Queen's Bounties: a good step (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 16:04 (3289 days ago)

I've posted before about Patrol mode, and how I think it is the area of Destiny that might have the most untapped potential. The introduction of the new Queen's Bounties feels like a great step in the right direction. The patrol spaces feel far more alive and exciting now that players are flocking to them. Something as simple as seeing lots of other players around helps a great deal.

As far as the bounty activities themselves, I was actually hoping they'd be a bit more interesting... at the very least, I thought each bounty would offer a unique challenge, rather than the exact same event in different locations. But that's fine. This is the new "Blades of Crota" event, so we just need to take it for what it is.

Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Bungie perhaps should have left the "blades of Crota" event active, rather than having the new Wolf Prowl event replace it. We're essentially just trading one event for another. The new event is a bit more interesting (and WAY more lucrative in terms of loot), but I'm sure it will get old quick. I think the key to keeping patrol mode exciting and fresh is having lots of different events and activities that can potentially overlap. The more different stuff we come across, the better IMO.

Queen's Bounties: a good step

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 16:21 (3289 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I agree that they should have left the Blades of Crota in place, but I wonder if the idea is that we have now defeated Crota and so there are no more blades running around? Seems silly since people will still be going through the Crota story line.

Vengeance of Crota?

by Durandal, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 16:42 (3289 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You could just replace the event with Crota's minions attempting to have vengeance upon those who killed their master. In fact that would probably be a neat twist. Have the event server look if any players have defeated Crota and replace the swords event with a vengeance event.

A colleague of mine loved getting the sword and then going to town on a Devil Walker. Likewise I had one Wolf pack show up in the middle of a public event and it got quite hectic. The combo events would be very fun for all, and often add some interesting interaction in the enemy forces on hand that would change up the zone.

Vengeance of Crota?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 17:26 (3289 days ago) @ Durandal

You could just replace the event with Crota's minions attempting to have vengeance upon those who killed their master. In fact that would probably be a neat twist. Have the event server look if any players have defeated Crota and replace the swords event with a vengeance event.

A colleague of mine loved getting the sword and then going to town on a Devil Walker. Likewise I had one Wolf pack show up in the middle of a public event and it got quite hectic. The combo events would be very fun for all, and often add some interesting interaction in the enemy forces on hand that would change up the zone.

Now THAT is a very cool idea; events that are contextually based on your progress each week. After reset, the "blades of crota" minions can be found invading the patrol zones. But if you complete the raid and defeat crota, the blades could be replaced by another world event like the "Vengeance of Crota" you suggested... similar event, but maybe there are some different configurations of enemies, like a couple wizards and an ogre, or something like that.

Patrol zone is supposed to be the casual part of Destiny, but I do love the idea of the occasional event that makes low-level guardians stop in their tracks and think "... maybe I should go the other way..." until a pack of level 32s come swooping in on their sparrows and save the day. Deej talked about these kind of things happening back before Destiny launched, but in reality it just never happens.

Vengeance of Crota?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 18:12 (3289 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Now THAT is a very cool idea; events that are contextually based on your progress each week. After reset, the "blades of crota" minions can be found invading the patrol zones. But if you complete the raid and defeat crota, the blades could be replaced by another world event like the "Vengeance of Crota" you suggested... similar event, but maybe there are some different configurations of enemies, like a couple wizards and an ogre, or something like that.

Patrol zone is supposed to be the casual part of Destiny, but I do love the idea of the occasional event that makes low-level guardians stop in their tracks and think "... maybe I should go the other way..." until a pack of level 32s come swooping in on their sparrows and save the day. Deej talked about these kind of things happening back before Destiny launched, but in reality it just never happens.

Yesterday, we had a Warsat, Urzok, and a Wolfpack all descend on Skywatch at the same time. it was really, really hard to stay alive, and really, really fun. :) (I felt a little bad for the level 4 guy who looked like he was just trying to collect Spinmetal.)

Baby Guardians are so cute

by Durandal, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 18:35 (3289 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Sees level 2 getting mauled by a pack of fallen in the cosmodrome.

Wipes them all out in 2 seconds flat.

Hops on speeder bike, rides off into sunset while level 2 watches.

Declines party invite.

Vengeance of Crota?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 18:45 (3289 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yesterday, we had a Warsat, Urzok, and a Wolfpack all descend on Skywatch at the same time. it was really, really hard to stay alive, and really, really fun. :) (I felt a little bad for the level 4 guy who looked like he was just trying to collect Spinmetal.)

I LOVE moments like that.

There are very few encounters in Destiny that have the ability to go from "I got this under control" to "oh F%#K" on a dime the way those patrol zone pile ups can. There's something hilarious about the idea of a lone level 4 guardian out on a peaceful spinemetal-farming run suddenly finding himself in the middle of a war zone. Or a fireteam of level 3 guardians walking out into the Skywatch courtyard and finding half a dozen level 32s in a fight for their lives against Urzok while defending a WARSAT with Wolf Pack drop ships swooping in from above. They just turn to each other and say "uh... Let's go back around the other way?". "Yeeeeeah".
Lol

blades of crota will be missed -- variety is good.

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 20:48 (3289 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

+1 for variety. -1 for removing content.

by DreadPirateWes, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 22:57 (3289 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Do they only last until Tuesday?

by DreadPirateWes, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 23:00 (3289 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Anyone know for certain? Seems like they'd continue, but I haven't seen any info either way.

ie Is this the start of house of wolves? or a limited time queens wrath event?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread