BWU 05/21/2015 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:40 (3271 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:52

Update's up!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:44 (3271 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Korny, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:48

HoW stats, Trials charity challenge, and neat store stuff.
Here!

Yay for new RL loot!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 19:01 (3271 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Pro-tip...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:51 (3271 days ago) @ CyberKN

Check the post tag. You have it listed under "Fireteam Builder Event", which people (such as me) might have blocked.

I have no idea how that happened.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:52 (3271 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

BWU 05/21/2015

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:11 (3271 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was hoping they'd say something about the Trials of Osiris. I almost have 10 passage coins but I can only spend them on favors and such, not an entry ticket thing, and I can't delete them; I would call this a problem. I don't have the DLC, and I'm OK with that locking me out of the event, I think it's barely even worth existing to begin with, but it's clogging up my inventory, and letting me buy stuff I can't use makes it feel like they're teasing me. I'm just glad I don't have any treasure keys since people are grinding hard to get them and I wouldn't even be able to use them.

BWU 05/21/2015

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:28 (3271 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I was hoping they'd say something about the Trials of Osiris. I almost have 10 passage coins but I can only spend them on favors and such, not an entry ticket thing, and I can't delete them; I would call this a problem. I don't have the DLC, and I'm OK with that locking me out of the event, I think it's barely even worth existing to begin with, but it's clogging up my inventory, and letting me buy stuff I can't use makes it feel like they're teasing me. I'm just glad I don't have any treasure keys since people are grinding hard to get them and I wouldn't even be able to use them.

Really? One slot is 'clogging up your inventory'? (You have 24 slots in your vault, plus a potential 30 more in characters - a total of 54 slots that these coins can fit into... so one slot is less than 2% of your available space. You'd call that 'clogging'?)

The 'teasing' bit I understand - but given how little space they actually take up, isn't forcing you to keep them a kind thing on Bungie's part? If you buy (or are granted for free down the road) access to the DLC, isn't it better to HAVE these things you earned than to have discarded them when you thought they were worthless?

Edit: My bad, you have 15 slots per character for Consumables, not 10 - so the total is 69, not 54. The coins take up a bit under one and a half percent of the space available.

Some people are easily annoyed. *shrug*

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:43 (3271 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

BWU 05/21/2015

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:53 (3271 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:57

Really? One slot is 'clogging up your inventory'? (You have 24 slots in your vault, plus a potential 30 more in characters - a total of 54 slots that these coins can fit into... so one slot is less than 2% of your available space. You'd call that 'clogging'?)

The 'teasing' bit I understand - but given how little space they actually take up, isn't forcing you to keep them a kind thing on Bungie's part? If you buy (or are granted for free down the road) access to the DLC, isn't it better to HAVE these things you earned than to have discarded them when you thought they were worthless?

Edit: My bad, you have 15 slots per character for Consumables, not 10 - so the total is 69, not 54. The coins take up a bit under one and a half percent of the space available.

I don't know what General vagueness' situation is like, but personally speaking I have 1 empty slot in each character's consumables inventory, and 1 empty slot in my vault. I know I'm far from the norm on this, but it certainly is possible for 1 slot to make a difference, depending on the player's inventory situation. If I were being given materials I couldn't use nor delete, I'd find it a little annoying too :)

*edit* "consumables inventory", not "materials".

Devil's advocate

by Earendil, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:54 (3271 days ago) @ Claude Errera

1. You shouldn't have to spin up new characters that you don't play in order to store stuff for the one character you do play. (not to mention you can't just spin them up, you have to play the first level before you even get to the tower)
2. There are more unique items that can go in those slots than there are total slots.
3. If you run multiple characters, the convenience of having some items split up (consumables) between characters is incredibly useful, and a use case given Bungie's addition to the Destiny app.
Snipe Edit 4. Let's say you wanted to move all 4 of your glimmer consumables to any one of your 3 characters, and do it in game. That means that all characters AND the vault need to have 4 free slots in order to keep from doing massive juggling. That means you need 4x4=16 free slots.

So, given that, you now throw in one more item. You aren't working with 96 open slots, you're working with a handfull of free slots, and every slot missing decreases your ability to manage items the way you'd like. So I'd back him in saying that one less slot is "clogging". With all the new things that hit my inventory I found myself jumping around for 15 minutes trying to free up space just so that I could except rewards.

And at the end of the day, I think we'd all agree that asking Bungie for the ability to delete items from inventory isn't an outrageous request :)

The ability to delete items is obviously good.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 22:13 (3271 days ago) @ Earendil

Trials coins, special synths, etc. I have to constantly use a special to keep my synths counter below 20, and weapon telemetries I'll never be able to get rid of.

The ability to delete items is obviously good.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 22:33 (3271 days ago) @ Funkmon

Trials coins, special synths, etc. I have to constantly use a special to keep my synths counter below 20, and weapon telemetries I'll never be able to get rid of.

You can burn telemetries at any point. You don't need the weapon in your inventory to do so. Takes as much time to press the 'X' button to use the telemetry as it would to press another button to delete it.

(The synths issue is a new one; until the wolf chests, we didn't really have ANYTHING that gave us more than 1 synth at a time, unless we actively bought them from a vendor. But didn't I see a screenshot - from Rev, maybe - that showed 200 synths in a slot now, instead of 20?)

All that said, okay, fine, the ability to delete stuff would be cool. Or simply providing a bigger pool for storage (maybe an attic for your vault, for stuff you can't use - it would only allow transfers of items that apply to content you don't own?). I dunno.

Not worth arguing about, I apologize for jumping in. The word 'clogging' simply rubbed me the wrong way. :)

Well, I have a nonstandard situation.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 22, 2015, 01:40 (3271 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

I bought a lot of heavy ammo synths and telemetries not anticipating this issue. They only stack to 20 now. I'm not upset about it though.

it was a mistake to make those things per character

by scarab @, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 03:28 (3269 days ago) @ Earendil

They should have been per player and then there would be no need to swap them around; you would need to perform zero work.

it was a mistake to make those things per character

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 14:54 (3268 days ago) @ scarab

I do wonder why they made glimmer and Grimoire scores carry over between every character and not anything else.

BWU 05/21/2015

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, May 22, 2015, 15:08 (3270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

well I already have 9 (possibly more now), presumably before long they'll fill up one slot and go to another, and then another

I'm not crazy about that either, giving me things to try to get me to buy DLC so they can become useful, they did the same thing with Husk of the Pit

New shirt with notations on it?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, May 22, 2015, 01:34 (3271 days ago) @ CyberKN

(please localize image)
[image]

I'm probably late to the party here. Has this art appeared elsewhere yet? (haven't been able to play in months, getting internet hooked up Saturday at the house)
Has some astronomical notations on it?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 12:54 (3270 days ago) @ Pyromancy

(please localize image)
[image]

I'm probably late to the party here. Has this art appeared elsewhere yet? (haven't been able to play in months, getting internet hooked up Saturday at the house)

Define "elsewhere", because technically it's going on one of the shirts Bungie is selling now.

I'm assuming those would be the location of the reef. At least the AU is... however if I remember my astronomical units correctly, AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, which really isn't that far away... So 2.5 AU's is really not that far away.

In fact, 2.5 AU is somewhere between Mars and Jupitar.

by Kahzgul, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:27 (3270 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

(please localize image)
[image]

Define "elsewhere", because technically it's going on one of the shirts Bungie is selling now.

I'm assuming those would be the location of the reef. At least the AU is... however if I remember my astronomical units correctly, AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, which really isn't that far away... So 2.5 AU's is really not that far away.

In fact, 2.5 AU is somewhere between Mars and Jupitar.

Like... in the asteroid belt?

Elsewhere meaning places other than the shirt. In game? etc.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 22:31 (3269 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread