What a ripoff! (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 22, 2015, 05:04 (3271 days ago)

So I needed to upgrade some Crota gloves, and I had Radiant Energy where I needed Shards. No worries, Eris exchanges those, right?

I head over, and take a look - yep, still the same price: one Black Wax Idol, 500 Glimmer. (And Level 4 rep, which my Hunter doesn't have, so I had to juggle them over to my Titan...) But wait, didn't I hear that the Speaker was exchanging stuff, too? He might not want that Idol... let's go see!

WTF - he only wants 50 Glimmer!

Eris needs to to get slapped with a C&D!

What a ripoff!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 05:10 (3271 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So I needed to upgrade some Crota gloves, and I had Radiant Energy where I needed Shards. No worries, Eris exchanges those, right?

I head over, and take a look - yep, still the same price: one Black Wax Idol, 500 Glimmer. (And Level 4 rep, which my Hunter doesn't have, so I had to juggle them over to my Titan...) But wait, didn't I hear that the Speaker was exchanging stuff, too? He might not want that Idol... let's go see!

There goes my 'speaker is evil' theory.

What a ripoff!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 05:15 (3271 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Or maybe not. Drug dealers sucker people in with cheap deals all the time.

What a ripoff!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 22, 2015, 11:41 (3270 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There goes my 'speaker is evil' theory.

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of Light." -2 Corinthians 11:14

Heck if anything, this makes him even MORE suspicious...

Friggin Carpet Bagger....

by Monochron, Friday, May 22, 2015, 12:29 (3270 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=69183

Skimming something off the top for all our hard work, eh Speaker?

It's about quality

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:44 (3270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Eris sells artisanal organic, free range Radiant materials. Every Guardian in the farm has their own well-maintained Ghost. And a health plan. The Speaker's materials are probably made in a sweatshop somewhere, but he's declined to comment. I've heard from an anonymous source (*cough*Tess*cough*) that he uses 1 overworked Ghost for every 15 "Guardians" and they all walk around like zombies, barely able to function. It's terrible.

You've lived in the Seattle area for too long.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:47 (3270 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Don't believe that liberal bs.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:48 (3270 days ago) @ Beorn

Eris sells artisanal organic, free range Radiant materials. Every Guardian in the farm has their own well-maintained Ghost. And a health plan. The Speaker's materials are probably made in a sweatshop somewhere, but he's declined to comment. I've heard from an anonymous source (*cough*Tess*cough*) that he uses 1 overworked Ghost for every 15 "Guardians" and they all walk around like zombies, barely able to function. It's terrible.

Eris's whole "organic" movement is just a sham to inflate the markup she needs to help deal with startup costs. Her overhead is just way high compared to the speaker, since he has an existing supply chain that's far more efficient.

Don't believe that liberal bs.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 15:39 (3270 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Eris's whole "organic" movement is just a sham to inflate the markup she needs to help deal with startup costs. Her overhead is just way high compared to the speaker, since he has an existing supply chain that's far more efficient.

Wasn't her start-up costs 4 guardians and her eyes? That's a pretty hefty start-up cost...

5 Guardians... "Six went down..."

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 22, 2015, 15:57 (3270 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

5 Guardians... "Six went down..."

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 22, 2015, 20:04 (3270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A lot of people believe Toland to still be alive, partially because of the seeming obsession with the Darkness he has.

Win.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:15 (3270 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread