Noticed something with Celestial Nighthawk (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 19:37 (3258 days ago)

I was running Lvl 28 PoE and trying out my newly aquired Celestial Nighthawk. I noticed it took down all majors with the one shot except major phalanxes. It only moved their health bars about 1/6 of the way. At the same time, the rounds penetrated through and killed anything that was behind them. It's great for taking down majors and doing tons of damage to bosses, but not very useful against major phalanxes.

Noticed something with Celestial Nighthawk

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 19:39 (3258 days ago) @ bluerunner

I was running Lvl 28 PoE and trying out my newly aquired Celestial Nighthawk. I noticed it took down all majors with the one shot except major phalanxes. It only moved their health bars about 1/6 of the way. At the same time, the rounds penetrated through and killed anything that was behind them. It's great for taking down majors and doing tons of damage to bosses, but not very useful against major phalanxes.

Yeah, phalanxes are weird with golden gun, I've never really gotten it. Regular ones die even through the shield, but majors take a tiny amount or don't even take damage from regular GG. Still haven't figured out a good way to take them down with GG.

This is probably a stupid question, but...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 20:11 (3258 days ago) @ Xenos

You're sure you're not hitting their shield, right? I've never noticed anything strange when shooting phalanx majors with Golden Gun. I always aim for their hand, damage is what I would expect (assuming I don't miss or hit the shield).

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 20:13 (3258 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You're sure you're not hitting their shield, right? I've never noticed anything strange when shooting phalanx majors with Golden Gun. I always aim for their hand, damage is what I would expect (assuming I don't miss or hit the shield).

That's what I was talking about, with regular phalanxes you can just hit the shield. And where you have to aim for their hand is so off from where their hand is that trying to hit their hand is irritating. Usually I end up aiming for any other bad guys I can take out with GG instead.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 20:25 (3258 days ago) @ Xenos

That's what I was talking about, with regular phalanxes you can just hit the shield. And where you have to aim for their hand is so off from where their hand is that trying to hit their hand is irritating. Usually I end up aiming for any other bad guys I can take out with GG instead.

Ah, I see. So you're not actually hitting the phalanx themselves, then. I've also noticed the major's shields seem to be stronger/more resistant to over-penetration. But if you hit the phalanx instead of the shield, you'll do expected levels of damage.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread