PvE Etheric Light. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 02:03 (3254 days ago)

For someone with free time as random & ultimately limited as mine currently is - I don't see my self getting onto the higher Prison of Elders games anytime soon, because... ya know... no matchmaking.

I know you can also get it from Weekly Nightfall Strike, but... that brings me back to the same issue as the Prison of Elders.

So... is there any other way for me to get Etheric Light or am I going to be an forever 32 (or less) for the time being?

PvE Etheric Light.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 02:21 (3254 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You don't need Etheric Light to hit 33. Exotics are ascended exclusively with Exotic Shards, and you can purchase the weekly gear from Variks after getting an Armor Core by completing the 32 PoE.

PvE Etheric Light.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 03:18 (3254 days ago) @ Beorn

You don't need Etheric Light to hit 33. Exotics are ascended exclusively with Exotic Shards, and you can purchase the weekly gear from Variks after getting an Armor Core by completing the 32 PoE.

Maybe you missed the part of his post where he said he couldn't play PoE above 28 because of time/lack of players?

PvE Etheric Light.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 04:18 (3253 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Maybe you missed the part of his post where he said he couldn't play PoE above 28 because of time/lack of players?

No, I got that part. :) It was mostly a clarification.

PvE Etheric Light.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 03:23 (3254 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

For someone with free time as random & ultimately limited as mine currently is - I don't see my self getting onto the higher Prison of Elders games anytime soon, because... ya know... no matchmaking.

I know you can also get it from Weekly Nightfall Strike, but... that brings me back to the same issue as the Prison of Elders.

So... is there any other way for me to get Etheric Light or am I going to be an forever 32 (or less) for the time being?

If you can't play PoE or Nightfall, yeah, it's 32 for you.

That said, if you can't play PoE or Nightfall, you don't need to be higher than 32? So, no big?

PvE Etheric Light.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:16 (3253 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That said, if you can't play PoE or Nightfall, you don't need to be higher than 32? So, no big?

Yes and no. Etheric light is also needed to ascend weapons. Someone who's looking to bring some of their older legendaries up to speed needs to get ahold of it regardless of what level they're shooting for.

As an aside, I'm a little annoyed that ONLY a pair of gloves which are all strength are available to buy. That particular stat boost works very well for some of my setups, and is crap for some others. But it's currently the only way to get past 32. Grrr....

Man, I'm with you on the gloves.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 18:57 (3253 days ago) @ stabbim

As an aside, I'm a little annoyed that ONLY a pair of gloves which are all strength are available to buy. That particular stat boost works very well for some of my setups, and is crap for some others. But it's currently the only way to get past 32. Grrr....

Yeah, not a fan of that. At least you can take out your frustrations more frequently via fists to faces.

If I didn't need all that strength for invis, I'd be more irritated.

LFG

by Stuntmutt, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:21 (3253 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm in a similar situation.
So I started using the Planet Destiny LFG.
There's an auto match system that means you can just sit there and see who wants to play what right at that minute.
It's the only way I've been able to play raids, Nightfalls and PoE 32.
Of course you can set up your own group if there's something you specifically want to play.
But I just use it as 'lucky dip' matchmaking.
Players tend to be a decent bunch too, as they're looking via a fan site rather than being COMPLETELY random.

--facepalm--

by Miguel Chavez, Monday, May 25, 2015, 14:09 (3252 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

I'm in a similar situation.
So I started using the Planet Destiny LFG.
There's an auto match system that means you can just sit there and see who wants to play what right at that minute.
It's the only way I've been able to play raids, Nightfalls and PoE 32.
Of course you can set up your own group if there's something you specifically want to play.
But I just use it as 'lucky dip' matchmaking.
Players tend to be a decent bunch too, as they're looking via a fan site rather than being COMPLETELY random.

Or you can just message some of your pals on XBL that would love to play with you after decades of not playing with you because you had to get preggers and become a dad and yeah you live a few time zones away but fuck it who cares it's just time not like we need to sleep i mean jeeze, what da fuck? #shameyouintoplayingwithusmightaswell #youcanrocketonmyfaceanytimelover

--facepalm--

by Stuntmutt, Monday, May 25, 2015, 17:03 (3252 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Ha.
I'd love to play with you sir.
But when I'm on in the evening here, it's lunchtime for you there.
I feel lost in the dark corners of time.
Or GMT as we call it.

puntacular

by Miguel Chavez, Monday, May 25, 2015, 15:00 (3252 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

btw, this video, its origins, the resultant commentary on that youtube page, etc… all reminded me of you for some peculiar reason.

you bastard

PvE Etheric Light.

by Yapok @, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 10:52 (3253 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I too wish there was a pve matchmade way to get etheric light, even if a lot rarer. Maybe a rare drop from 28 PoE would be acceptable.

PvE Etheric Light.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 11:04 (3253 days ago) @ Yapok

You can get it from Iron Banner. I don't think they've released the details, but they did mention it being available at levels 3 and 5 in IB.

PvE Etheric Light.

by Yapok @, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 18:35 (3253 days ago) @ bluerunner

I do know about that. Wish they would release more details. Original OP was looking for a PVE way to get it though, which there is not a matchmade way other than Iron banner, as far as I am aware. Which is a shame.

PvE Etheric Light.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, May 25, 2015, 16:19 (3252 days ago) @ Yapok

Original OP was looking for a PVE way to get it though

Original OP used his PIN number at the ATM machine.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread