So how about those Peregrine Greaves (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:14 (3271 days ago)

Increased damage when using Shoulder Charge in midair. Pretty useless, huh? Well, yes and no.

Turns out it's 3x damage. In the Crucible that means you can shoulder charge an Overshield Warlock, a Bladedancer (risky!), a Fist of Havoc-ing Titan or Nova Bombing Warlock and kill them still. Even better, a Ward of Dawn with Blessing of light (and possibly armour - need to test) - no problem!

Not so good for PvE though, with one exception - this week's Nightfall. 3x Arc multiplier + 3x Peregrine multiplier + ?x Brawler multiplier = 32,000 damage, according to Reddit!

So how about those Peregrine Greaves

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:19 (3271 days ago) @ someotherguy

I was remarking to Cyber when we did the nightfall how great a stike this was for striker titans for the same reason- but I've never heard of or seen that armor yet.

Is it an exotic?

You answered your own question.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:30 (3271 days ago) @ Revenant1988

... I've never heard of or seen that armor yet.

Is it an exotic?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:37 (3271 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... I've never heard of or seen that armor yet.

Is it an exotic?

Uh...thanks. I guess.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:40 (3271 days ago) @ Revenant1988

LOL

Yes, it's one of the new HoW exotics.

He did no such thing.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:24 (3271 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

He ASKED a question. The answer is 'yes' - which is not something he said.

(Had I not KNOWN that answer, I don't think I would have been able to definitively pick it out of your response.)

Cutesy is fine, when it doesn't come off as obnoxious. This one came off as obnoxious.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 22, 2015, 01:50 (3271 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Yeah! It's new boots for Titans, apparently they light up when you're airborne! I'm excited to get some!

I've heard they look kinda similar to Ruin Wings.

They look almost nothing like Ruin Wings

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 22, 2015, 08:36 (3270 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 13:25 (3271 days ago) @ someotherguy

Increased damage when using Shoulder Charge in midair. Pretty useless, huh? Well, yes and no.

Turns out it's 3x damage. In the Crucible that means you can shoulder charge an Overshield Warlock, a Bladedancer (risky!), a Fist of Havoc-ing Titan or Nova Bombing Warlock and kill them still. Even better, a Ward of Dawn with Blessing of light (and possibly armour - need to test) - no problem!

Not so good for PvE though, with one exception - this week's Nightfall. 3x Arc multiplier + 3x Peregrine multiplier + ?x Brawler multiplier = 32,000 damage, according to Reddit!

Another thing is you just have to tap the jump button then charge. So you only really have to be airborne for like, .0001 seconds for it to work. As long as you get the knee smash.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 14:19 (3271 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Another thing is you just have to tap the jump button then charge. So you only really have to be airborne for like, .0001 seconds for it to work. As long as you get the knee smash.

I've gotten into the habbit of doing that every single time I shoulder charge, because you hit the ground running if you miss. Doing a shoulder charge on the ground brings you to a halt, whether you hit your target or not. If I do miss with shoulder charge, I'd rather maintain my forward movement to escape as quickly as possible.

Great advice!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 23:11 (3271 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Nova Bombing Warlocks die to regular Shoulder Charge, though

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 21, 2015, 15:17 (3271 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Not with Skull of Ahamkara.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 15:17 (3271 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I'm getting progressively more interested in this Exotic

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:32 (3271 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I just want to ruin a Defender's day. Armor of what?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 23:12 (3271 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:11 (3270 days ago) @ someotherguy

Not cool. Defenders already have deep seated "performance" issues in PvP as it is. You don't want to them to get worse.

I can just see the Titan saying "Oh, sorry for bothering you guys... I will be... umm.. over there..." Titan points to Prison of Elders

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:16 (3270 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Not cool. Defenders already have deep seated "performance" issues in PvP as it is. You don't want to them to get worse.

I can just see the Titan saying "Oh, sorry for bothering you guys... I will be... umm.. over there..." Titan points to Prison of Elders

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Tho' after last night I feel all I'm good for is my bubble, and one lucky Gjallarhorn shot on the VIP as they stepped into the circle around the final checkpoint.

I'm getting progressively more interested in this Exotic

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 22, 2015, 01:59 (3271 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah... They only problem is that there are WAY better exotics to be using. Like Obsidian Mind or Light Beyond Nemesis for PvE. And should you be going against other players the obvious choice is pretty much always going to be Voidfang.

I kinda feel bad for all my exotic warlock gear that doesn't get used at all... :(

I'm getting the hang of siphon abilities

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 22, 2015, 02:02 (3271 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Unfortunately, unlike the Defender class, the Voidwalker spends his melee energy even if it doesn't kill the target, but has a perk that only activates on kills... :/ That perk, however, suits me even more than Surge.

I'm getting the hang of siphon abilities

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 22, 2015, 02:05 (3271 days ago) @ ZackDark

This is actually exactly why I use Surge. So I get the benefit every time I melee someone, it's pretty great if you're running a shotgun, or some other type of slow re-loader.

Great for shotgunning in the Abyss

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 22, 2015, 02:16 (3271 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

But I don't find much use for it elsewhere. I mean, I do, but not as good as a potential quick boost to my next Nova Bomb. And since I use shotguns like a madman hunting turkeys now, I rarely melee anyway, so better to save up for weakened enemies who happen to survive the shotgun.

Either way, I don't have Skull of Dire Ahamkara and would have to wait for it to drop now.

Great for shotgunning in the Abyss

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 22, 2015, 02:49 (3271 days ago) @ ZackDark

I realized just the other day that I had all of the Warlock exotics. But now that HoW is here there's more to hoa- collect!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread