The most intense ToO game I've had. [video] (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 05:26 (3253 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 06:04

Long amount of text below, not necessary to read. Just a writeup of the ToO experience. Be amused at the video.

But actually, not really. After fifteen (or more, Bungie says 15, but it's closer to two dozen I think) games of Trials of Osiris, I must say, it's the craziest experience I've had during a video game. Heart was beating, nonstop tension, very stressful. This is what competition play must feel like.

We knew we wanted to get to The Lighthouse, and I knew I'd never get there, at least until something was changed by Bungie. I didn't mind that. I was there for the etheric light and the chest armor. Zero was in for the Lighthouse.

We got 9 wins once, as shown there, but had lost two. The next time, we had 9 wins no losses, but Zero lagged behind me and Squid due to lack of gambling on buffs. That last game was 4-4, the other team had gone 8-0 (they told us in a message), and we pulled out an insane victory at the last minute. I couldn't believe it. The elation was real. Me and Squid got our junk. Then we went back and won again for Zero.

I felt accomplished beating the 34 POE boss. I felt accomplished beating Atheon. I felt accomplished beating Crota. Those, I felt like I just learned the game, and I beat the game. This was something entirely different.

For Trials, you don't beat the game. You must beat other players. Not just any other players, either. These are teams of dudes who know each other and are communicating. You have to out play, out strategize, and out communicate these other guys. Not once, but 7 times in a row (minimum, though I think Squid actually did it 9 times). THAT was an accomplishment. We really did something getting to The Lighthouse this time. We beat, as a team, OTHER PLAYERS. We're OBJECTIVELY GOOD as a team. We didn't just learn mechanics and power through cooperative bullet sponge bosses through sheer force of will and time to waste, we powered through real people through talent. That is something.

And the whole time, we knew that if we screwed up, we wouldn't get the stupid loot, as if we actually cared. We wanted the accomplishment.

Cody Miller is an internationally recognized good video game player. Not surprised he got this, and I know a lot of the PS4 guys are stupid good too. I'm bad to mediocre, and Squid and Zero are good, but not world record good. This really felt like something to us, and it really felt like the whole thing was on the line the whole time.

Anyway, it was really cool. The most intense gaming experience I've ever had, and it wasn't about the solar hand cannon, the solar pulse rifle, or the arc scout rifle we got (or even the Gjallarhorn Squid got). Actually, I don't know what it was about. It was just some shit we did that I'm proud of.

[image]

I'm never trying that again. Way too stressful. Look for sock video in the future.

PS I have a better picture, but I think it's funny my guardian has her eyes closed in the photo.

Can I have Zero back, pleaze? :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 06:00 (3253 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread