New Crucible Maps (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 07:08 (3271 days ago)

I'm really digging the HoW crucible playlist. The new maps are terrific. Much better than the TDB set IMO.

My favorite is the one on Phobos. Its Medium-Large size is a good fit for my playstyle and the corridors and pathways all flow nicely. Its has great symmetry which is also a plus for control and I think this is true for all the new maps as well. I don't really see an advantage to any control point or starting spawn.

Next is The map from the European flood zone. It feels like I was warped into a COD2 map. Lots of open sky. Plenty of room for sniping. Tons of nooks and places to explore and try new tactics.

Thieves Den on Venus is the only map I'm not really fond of. Very close quarters with lots of twists and turns. It's kinda like Cauldron from TDB. I feel like there are too many pathways and angles to watch. High ROF auto rifles should fare better on this map.

New Crucible Maps

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 15:40 (3271 days ago) @ red robber

Next is The map from the European flood zone. It feels like I was warped into a COD2 map. Lots of open sky. Plenty of room for sniping. Tons of nooks and places to explore and try new tactics.

I thought it was a very COD-ish map as well, I enjoyed it for the most part. Will spend a lot more time crouched while capping zones here.

Thieves Den on Venus is the only map I'm not really fond of. Very close quarters with lots of twists and turns. It's kinda like Cauldron from TDB. I feel like there are too many pathways and angles to watch.

This map will take a lot of getting used to. The teams running against me were running in 2-3 person packs and it worked great for this because of the whole aim-assist switching that happens whenever enemies strafe across each other. I think you should try and use this to your advantage here, stick with someone at take out people not in packs.

Dat Skybox.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 15:58 (3271 days ago) @ red robber

My favorite is the one on Phobos. Its Medium-Large size is a good fit for my playstyle and the corridors and pathways all flow nicely. Its has great symmetry which is also a plus for control and I think this is true for all the new maps as well. I don't really see an advantage to any control point or starting spawn.

I died a couple of times just trying to admire the skybox on Black Shield. GIVE ME CUSTOM GAMES SO I CAN LOOK INTO THE SKY IN PEACE.

Dat Skybox.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 16:12 (3271 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The Cosmodrome wall on Widow's Court is pretty amazing too.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread