What I want to know most about House of Wolves is... (Destiny)

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:39 (3284 days ago)
edited by Mariachi, Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:49

...will Dinklebot talk to us again?

I actually liked his voice acting, and I was sad that he didn't have any presence in the Dark Below missions. It was a bit of a disconnect for me to hear someone else talking.

And for that matter, how are they speaking to us, lore-wise? Is there some kind of long distance communication device in our helmets? The other times the tower personalities speak to us while we are "in the field" make sense to me to a degree. The Patrol bounties are pre-recorded and stored on the bounty beacons scattered around the different location. The speeches before the missions are pre-recorded mission briefings or they might be communicating through our ships. But Eris talking thoughout the Dark Below missions seems out of place to me. How is she speaking to us, much less see what we are seeing, and her speech seems to indicate she can see what we see.

What I want to know most about House of Wolves is...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:45 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

...will Dinklebot talk to us again?

I actually liked his voice acting, and I was sad that he didn't have any presence in the Dark Below missions. It was a bit of a disconnect for me to hear someone talking.

And for that matter, how are they speaking to us, lore-wise? Is there some kind of long distance communication device in our helmets? The other times the tower personalities speak to us while we are "in the field" make sense to me to a degree. The Patrol bounties are pre-recorded and stored on the bounty beacons scattered around the different location. The speeches before the missions are pre-recorded mission briefings or they might be communicating through our ships. But Eris talking thoughout the Dark Below missions seems out of place to me. How is she speaking to us, much less see what we are seeing, and her speech seems to indicate she can see what we see.

Magic Space Radio.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard any new Dinklage dialogue, given how poor the reception to his acting was.

Agreed

by Earendil, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:25 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

I actually liked our ghost, and will really miss him. The dialog its self was terrible and cliche, but his delivery felt good to me considering I am expecting him to be a sort of advanced AI. Compare that to say, Cortana (Of Halo, not of Microsoft), who could easily be mistaken for a human given the voice acting and emotion conveyed.

Same

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:26 (3283 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

i liked dinklebot.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Saturday, May 09, 2015, 04:43 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

+1

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 08:39 (3282 days ago) @ dogcow

I've said it before, but I really don't get the Ghost hate. I thought his performance was great and appropriate for a little floating robot that is mission-focused.

I really don't see what everyone is complaining about...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:12 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

Dinklebot sounds a little stiff and mechanical... almost as if he's an AI or something ;p

Really, our Guardian's voice acting (both male and female) bothers me a lot more. Totally bland, unnatural, devoid of any character. Dinkelbot's voice makes perfect sense for what he is, IMO.

I doubt it

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 19:39 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

Full disclosure: I'm firmly in the "Dinklebot is awful" camp.

That being said, I'm also pretty sure Peter Dinkleage was a very expensive buy to get for voicing the Ghost, and I doubt Bungie will be shelling out that kind of cash again, especially given the poor reception that he got. The VO from TDB was a large improvement in quality, and I hope that trend continues in HoW.

I doubt it

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 04:44 (3282 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I think we will hear more from Peter Dinklage in the future. Bungie has their 10 year plan for the game, I figure all the voice actors likely signed contracts that had some stipulation of future work. "Story" continuity and all.

What I want to know most about House of Wolves is...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 02:54 (3282 days ago) @ Mariachi

From the latest House of Wolves trailer I get the impression the new narrator will be Petra since she will be sending us on the missions and she is the "voice of the Queen."

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread