Broken Mythoclast (Destiny)

by TheGhostBrigade, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 23:30 (3282 days ago)

http://xboxclips.com/TheGhostBrigade/e7d68678-a405-41e1-9a74-f962e89872ed

This happened to me during Iron Banner last week, but due to a family emergency I had kind of forgotten about it. Any explanation for this? Mythoclast basically just turned into a regular fusion rifle. It shot a bunch of rounds at once, but used ammo at a normal rate. Also my sprint speed was the same as my walking speed. Happened several times, the only thing that fixed it was switching my primary to something else then switching back.

Broken Mythoclast

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 23:39 (3282 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

http://xboxclips.com/TheGhostBrigade/e7d68678-a405-41e1-9a74-f962e89872ed

This happened to me during Iron Banner last week, but due to a family emergency I had kind of forgotten about it. Any explanation for this? Mythoclast basically just turned into a regular fusion rifle. It shot a bunch of rounds at once, but used ammo at a normal rate.

I've heard of this happening to a few people. It's probably just a rare bug caused by Bungie's screwing around with the base fusion rifle code to get the mythoclast to work like an auto-rifle.

Broken Mythoclast

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 00:27 (3282 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've heard of this happening to a few people. It's probably just a rare bug caused by Bungie's screwing around with the base fusion rifle code to get the mythoclast to work like an auto-rifle.

This happened to me during iron banner, and it was great! The mythoclast charged as a regular fusion rifle, was a one hit kill, and had the range it normally has. It was a beast of a weapon. It reset to normal behavior after a few deaths though.

Pocket Infinity

by Durandal, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 11:44 (3281 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I had this sort of happen to my pocket infinity. Suddenly it wouldn't shoot the whole clip, it would act like a normal rifle. Then after I went back into orbit it fixed itself.

Pocket Infinity

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 12:52 (3281 days ago) @ Durandal

It's a known issue. It happens less frequently now due to a partial fix, but occasionally it still occurs.

Pocket Infinity

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 10, 2015, 14:26 (3281 days ago) @ Durandal

Except the Pocket Infinity has no benefits from it, while Cody said the Mythoclast turns into a OHK.

But yeah, very possibly related.

There is one benefit

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 21:53 (3281 days ago) @ ZackDark

When PI glitches and slow fires it allows me to not waste a whole mag when the bad dude gets toasted on the first burst.

Heh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 10, 2015, 22:14 (3281 days ago) @ Up North 65

But it "sucks" as a regular Fusion Rifle. There are several which far surpass it. Does the magazine still fill up with missed shots when it glitches?

Oh PI gun, how I adore you

by Up North 65 @, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:48 (3281 days ago) @ ZackDark

When it glitches it still fires all 3 but with a second or so in between shots so it's still beastly, it just sucks when you miss the first one and get burned before the second fires. On the missed shot I don't know, usually I'm too focused on landing the second burst.

Happened to me today, and during Iron Banner.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 00:19 (3282 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

No clue how to fix it either. I just used another gun.

Broken Mythoclast

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 08:41 (3282 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

Yeah, I've seen that behavior before as well (only in the Crucible, I think), but it's been a long time. I'd assumed they had quietly fixed it, but apparently not!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread