maybe even to some of the perks they already have like blinding bubbles and extra GG shots).

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 01, 2015, 18:10 (3281 days ago) @ Xenos

If they do start introducing ideas like this I think they need to identify perks to viewers (maybe even to some of the perks they already have like blinding bubbles and extra GG shots).

Heh. We had a discussion the other night about potential misinformation campaigns; a striker who wears a Helm of Saint-14, for example, and simply hangs out in his teammate's defender bubble. Enemies will be loathe to come in, because it'll look like a blinding bubble - even if it's not. :)

And every once in a while, I get killed by a sneaky-sneaky hunter who fires 3 golden gun shots, then pauses. I make the wrong assumption that he doesn't have the 4th shot, step out to kill him, and eat that 4th bullet. I'm usually annoyed - but at myself, for being fooled, not at the system for not giving me enough info. ;)

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 01, 2015, 18:12 (3281 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And every once in a while, I get killed by a sneaky-sneaky hunter who fires 3 golden gun shots, then pauses. I make the wrong assumption that he doesn't have the 4th shot, step out to kill him, and eat that 4th bullet. I'm usually annoyed - but at myself, for being fooled, not at the system for not giving me enough info. ;)

Don't get me wrong, nothing makes me happier than popping a bubble with Symbiote and surprising the enemy team by having two shots instead of one :)

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 20:02 (3280 days ago) @ Claude Errera

While the match is loading, check out the enemy team via the inspect player option. Should give you an idea if any of them can fire 4 shots :-)

Nullifier Helmet Idea

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, May 03, 2015, 09:50 (3280 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Aldo good for checking what kind os Sunsingers (self-res or not) and Bladedancers (invisible or unkillable) you're up against.

YES!!!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:12 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

Seriously. LOVED Halo Reach. Every gun was useful and powerful, no single weapon dominated the sandbox. It was a thing of beauty :)

I'll give Bungie this:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:20 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

They learned from the whole Bloom™ fiasco.

So. Much. Rage.

I'll give Bungie this:

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:22 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

So. Much. Rage.

I STILL don't understand the problem with bloom. not to drag it back up again... lol

It made perfect sense to me, it worked perfectly well, and the game was ruined when they removed it. Bloom kept the DMR and needle rifle in check at long range, preventing them from becoming the power weapon that the BR was in Halo 2/3.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:43 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

+2

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:47 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I'll give Bungie this:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:59 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So. Much. Rage.

I STILL don't understand the problem with bloom. not to drag it back up again... lol

It made perfect sense to me, it worked perfectly well, and the game was ruined when they removed it. Bloom kept the DMR and needle rifle in check at long range, preventing them from becoming the power weapon that the BR was in Halo 2/3.

The problem with bloom is that it introduced a random element into an equation that previously had none. Thus, Rage.

If the concern was that the weapon was killing too quickly at range, there's already variables that could have been tweaked to account for that. Personally, I would have lowered the RoF.

For Destiny, Bungie did the next best thing: Adding the upwards reticle drift that was present on the Pistol in ODST.

I'll give Bungie this:

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:09 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:12

The problem with bloom is that it introduced a random element into an equation that previously had none. Thus, Rage.

This is the exact argument that always gets used against bloom, but it doesn't make sense to me. Your bullet always landed within the reticule. The size of the reticule was changing, but it changed in a predictable way and the bullet always landed inside that little circle. Just like every reticule in every Halo game ever. There's nothing random about it.

If you boot up Halo 3, equip a BR, and stand far enough away from a target that their head fills up half of your reticule, then you might hit them, you might not. Your weapon is not accurate enough to guarantee the hit at that range.

Bloom was the exact same thing. If you let your reticule shrink until your target filled the circle, you would hit them. 100% guaranteed. If you pulled the trigger while your reticule was larger, and your target didn't fill the circle, then your weapon wasn't accurate enough to guarantee the hit at that time. Same "random" element that happens in any Halo game.

I'll give Bungie this:

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:12 (3282 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This is the exact argument that gets used against bloom, but it doesn't make sense to me. Your bullet always landed within the reticule. The size of the reticule was changing, but the bullet always landed inside that little circle. Just like every reticule in every Halo game ever. There's nothing random about it.

If you boot up Halo 3, equip a BR, and stand far enough away from a target that their head fills up half of your reticule, then you might hit them, you might not. Your weapon is not accurate enough to guarantee the hit at that range.

Bloom was the exact same thing. If you let your reticule shrink until your target filled the circle, you would hit them. 100% guaranteed. If you pulled the trigger while your reticule was larger, and your target didn't fill the circle, then your weapon wasn't accurate enough to guarantee the hit at that time. Same "random" element that happens in any Halo game.

And I liked it more since it meant when someone was in my face my pistol could kill them much faster.

I'll give Bungie this:

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, May 03, 2015, 09:58 (3280 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That's still a random element, and it allowed someone firing faster to get shots randomly land on target regardless of reticle (reticule?) size, "outshooting" someone with a better, more precise aim.

I dont personally know if thats a problem for me, but I think that was the issue?

I'll give Bungie this:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 20:57 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

If the concern was that the weapon was killing too quickly at range, there's already variables that could have been tweaked to account for that. Personally, I would have lowered the RoF.

And then you bork killing ability ad mid range. Bloom was an excellent solution. It's essentially selective rate of fire that scales with distance. I remember doing insane snipes with the pistol in the Reach beta because I timed the shots for when the bloom went down.

I'll give Bungie this:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 20:59 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And then you bork killing ability ad mid range. Bloom was an excellent solution. It's essentially selective rate of fire that scales with distance. I remember doing insane snipes with the pistol in the Reach beta because I timed the shots for when the bloom went down.

Didn't most DMR loadouts have the pistol/AR as a secondary? Just use that for mid-range.

I'll give Bungie this:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, May 01, 2015, 16:39 (3281 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Putting gameplay aside, I liked the idea of bloom being irrelevant to a super soldier. Then again, I liked halos slow movement because walking tanks (and also for many other reasons - vehicle value probably being the biggest)

True. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:44 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Hear, hear!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:13 (3281 days ago) @ Xenos

Reach is my deserted island Halo. Gameplay-wise, it has the most variety, and for the most part it is a greatest hits package of the best of the other Halos--it's a culmination of everything Bungie learned.

I even liked the (much maligned by loud people on the internet) story--the cracked visor gets me every time. I never forget how I felt when I first played that last level, when I realized that there would be no more respawns and this life was all I had. It was genius--it underscored the gritty realism of the game--something less prevalent in previous Halos--and was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to the series.

That was one helluva last level.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:15 (3281 days ago) @ Kermit

I never forget the way I felt when I first played that last level, when I realized that there would be no more respawns and this life was all I had. It was genius--it underscored the gritty realism of the game--something less prevalent in previous Halos--and was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to the series.

It's the sort of story-telling the medium of vidya can deliver where other mediums can't.

No, they all use Thorn instead

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 01, 2015, 15:47 (3281 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:01 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

I think that runs both ways though; radar makes it harder for a single player to escape as well, because the other team knows where he is. It would definitely lead to more camping; you'd need an objective to force a single player to revive his team or at the very least give up his position.

No radar would play very differently than the way crucible currently plays, but it could definitely give the opportunity for some exciting turn arounds (both of which would, to me, be a good thing).

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:04 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I think that runs both ways though; radar makes it harder for a single player to escape as well, because the other team knows where he is. It would definitely lead to more camping; you'd need an objective to force a single player to revive his team or at the very least give up his position.

No radar would play very differently than the way crucible currently plays, but it could definitely give the opportunity for some exciting turn arounds (both of which would, to me, be a good thing).

Well in the situation of a single player being left on a team, not knowing where the other team is can cause them to stay put and hope to catch them off guard (and build up a super) and vice versa. But if you KNOW the team is to your right and a teammate's corpse is to the left you know exactly what you should do. And there will be an objective if people camp too much, once the timer runs out a control point shows up, which if you capture you win.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:10 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:49

Well in the situation of a single player being left on a team, not knowing where the other team is can cause them to stay put and hope to catch them off guard (and build up a super). But if you KNOW the team is to your right and a teammate's corpse is to the left you know exactly what you should do. And there will be an objective if people camp too much, once the timer runs out a control point shows up, which if you capture you win.

There are certainly going to be scenarios where radar benefits the last man, as there are just as likely going to be times it hurts them. My concern with radar is really, I think, a matter of preference; it'd be fun to have more inferno in the game for me, as it in general leads to different play, which I enjoy.

As for the objective, lord I'd love for it to be more important. The 'two rounds for a capture' idea really appeals to me; it adds an enjoyable level of risk/reward that doesn't really exist in anything but salvage (and even then, it's still better to retake then to go in first for a relic). Having it spawn after 30 seconds or a minute would really take this mode in a different direction from almost all crucible modes.

How about the "5-to-win"? I find that excessive

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:48 (3282 days ago) @ iconicbanana

If my team is clearly inferior to the other, I prefer to just lose it at once.

If we are on-par with each other, the match could go as high as 9 rounds, which might feel dragged-out (and Supers would tip the balance too damn much the longer it is dragged-out, Warlocks with full Intellect would possibly dominate).

If we are clearly superior, I'd feel bad for the other team, which could rage-quit, mind you, to save time. And I think my networking has enough problems as it is without people dropping all the time.

How about the "5-to-win"? I find that excessive

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:19 (3282 days ago) @ ZackDark

I disagree, but that's just my opinion.. I think 5 is a great number. It's enough that if you're off to a rocky start you get a chance for a comeback, which everybody loves. And if you're stomped, you're done in about 10 minutes, same length as a normal crucible match. 3 games seems short to me and that people might be more inclined to quit after losing 2 quick ones.

I guess I'll have to wait and see

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 19:58 (3282 days ago) @ BeardFade

I was under the assumption the round would be longer than intended (or I'm comfortable with) when people get good at it. In hindsight, it might not be true.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread