Raiding at level 33 (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 11:31 (3231 days ago)

We had a couple great raids last night, beginning with Crota Hard mode. For the first time, hard mode felt "fair". The combination of being at level with the enemies, plus having 365 Fatebringers and Gjallarhorns really made things feel more manageable and fun. We were able to blast through the raid in about 30 minutes with no wipes and only 2 or 3 deaths across the entire team. (Hard mode flawless raider, anyone?)

Here's a video of the Deathsinger & Crota battles. This far in to the raid, I had actually forgotten we were playing hard mode, hence my sudden scramble to equip armor that will regenerate health for me at the beginning of the Crota fight:

From there, we went on to do a VoG hard run. This run wasn't so different from what we've been able to do before. The only real difference was again having 365-rated weapons. Watch how quickly we were able to take down the Templar (with no teleports) thanks to all the 365 Gjallarhorns lighting him up:

Time from first shot fired to death = 34 seconds :D

Also happened to be one of the better loot nights I've ever had raiding. Got the Hunter VoG Helm, Praedyth's Revenge, Mythoclast, Fatebringer, Word of Crota, Dragon's Breath, and Oversoul Edict. I sharded all of them except the helmet (it was the only piece I still needed) but it was still fun to find a postmaster full of goodies upon returning to the tower :)

[image]

Oh wow

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 24, 2015, 15:27 (3231 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That was ridiculous. Looking forward to trying it out myself.

Btw, where did that Exotic Shard come from when you changed helmets? (Crota's End)

Oh wow

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 15:55 (3231 days ago) @ ZackDark

That was ridiculous. Looking forward to trying it out myself.

Btw, where did that Exotic Shard come from when you changed helmets? (Crota's End)

He stood still for a good while after inspecting his helmet and seeing a missing shard, so I'm guessing he used an app/extension to transfer a shard over so that he could be L33 again.

Wait a sec, those things work mid-combat?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:18 (3231 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Yep, anytime you want.

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:20 (3231 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Wait a sec, those things work mid-combat?!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:23 (3231 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yup. Bungie advises not doing it during a loading screen as there have been some reports of people losing items that way. But any time you're in orbit or combat, you're fine.

lol, silly Zack

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 17:18 (3231 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Raiding at level 33

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:22 (3231 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just did my first-ever complete Crota hard mode last night, with a group of 33s and 34s. I was the only one still at 32 due to having misread the event listing (oops), and we ended up doing the Titan bubble method, which I'd heard of but never done before, with me being said Titan. O_o But it all went relatively smoothly. I'd say about half of our wipes (and there weren't a lot) were due to shenanigans - someone died on the fall down to the Abyss, and so on.

I had been in a hard mode game once, briefly, at level 31, and it was a total bitch. This "being able to damage the enemies" thing felt much better. :)

I got everything but the boots from VoG...

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:25 (3231 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...and just need the boots for my collection. In a previous life I'd sharded 4 as that was all I could get to drop. XD

Sammy's Templar suicide at 1:15, classic...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:03 (3231 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That and my lack of Gjallarhorn ammo actually made that fight longer than it had to be. Next time, he drops in 20!

Sammy's Templar suicide at 1:15, classic...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, May 25, 2015, 03:00 (3230 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah if I had known I was a thing I would have used a synth instead of switching to black hammer after 3 rockets.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread