New Exotics from Old Locations (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:50 (3283 days ago)

Just saw this. Should make some of us happy to have a chance to get the new exotics from VoG and Crota.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

That's good news

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:54 (3283 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It's been frustrating only having the Nightfalls and CE to try and get the Forth Horseman, especially since VoG is still the best activity in the game.

That's good news

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 08, 2015, 23:09 (3283 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's been frustrating only having the Nightfalls and CE to try and get the Forth Horseman, especially since VoG is still the best activity in the game.

Wait. Why can't you get the 4th horseman from the Vault of Glass?

That's good news

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 08, 2015, 23:22 (3283 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I assume because it's a TDB Exotic. I've never seen anyone get anything but Vanilla exotics in VoG, so I inferred that they can't drop there.

That's good news

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 00:18 (3283 days ago) @ CyberKN

I assume because it's a TDB Exotic. I've never seen anyone get anything but Vanilla exotics in VoG, so I inferred that they can't drop there.

I could be totally wrong, but I always thought the exotic drops all came from the same pool (except for the Mythoclast). People get 331 exotics from Vault of Glass, meaning it has to be drawing from an updated pool, right?

That's good news

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 00:37 (3283 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I could be totally wrong, but I always thought the exotic drops all came from the same pool (except for the Mythoclast). People get 331 exotics from Vault of Glass, meaning it has to be drawing from an updated pool, right?

If you can find any evidence to the contrary, great, but everything I've read and seen indicates it hasn't dropped for anyone there.

Because it's a PS exclusive?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 02:24 (3283 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I've also never seen DB or that terrible primary sniper.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 02:40 (3283 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I've also never seen DB or that terrible primary sniper.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:05 (3283 days ago) @ Funkmon

Now that you mention it, I'm certain I've seen Dragon's Breath drop during the Vault of Glass. But I have no way to prove that, so there's always the possibility that my memory is playing tricks on me.

That's good news

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 18:45 (3283 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, but I remember that pool updating to include >300 versions well after the launch of TDB, so they must have an activity-specific list.

New Exotics from Old Locations

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:05 (3283 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

After the bad rollout of loot in The Dark Below it really feels like someone at Bungie ordered from on high that enough was enough and that the game should actually be player friendly with regards to loot.

More like Upgraded Old Exotics from Old Locations

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Friday, May 08, 2015, 23:35 (3283 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

that's how I interpreted it, too.

by nash, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 00:30 (3283 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

Pretty sure this is correct. The word "level"

by Monochron, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 02:31 (3283 days ago) @ nash

- No text -

UPDATE: No they won't.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 11, 2015, 23:50 (3280 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread