Just some quick thoughts on the Vestian Dynasty. (sp) (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:35 (3286 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:41

How big of an improvement is the Vestian Dynasty over the Crota Quest reward? Instead of some lame piece of armor the murmur, we get a gun that:

-Fits into the story as a sort of "now you're one of the queen's soldiers" deputization.
-Introduces us to a new class of weapons really seemlessly and without a great deal of effort.
-Is given halfway through the new campaign and immediately useful in dealing with new missions.
-Is the same burn as nightfall to help out folks with the first level 32 version.

Big step up from the last DLC's reward. Good job Bungie.

Just some quick thoughts on the Vestian Dynasty. (sp)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:37 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

How big of an improvement is the Vestian Dynasty over the Crota Quest reward? Instead of some lame piece of armor, we get a gun that:

-Fits into the story as a sort of "now you're one of the queen's soldiers" deputization.
-Introduces us to a new class of weapons really seemlessly and without a great deal of effort.
-Is given halfway through the new campaign and immediately useful in dealing with new missions.
-Is the same burn as nightfall to help out folks with the first level 32 version.

Also, is anyone else excited for this new type of weapon? I for one am NOT a hand cannon user, I can tolerate The Last Word. So when I started using the side arm, I was stoked. And I can't wait for more of it's type.

Also, well done bungie :-)

Blows Murmur out of the water.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:39 (3286 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:43

How big of an improvement is the Vestian Dynasty over the Crota Quest reward? Instead of some lame piece of armor, we get a gun that:

Also, is anyone else excited for this new type of weapon? I for one am NOT a hand cannon user, I can tolerate The Last Word. So when I started using the side arm, I was stoked. And I can't wait for more of it's type.

Also, well done bungie :-)

I'm just remembering the Murmur. Man, this thing is much better than the Murmur. So much more ready to go, too.

And you can buy it again if you accidentally dismantle it! Improvements!

Set Phasers for Kill!

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:29 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Seriously, this thing is a beast, and so much fun to use.

Pew Pew!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:30 (3286 days ago) @ Kahzgul

[image]
Reminds me of these classics, actually.

The fire rate on that was way lower.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:00 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

And Dregs can't cheat by covering their chest detector.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:50 (3286 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I had those!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:57 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I hate it

by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:07 (3286 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Seriously, this thing is a beast, and so much fun to use.

Seriously seriously? I hate it! My preferred weapon engagement tactic is to get to medium-long range, duck in and out of cover, crit for large amounts of damage and one-shot enemies. This thing feels like a trash auto rifle with only 15 shots (is that right?). If you have to get in close to do damage, why wouldn't you rather use a shotgun and kill in one shot? Please explain how it is good (without arc burn)... I must be using it wrong.

I get you

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:18 (3285 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:22

My preferred weapon engagement tactic is to get to medium-long range,

This I can understand. If you don't like the mid-close, this probably isn't a great playstyle fit for you.

That said, especially in the fallen arena of PoE, when you get close up with a captain, this thing comes in really handy. It's more versatile than a shotgun, I think, and when leaving cover can get you wire-rifled to death, that versatility can be really handy.

Certainly not for everyone. It's more of an accurate/fast Fusion Rifle alternative (and personally, I found Invective more useful almost everywhere in the PoE).

I hate it

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:15 (3285 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

It is good because if I see you coming I can blast you to death before you can shotgun me. It's fairly powerful, has a range longer than shotgun's one hit kill, and ALWAYS has ammo.

One thing that goes overlooked as well

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:19 (3285 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It is good because if I see you coming I can blast you to death before you can shotgun me. It's fairly powerful, has a range longer than shotgun's one hit kill, and ALWAYS has ammo.

It readies faster than most other guns, so if you need to switch to your secondary because your clip is empty you can fire faster and often finish someone off, even at a decent range.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:29 (3285 days ago) @ Xenos

True. I'm really considering a The Last Word combo with it. That'd be kinda hilarious!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:30 (3285 days ago) @ Ragashingo

True. I'm really considering a The Last Word combo with it. That'd be kinda hilarious!

I find Mythoclast with it to be really amusing personally! :)

That's because you are a bad person.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:43 (3285 days ago) @ Xenos

Mythoclast is NEVER amusing. Not ever. :p

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:01 (3285 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That's what I was rocking last night. It's awesome, except when you need long-distance firepower.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:03 (3285 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was using it with Fang of Ir'Yut. Fang for mid-long range, then hot swap to the first true sidearm in the game when I got in to mid-close range. Amazing with arc burn, obviously, but still incredibly effective without the burn. It's like a super-accurate hand cannon and does basically the same damage as one, too. One-shots shanks, one shot headshot on dregs (2 shots to the body otherwise), two shot headshot vandals... it's awesome.

I have a really hard time getting those headshots

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 03:10 (3285 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I don't know what it is, but I just can't hit Dregs in the head. Even the Vandals seem harder to headshot than with my regular handcannoms.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:05 (3285 days ago) @ someotherguy

It's not just you. I don't think it has very strong target acquisition. Even when I aim carefully I haven't been able to get many headshots out of it.

I don't think that's necessarily a problem - taking careful, paced shots is probably using that gun wrong. I think it's intended more for just aiming mid-body and unloading.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:18 (3285 days ago) @ stabbim

It's not just you. I don't think it has very strong target acquisition. Even when I aim carefully I haven't been able to get many headshots out of it.

I don't think that's necessarily a problem - taking careful, paced shots is probably using that gun wrong. I think it's intended more for just aiming mid-body and unloading.

I could be wrong, but I thought one of the characteristics of the sidearm is that it doesn't do precision damage; perhaps you're getting the headshots but they don't look like it because it doesn't do extra "precision" damage...?

I think it does 2.5x on crits?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:21 (3285 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Cool. Looks like I was, indeed, wrong.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:24 (3285 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Cool. Looks like I was, indeed, wrong.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:34 (3285 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, it definitely can get criticals. The numbers are yellow when that happens, same as any weapon. It just doesn't seem to happen very much.

Is 2.5x a lot? It feels like a lot to me.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 21, 2015, 13:24 (3285 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Handcannons are 3x, so maybe not?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 13:25 (3285 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Maybe it feels like a lot because of the RoF.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 21, 2015, 13:42 (3285 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Piece of advice: don't use ADS unless at range

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 14:18 (3285 days ago) @ someotherguy

For some reason ADS actually makes it somewhat more difficult to hit with. Unless the target has a little bit of distance I always fire from the hip, and it has great accuracy from the hip.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:29 (3285 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's what I was rocking last night. It's awesome, except when you need long-distance firepower.

I just rolled a Deadshot Luna with full auto, single point sling (swap and move faster), and third eye. Definitely pairing that with the sidearm for crucible.

So much love, I'd better try it again

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 00:01 (3285 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Unlock the stability perk and switch barrels for +impact.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 00:46 (3285 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 00:56

- No text -

Just some quick thoughts on the Vestian Dynasty. (sp)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:56 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I think it's great! In PvE it is perfectly designed to help you in the missions. Those tough Arc shields melt to it and it can cancel a Captain's (teleport?) abilities! That's useful on the tougher boss level ones. In PvP it serves as a good substitute to a Fusion Rifle, actually has a bit of range on it, and just plain works as a panic weapon. Plus it completely eliminates worry about finding Special Ammo. Not even Invective could do that! It won't beat a shotgun in close, but I feel it's a lot better for stopping someone getting in close than a pesky charge up fusion rifle.

That and it brings back the classic Halo Primary / Pistol Secondary, which makes me smile. :) <--- (See!)

You should have heard me giggling the first time I used it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:04 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

You should have heard me giggling the first time I used it.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:58 (3286 days ago) @ Kermit

I kind of wish you recorded it.

Bigarm & co. can testify

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:15 (3286 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Testify! Giggling interspersed with "I love this gun!"

by Bigarm41, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:15 (3285 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

It's all true, your honour

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:19 (3285 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Did you think of this, as I did?

by Miguel Chavez, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:07 (3286 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

Yes.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:07 (3286 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:01 (3285 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

[image]

I actually thought of it as the MIDA Multi-Tool and Fatebringer had a baby, but yeah, now that you mention it.

Man I loved overcharging that gun.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:17 (3285 days ago) @ Kermit

I actually thought of it as the MIDA Multi-Tool and Fatebringer had a baby, but yeah, now that you mention it.

Vestian Dynasty with exploding headshots would be... mind blowingly good. [Pun intended]

Very much so, yes. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 02:15 (3285 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

- No text -

Space Glock is fun

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:05 (3286 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Space Glock is fun

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:24 (3286 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm glad I'm not the only one who called it a Space Glock right away.

Space Glock is fun

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:28 (3285 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm annoyed I didn't think to call it that.

Sign me up for the fan club.

by LostSpartan, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:12 (3285 days ago) @ iconicbanana

because I love this gun. Was absolutely grinning from ear to ear as I used it on the story missions.

Roadhouse

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:40 (3285 days ago) @ LostSpartan

I felt like Peter Griffin here. Just replace Roadhouse with Space Glock

Roadhouse

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:43 (3285 days ago) @ unoudid

I used to play Mass Effect 3 with a guy who would say that every time he meleed an enemy. Somehow, it was never not funny.

If it had an optional Raffica module...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:16 (3285 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sammy would never use another gun in PvP.

Me? I swapped my 4th Horseman with it, and couldn't go back. It's too perfect, and with arc burn? Sogood.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread