I got Thorn! (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 22:38 (3281 days ago)

Special thanks to nico, General Vagueness for helping me with the strike, and also to everyone who's ever insulted the Sahara archetype, for giving me the vitriol to slay with my Epilogue for that part of the bounty.

I got Thorn!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, May 10, 2015, 22:47 (3281 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Congrats! ...I will never do that bounty again.

I got Thorn!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 23:05 (3281 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

also to everyone who's ever insulted the Sahara archetype, for giving me the vitriol to slay with my Epilogue for that part of the bounty.

Glad I could help. :p

Is this your first Thorn?

Yes.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 23:26 (3281 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And fifth time I've gotten that missive. :p

Yes.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2015, 03:12 (3281 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Wait, how is it your fifth time getting that bounty, but your first time getting Thorn?

Giving up the Thorn bounty is a thing, you know?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, May 11, 2015, 04:17 (3281 days ago) @ Morpheus

I, for one, gave up on it 2 or 3 times before I managed the Crucible part. To top it off, I didn't like Thorn...

Giving up the Thorn bounty is a thing, you know?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, May 11, 2015, 10:11 (3281 days ago) @ ZackDark

I, for one, gave up on it 2 or 3 times before I managed the Crucible part. To top it off, I didn't like Thorn...

LOL I've given up on this bounty 8 or 9 times on my Hunter. I finally got it on my Warlock, but still can't make forward progress on the Crucible portion.

Any time I play Crucible to "Win" I undo all my progress....

by Monochron, Monday, May 11, 2015, 14:47 (3281 days ago) @ Mid7night

I started Iron Banner at about 270/500 Thorn progress and by my last match Monday night I had 2/500 Thorn progress.

....I need better Void weapons ASAP.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 11, 2015, 14:54 (3281 days ago) @ Monochron

I started Iron Banner at about 270/500 Thorn progress and by my last match Monday night I had 2/500 Thorn progress.

I imagine it's much rougher with the special ammo being more scarce. I rocked a blue fusion rifle exclusively doing mine, and finished it in ~25 games.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 11, 2015, 14:56 (3281 days ago) @ CyberKN

I imagine it's much rougher with the special ammo being more scarce. I rocked a blue fusion rifle exclusively doing mine, and finished it in ~25 games.

The heavy ammo changes have made it a bit harder as well. Truth is out; you really have to go with the heavy machine gun now, and it's much harder to protect your ammo there anymore.

Try To Find A Plug One.1

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2015, 15:23 (3281 days ago) @ Monochron

I got a Void one--holy shit, that thing is insanely powerful. Almost every time I've fired, it's been a one shot kill. I almost feel bad. >;-)

Plus the one I have is equipped with Cascade. So Energy Drain+Cascade=near-instant reload on my Plug One.1

It's so crazy!

Here's an idea.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, May 11, 2015, 15:38 (3281 days ago) @ Monochron

Assists count towards progress for the Void bounty. And you also get assists for being near a kill for bounties (ever notice how the get 50 assists bounty completes in three rounds even though there's no way you got 50 actual assist?). So my suggestion is to run crucible with a bunch of Voidwalker warlocks and stick near them. Not only should you pick up some actual assists and kills by getting in more 2 on 1 situations, but you'll also get points for being near other Void kills.

That being said, I'd be glad to run my Warlock with you or anyone on the 360 for this. I didn't have any trouble with this part of the bounty, so perhaps I can help other people have less trouble.

Banshee's Uncommon Probst FTW!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 11, 2015, 18:22 (3281 days ago) @ Monochron

- No text -

Apart From The COWARDICE And FAILURE Of It...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2015, 13:24 (3281 days ago) @ ZackDark

Oh. Well then!

Y'know, the only bounties I've ever given up are:

• Cleansing Light, if I accidentally pick it up
  • Unstoppable if I die at 8905 three times in a row
  • Party's Over, if it gets too frustrating.

The Crucible part sucks the most, but I don't get rid of it. I just stare and seethe each time I see it until I finally give in, add whatever Crucible bounties apply to me and just suck it up.

FFS my internet.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:23 (3281 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sorry fellas, I can't get the xlive and house internet to work together. Best of luck with that Vault run. Sorry I couldn't get your attention with that Templar chest either, you guys actually spawned it and I could only watch in horror as you all ran past it :(

FFS my internet.

by Up North 65 @, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:44 (3281 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sorry abut the chest mate it was pretty wonky there with the 10 second templar fight and all. We made the maze and then called it.

Please tell me it's just Ascendant Mats

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:45 (3281 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Also, what the hell was with that six second Templar kill anyways?

Although, it was awesome.

It's just Ascendant Mats.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:48 (3281 days ago) @ RaichuKFM
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, May 11, 2015, 02:54

- No text -

I thought shed-net had failed.

by Up North 65 @, Monday, May 11, 2015, 03:14 (3281 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

After I took that first shot with the relic and went to find me some super fillers y'all started making a ruckus and those little boxes started spinning and i thought we went backwards to the oracles stage. I guess the orb of light the relic shot didn't disappear and continually dps'ed him to oblivion. Makes a good story I guess

Mother of God...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 11, 2015, 12:32 (3281 days ago) @ Up North 65

After I took that first shot with the relic and went to find me some super fillers y'all started making a ruckus and those little boxes started spinning and i thought we went backwards to the oracles stage. I guess the orb of light the relic shot didn't disappear and continually dps'ed him to oblivion. Makes a good story I guess

Shed-net can apparently write enemies out of existence now...its spending a lot of time in the vault...continually being exposed to ontological power...

My god North, it's becoming sentient. You're not safe there anymore.

Mother of God...

by Up North 65 @, Monday, May 11, 2015, 18:23 (3281 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Shed-net and skynet are similar eh? I took someone's advice to hire weasels after the damn squirrels went on strike over the nuts per hour agreement and my hamsters are having a hard time processing the amounts of lactic acid which has built up over the past month. I knew those weasels would be more trouble than they were worth, so if I randomly get phased out of existence and haunt the forum from across the endless sea I am sorry.

I thought shed-net had failed.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 11, 2015, 13:13 (3281 days ago) @ Up North 65

Somebody needs to figure out how to reproduce this on purpose! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread